PDA

View Full Version : Need Help

Cameronbystander
04-15-2004, 02:42 PM
I have a baseball that I got around 1960 or 1961. It is an official Little League ball that is signed by Mickey Mantle (He was at Montgomery Wards in Fort Worth siging autographs. I remember it like it was last week). I kept it in my clothes drawer for many years and in moving from Texas to Missouri to Mississippi and back to Texas, it has been lost for several years. I found it yesterday and the signature is faded badly.

Is there any way to bring back the signature? I doubt it but I thought someone might know.

crzyjournalist03
04-15-2004, 03:47 PM
don't do ANYTHING to the ball...the signature may be faded, but if you touch the ball, it loses any value it ever had...I'd suggest getting a plastic container to put it in to prevent it from fading any more, but whatever you do, do not do anything to the ball itself!

Wildcat81
04-15-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
don't do ANYTHING to the ball...the signature may be faded, but if you touch the ball, it loses any value it ever had...I'd suggest getting a plastic container to put it in to prevent it from fading any more, but whatever you do, do not do anything to the ball itself!

I would agree with crzyjournalist on that. put it in a plastic or glass container.