PDA

View Full Version : Z Motion Jr Makes Regionals

Z motion 10 out on 2
04-15-2004, 09:30 PM
I just had to brag on my boy!!!

Matt Gonzales from Vernon qualified for the 300m hurdles today with a time of 40.2

He took 2nd place. I believe the first place runner was named Pinkston and he had a time of 40.1

It was a very close race and I hope both boys can qualify for state. It was windy today so maybe they can get down into the 39's at regionals.

My son also took 3rd in the 100 meters.

So I'm very proud of him and if any of the downlowers will be in Odessa I will have to look you up at the meet.

lobo12
04-15-2004, 10:08 PM
ill be at the meet in odessa

aamove
04-15-2004, 10:40 PM
Z Motion,
Congratulations to your son, and good luck at the next level.

Old Dog
04-15-2004, 11:00 PM
Congrats on him making regionals. We know you are a proud Papa and so are we.

Wildcat81
04-15-2004, 11:25 PM
Congrats on him making regionals. Way to go.

vet93
04-16-2004, 08:03 AM
Congratulations Z-motion....I am going to miss getting the reports on your boy this year after graduation. You might just have to give us college reports as well!!

Z motion 10 out on 2
04-16-2004, 07:44 PM
I'll have to look you you up! Do you know how they run regionals?

I don't know as this will be my first trip. I'm guessing there will be 16 contestants in each event (two from each district). So how many heats do they run in the prelims? Will all clasifications be running at this meet...not against each other I know that, what I 'm asking is if there will be all these heats and because of classifications it would take a long time. Or will it only be 3A in Odessa?

If any one knows please advise.

Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
I just had to brag on my boy!!!

Matt Gonzales from Vernon qualified for the 300m hurdles today with a time of 40.2

He took 2nd place. I believe the first place runner was named Pinkston and he had a time of 40.1

It was a very close race and I hope both boys can qualify for state. It was windy today so maybe they can get down into the 39's at regionals.

My son also took 3rd in the 100 meters.

So I'm very proud of him and if any of the downlowers will be in Odessa I will have to look you up at the meet.

Z motion 10 out on 2
04-16-2004, 07:54 PM
Thanks Vet. I will miss not having my son on the high school team, but now I get to watch two games a week. One on Friday and one on Saturday. Although my son will be red shirted his first year in college, I will still make most of the games. Plus the pressure is off for the high school games and I can enjoy them more...huumm, well maybe not enjoy them more but at least not be as stressed over them.

I have had such a blast this year watching him in all his sports. Talk about a gift from God.

They win the region football
Win the area in basketball
Looks like he will make the playoffs in baseball
Qualifies for regionals in track (maybe he can qualify for state, who knows)

No way I could have dreamed all this up when he was a little boy! I really am so proud of him.

Old Tiger
04-16-2004, 10:50 PM
congrats...Freddy Williams of Caldwell won the 300 hurdles with a time of 39 somethin