PDA

View Full Version : Cool article (though old) about Dabryan Blanton

kaorder1999
04-15-2004, 12:18 AM
http://www.insidetexastrack.com/blanton.htm
--------------------

During his days in Forney, DaBryan Blanton was all world on the high school scene. He could run anything from the 400 meters on down....lightning fast. He won multiple state titles and set some 3A state records. Not only was Blanton fast on the track, he was great on the football field. He originally signed to play football for the Sooners of Oklahoma, but during the spring of 2003, DaBryan decided to put away the cleats and concentrate on track and field. Staying focus on one sport had it's advantages. During his freshman campaign, Blanton set an American Junior record in the 100 meters with a time of 10.07. This year Blanton has a full off season of track and field under his belt and he came out flying, automatically qualifying in the 60 meter dash with a time of 6.62. With conference this week, DaBryan looks to continue his success on the track. Let's go One-On-One with Oklahoma's DaBryan Blanton.

1. What are your personal best in your events?

100 meter: 60 meter: 6.62; 10.07; 200 meter: 20.37

2. Have you ever considered long jumping?
No, but I did jump in high school.

3. What has been your greatest moment in track and field?
When I set the American junior record in the 100 meters with a 10.07 at the NCAA Regional meet in May 2003.

4. When did you decide to run track full time and stop playing football?
The spring of 2003

5. Do you miss playing football?
Nope!

6. Being that you already automatically qualified for NCAA Indoor Championships, do you feel the pressure is off of you and now you can relax more, or do you still feel that the pressure is on you?
The pressure is still on. I still have to compete at the NCAA Championships.

7. You have already qualified for the Olympic trials this summer. Is there anybody you would love to race against and why?
I want to race anyone who is a professional…because they are a professional.

8. What are you thinking about when you are in the starting blocks?
The sound of the starting gun.

9. What do you do for relaxing when you are not on the track?
Watch television

10. What is a favorite movie of yours that you would not want your friends to know you like?
Aladdin

This is our fun section that has nothing to do with track and field. Let us know which one you would choose.

1. Janet Jackson - Excited or disgusted - "Excited"
2. Michael Jackson - Guilty or not guilty - "Guilty"
3. Real Champion - USC or LSU - "Neither - OU"
http://www.insidetexastrack.com/Blanton11.jpg

SintonFan
04-15-2004, 12:26 AM
Nice article...
just wish he chose something else for this:
5. Do you miss playing football?
Nope!(I would have loved seeing him playing college or pro ball)
Of course he should have said Texas instead of Ohh U in the last question.
Still enjoyed the article Kao99.