PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with 3a Down LOW!?

Rocksolid
04-13-2004, 10:14 AM
When you enter the 3a down low message forum you enter by clicking on a link that says 3a football discusion but how come when you enter the football discusion people are not talkin about football. I understand that during the off season we have better things to talk about like Basketball, Baseball, Track, and other off season sports, but for some reason during the off season people are talking about and posting things other than SPORTS. When I log on to 3a down low I excpect to see things about sports, new coaching jobs, or people explaing their ideas on some of the rules. I just don't understand all this other talk. Such as when I logged on today, I saw posts called " Word Accosiation, Funny Stuff, Somthing about the astros, speaking of movies, Trivia Question, and Movie Review over the Alamo." I don't unerrstand why people posts things like that on a high school football website. I just think thats wrong. I also think if people want to posts things like that they should just get in a chat room or go to one of those community sites. I think the people who post these kind of things will eventually ruin this website. I also think that the people running this website should put a restriction on any posts that dont have to do with sports. Or they need to just create a new forum called other stuff.

jason
04-13-2004, 10:38 AM
dude, get over it...u dont like what u see, go somewhere else...:hand:

spiveyrat
04-13-2004, 10:44 AM
If you don't like what you see, you have the power to change it. Start some threads on things you want to talk about. Sites such as these are "give and take" not "take and take".

Maybe we do need to have this site sectioned off with some room for "off topic" talk. I also post on a board called TexasFishingForum.com which has many divisions including sections for bass, crappie, boats and motors, etc. as well as an "off topic area" and a "classified - for sale" area.

HOWEVER, I think I've seen Matthew say he doesn't want to do this.

Personally, I've created some cyber-friendships on here and I enjoy seeing their views on things other than football. If we were ever limited to just football, I would probably rarely visit during the off-season.

Ranger Mom
04-13-2004, 10:58 AM
It seems like several times a year someone gets on their soapbox and makes this exact post!!

This site is pretty much the same as it was when I joined almost two years ago!! Just bigger now!! I disagree that "frivilous" posts will be the downfall of this board!

I agree with the poster above, it this board only allowed FOOTBALL talk or SPORTS talk only, I would also not be here.

I have made many very good friends from here, and while we all agree we love football, there is more to our friendships than that.

I'm really tired of reading these posts (except for Phil C), if you don't like the way the board is ran, there are others out there you can visit.....I haven't seen one yet that concentrates totally on the Sport and nothing else!!

I'll be the first to admit, I am one of the "guiltiest" parties about starting a thread that has nothing to do with...ANYTHING, usually!!

I hope this site is never broken up into forums....any of those that I visit that are I usually stay in that one spot (I tend to stay in the W. Texas Forum and never visit any other part of the site).....needless to say, I rarely visit that board anymore!!

A division, with separate forums for separate sports, subjects, etc. will, IMHO, be the downfall of the board!!

sinton66
04-13-2004, 11:49 AM
In my opinion, it's the people on this site that make this board what it is, not just the topics. It has ALWAYS been that way. During football season you can have reasonable expectations to see not much other than football, but NOT in the offseason. We do talk about basketball, baseball, softball, and all sorts of things during their respective seasons.

I think the best recommendation we can make is if you don't like what's being talked about, start your own topic and discuss what you want to discuss. There are others that fell the same way you do. However, I don't forsee anybody being asked to stop the off subject topics as long as they are plainly labeled as such. If you're not interested in that topic, don't click on it.

kaorder1999
04-13-2004, 12:10 PM
congrats man...you just contributed to the "non-football related" posts....

Originally posted by Rocksolid
When you enter the 3a down low message forum you enter by clicking on a link that says 3a football discusion but how come when you enter the football discusion people are not talkin about football. I understand that during the off season we have better things to talk about like Basketball, Baseball, Track, and other off season sports, but for some reason during the off season people are talking about and posting things other than SPORTS. When I log on to 3a down low I excpect to see things about sports, new coaching jobs, or people explaing their ideas on some of the rules. I just don't understand all this other talk. Such as when I logged on today, I saw posts called " Word Accosiation, Funny Stuff, Somthing about the astros, speaking of movies, Trivia Question, and Movie Review over the Alamo." I don't unerrstand why people posts things like that on a high school football website. I just think thats wrong. I also think if people want to posts things like that they should just get in a chat room or go to one of those community sites. I think the people who post these kind of things will eventually ruin this website. I also think that the people running this website should put a restriction on any posts that dont have to do with sports. Or they need to just create a new forum called other stuff.

