PDA

View Full Version : A Friendly Reminder to Baseball and Softball Score Posters

Phil C
04-15-2004, 09:54 AM
It is appreciated that you post your scores to let everyone have the information since sometimes local papers don't post them and also those away from your area can have the information. But please remember when posting to identify if your scores or for baseball or softball. Sometimes if it is not we don't know which sport it is for. I know this is just an oversight so this is just a friendly reminder. Thank you and please keep the posting updates coming. :)

JasperDog94
04-15-2004, 10:09 AM
Another friendly reminder: This is a football forum people. Let's try to keep the other talk off of this board. I mean come on. How are people supposed to take this site seriously if we bring other things up all the time and there's nothing about football on here? If you've posted other things, that's okay. Just remember what this site is supposed to be about...;)

18handicap
04-15-2004, 01:05 PM
NO JASPER -- YOU'RE WRONG!! THIS IS A 3A BOARD!!!

I appreciate the scores being posted because I keep track of the district races for the 3A softball coaches of our state on my website http://www.sweenysoftball.org As the 3A state softball representative on the Texas Girls Coaches Association and the chairperson for the entire state, this is one way that I can help out our coaches.

Also, thanks for making it clear on identifying softball & baseball scores. I'm not sure sometimes, so I don't always post the scores.

sinton66
04-15-2004, 01:22 PM
18Handicap, when you get to know JD94, you'll realize he was submitting a little sarcasm there. Tongue was planted firmly in cheek.;) We really could use a "sarcasm" smiley.

18handicap
04-15-2004, 02:15 PM
:eek: My apologies then......you know how I defend softball coaches!! But I also coach that oblong sphere in the fall (8th grade).

After 20 innings and 7 hours of softball in 2 games in 2 days, I might just be a little testy.:o

JasperDog94
04-15-2004, 03:24 PM
No offense taken...:) :cool:

Old Cardinal
04-15-2004, 03:33 PM
Boy 18H, I knew that sucker was setting up somebody LOL. I think it is fantastic that I can get on 3 A Down Low and choose what I want to read about-or choose to disregard a topic! I like to hear about all youth sports in 3A classification. It's the little things- like this morning on KOGT radio I heard that Michael Gauthier received a 4 year scholarship in track at Lamar U. Well immediately I remembered he was edged out of the Gold receiving Silver at the state meet in the 100 M as a Junior. I know that Michael hurt his leg in football and my prayers and hopes are with him that he can condition himself to possibly win the gold this year at the State Meet. I like both girls and boys sports information from here on 3A DL. I just wish that someone would work as diligently as 18H to put together a HS baseball standing site for us an 3A DL as well. You cane get the Excellent info on the girls Districts standings and postseason results at "Google" search engine, enter SOFTBALL STANDING PAGE. We really could use one like that for Baseball also.....THEN 3A DL could set up "link" clicks to easily reach these for viewing for those that don't have them in their favorites list.

Old Green
04-15-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by 18handicap
:eek: My apologies then......you know how I defend softball coaches!! But I also coach that oblong sphere in the fall (8th grade).

After 20 innings and 7 hours of softball in 2 games in 2 days, I might just be a little testy.:o
That's funny coach. :D :D