PDA

View Full Version : hi everyone

bullfrog_alumni_02
04-14-2004, 06:59 PM
hey im sorry i havent been on alot lately ive been kindabusy and what not...anyway, im glad to finally be able toi say hi and God Bless to everyone. im on and on guard duty and bored off my mind please talk to me!!!

Ranger Mom
04-14-2004, 07:30 PM
Hello!! Sorry you are bored. I am watching my favorite show - American Idol, so I'm good!!

How's Hawaii treating you??

bullfrog_alumni_02
04-14-2004, 07:37 PM
well imnot sure how hawaii is right now, my guess is that its sunny and warm, im in afghanistan... good luck w/ the american idol thing though.

Ranger Mom
04-14-2004, 07:39 PM
Ohhh!!! I didn't realize you were in Afghanistan!!

So.....how is the weather there, and what to you have to guard when you are on guard duty?? (Or am I allowed to ask that?)

bullfrog_alumni_02
04-14-2004, 07:48 PM
its ok, but the weather is actually not that bad here, resembles colorado or arizona. the mountains are beautiful, well so is most of the scenery once you get past all the mines and ak47's, and im guarding a building under construction because yes it does have classified stuff init but i have no clue wht it is, my shift will be over inabout 2 hrs. but until then, ill talk to ppl on here. thanks for alleviating some of the boredom.

Ranger Mom
04-14-2004, 07:58 PM
Since you are visiting this site I take it you are a Texas boy. You may have told us this before, (but as Jason always reminds me, I am old so I tend to forget) but what team do you back???

bullfrog_alumni_02
04-14-2004, 08:01 PM
im alumni of the Lake Worth Bullfrogs, your from Midland Greenwood, Right, or am i way way in left field?

sinton66
04-14-2004, 08:02 PM
I'll say Hi too, and thanks for what you're doing over there. We really appreciate it back here. Stay safe, we'll keep you in our prayers.

Ranger Mom
04-14-2004, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
im alumni of the Lake Worth Bullfrogs, your from Midland Greenwood, Right, or am i way way in left field?

You are right on target!! We played Lake Worth in a playoff game 3 or 4 years ago, didn't we?? I remember painting a runthrough sign that said "Disect the frogs"!!

And Ditto to Sinton66's message, I can't tell you how much we appreciate you guys!!

bullfrog_alumni_02
04-14-2004, 08:13 PM
hahaha, i still laugh at how many times i hear anyone say or use that term about the 'frogs, but thats ok, you guys did disect us, 21-7, it was a good game you guys just out played us. at any rate its nice to know that people still know who we were and that we were at one time in the play offs, hopefull coach whitmire will pull the frogs out of there current slump this fall. as for being over here. now that im here, its really not too bad where im at have a warm bed to sleep in, hot food four times a day( that taste good)a decent gym to continue to get strong and asafe work environment, im intelligence not a grunt or something, so i will be good for the next yr to 18 months.

sinton66
04-14-2004, 08:33 PM
What branch are you in and where are you stationed in Hawaii?

bullfrog_alumni_02
04-14-2004, 08:35 PM
U.S.ARMY, and im stationed at Schofield Bks.

sinton66
04-14-2004, 08:42 PM
That's cool. I was in the Navy and stationed at Pearl back during the Viet Nam years.

bullfrog_alumni_02
04-14-2004, 08:47 PM
i dont know if they had it back then but they hae a nice country bar on pearl harbor called the pearl club, it was probably something like the officersclubor nco club back then, i have really gone to pearl that much , except on business for work or something. but what i saw was nice.

sinton66
04-14-2004, 08:56 PM
I remember the NCO club there, but don't remember a name. But, yeah, the base is pretty nice. I've actually been to most of the other islands too. We used to do little two week cruises running practicve ops with a couple of Nuke subs. I was on a submarine rescue.

bullfrog_alumni_02
04-14-2004, 09:07 PM
the navy offered me,much like it doesmost of Americas youth the nuclear enlisted program w/ like 60 grand for going on a sub for 7 months at a time, but i dont like that cramped of spaces or being around no females for that long of a time frame, or maybe its both, at any rate the army gave me mi so i took it and ran. im content w/ my descision.

sinton66
04-14-2004, 09:11 PM
The Nav tried everything they could to get me to sign up for sub duty. They were gonna send me to nuckear power school and all, but I declined. I didn't really think I could hack the confinement either. I really wanted to go into the Seal program, but they wouldn't have taken me because of a perforated eardrum. Wouldn't have been able to dive.

bullfrog_alumni_02
04-14-2004, 09:16 PM
im sorry to hear that you couldnt get on the seals because of health reasons, but atleast you tried. thats about asmuch as can be asked of you. i dont think i could have made it through the course on account that i cant swim. i know, im stationed on an island and i cant swim? what is wrong w/ me, i dont know, imjsut not very bouyant i guess

sinton66
04-14-2004, 09:40 PM
LOL, you're not alone! I can't either. Or at least, not very well. Fortunately, all you needed to know to get out of boot camp was how to float. That I can do.:D

bullfrog_alumni_02
04-14-2004, 09:53 PM
thanks for keeping me company man, my shift is about to end, so im gonna get ready to head on out. ill do my best to drop in and say hi to everyone. take care, and God Bless.

sinton66
04-14-2004, 09:55 PM
Have a good evening, and drop in anytime.

BullFrog Dad
04-15-2004, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Hello!! Sorry you are bored. I am watching my favorite show - American Idol, so I'm good!!

How's Hawaii treating you?? rm, Next time try a little hot sauce with those Nikes, it'll perk up the taste. John, Glad to hear your safe and in somewhat good spirits. I know that you were in town recently but PM me before your next trip home. Maybe Jason and I can meet with you. I'll buy you the biggest steak Williams Ranch has to offer!!! God Bless You.