PDA

View Full Version : Bellville 23AAA Softball Champs?

Brahma73
04-17-2004, 11:10 AM
According to a Houston Chronicle boxscore, Columbus beat Sealy in softball last night 6-5. :eek: Apparently, trailing 5-0 in the bottom of the 6th, the Lady Cardinals scored 3 in the 6th and 3 in the seventh for the win. What a game this must have been if this is true. Does anybody know?

Bellville 18, Hempstead 0

If the Columbus/Sealy score is correct, Bellville Brahmanettes are again 23AAA champions, and the big showdown in Sealy on Tuesday night is for braggin' rights only. :clap:

Bellville22
04-17-2004, 02:03 PM
Congrats Brahmanettes!!! How bout makin' it 10-0 anyway.

Old Cardinal
04-17-2004, 05:49 PM
Congrats to Bellville! It looks like if you can get by the winner of Barbers Hill vs Orangefield then there is a good chance we(Bridge City) will meet you again. I would suspect that you will be playing Barbers Hill. They have excellent talent in the three Gonzales girls(Crystal, Hope and Samantha) and others. They are a little unpredictable but can mount an excellent front on a given ballgame. Hope to see you again a few rounds deep in the playoffs...

Brahma73
04-18-2004, 04:53 PM
We're takin' them one game at a time. Would love to see you guys again, and maybe this time we'll meet in person, OC!;) Our kids are really excited to be district champs again with only 4 returning starters from last year. The immediate goal is to take care of Sealy on Tuesday for our second straight 10-0 season. This game will be tough, as Sealy needs the win to stay alone in 2nd and avoid a play-off/coin toss(?) with Columbus. But if you know anything about rivalries in our district, you know there's a much bigger reason to win when Bellville plays Sealy at anything.

The Highway 36 rivalry is one of the best in the state. I promise you, records go out the window when these to schools meet. Sealy is a very good softball team with good pitching and plenty of speed. It'll be as good a game as there will be in the state.

Go Brahmanettes! Go #13!!

Old Cardinal
04-18-2004, 05:33 PM
I agree, it should be a good game. Coach Casey Anderson and Carmine are good friends, he does a good Coaching job for Sealy. See you soon! It's kind of interesting Barbers Hill faces probably Hardin who just upset Hamshire-Fannett 4-2 -a pretty good team. A month ago I would have said Hardin would be a total pushover against Barbers Hill; however, that little young team as been getting a little better each week! Enjoy your bye, it's going to be a tough run for all the teams in Region III. I really think we have the best top 12 or so teams in the State entering the postseason.