poncho
04-13-2004, 12:15 PM
Posters on this site aren't limited to football content 12 months out of the year. That would get pretty boring. During the season football is the #1 topic, but in the offseason theres b-ball baseball ect. Parents with kids in these sports use this football forum to communicate with other posters around the state. I enjoy reading most of the things our posters have to say thou, its not always football related. If you are planning on hanging around I think you will find 3adl pretty interesting. Don't be to quick to judge!!:)

Matthew328
04-13-2004, 12:23 PM
I'm sorry to burst your bubble here...but look at any other high school football board right now and there isn't gonna be much football talked there either...txpreps, theoldcoach, texashsfootball, texasprepxtar etc.

It's the offseason there isn't much too talk about...BUT if you want to start a football thread I'd be more than happy to contribute!

Brahma73
04-13-2004, 12:37 PM
So Rocksolid, do you get the idea that we're a little united on the defense of our little family here? Even though most of us have never met, we feel like we know each other. We discuss anything of interest to us and we don't fret if it doesn't interest everybody. Hell, we even occasionally help out Rangermom with her husband!:rolleyes: Open your mind a bit and get to know us. I think you'll enjoy the group of nut cases we all are. If not, run along.:)

Old Cardinal
04-13-2004, 01:34 PM
To the person with the problem, I would suggest to you to look at the TOPIC LINE; if it does not interest you then don't read it--it's that simple! Since you only came on board in August 2003 I can understand your wanting what you are wanting; however, we all have respected one another and just don't read the topics that are not of interest to us individually. I can assure you that these same frequent posters will be talking very knowledge football information when it gets to be late June or July. If you can't handle this off season banter etc:, log off and come back in late July and this board will be filled with people making entries based on some real football savvy. Meanwhile we have formed a family that likes to discuss the current 3A sports across Texas. Feel free to make an entry about football any time of year and someone will discuss that subject with you.

JasperDog94
04-13-2004, 01:48 PM
You mean to tell me that after all this time I've been posting that I've actually been posting on a FOOTBALL SITE?!?

Wildcat81
04-13-2004, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
You mean to tell me that after all this time I've been posting that I've actually been posting on a FOOTBALL SITE?!?

Yep! he he he. :D

sinton66
04-13-2004, 05:22 PM

tsk, tsk, tsk...........:D

Old Tiger
04-13-2004, 06:02 PM
I post about anything i want except politics

poncho
04-13-2004, 08:11 PM
You mean to tell me that after all this time I've been posting that I've actually been posting on a FOOTBALL SITE?!? You mean to tell me that after all this time I've been reading your post on a football site??:eek: :D

Old Tiger
04-13-2004, 08:13 PM
some people are too uptight

Old Tiger
04-13-2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
To the person with the problem, I would suggest to you to look at the TOPIC LINE; if it does not interest you then don't read it--it's that simple! Since you only came on board in August 2003 I can understand your wanting what you are wanting; however, we all have respected one another and just don't read the topics that are not of interest to us individually. I can assure you that these same frequent posters will be talking very knowledge football information when it gets to be late June or July. If you can't handle this off season banter etc:, log off and come back in late July and this board will be filled with people making entries based on some real football savvy. Meanwhile we have formed a family that likes to discuss the current 3A sports across Texas. Feel free to make an entry about football any time of year and someone will discuss that subject with you. man OC you told them :clap:

slpybear the bullfan
04-13-2004, 09:02 PM
NON-SPORTS RELATED TOPICS???!!!!

SOMEONE SHOULD PASS THIS COMMENT ON TO A MODERATOR FOR IMMEDIATE ACTION!!!

;)

slpybear the bullfan
04-13-2004, 09:02 PM
Seriously, this board is not a strictly football board DURING the season, much less during the middle of offseason...

aamove
04-13-2004, 10:45 PM
I am thankful that the donwlow has become more than just a Football site. It's more like a community, one that I'm proud to be a small part of.:)

fred grunden
04-14-2004, 01:33 PM
I read a lot more than I post. I respect the opinions of others and get some new information and sometimes get much needed insight into the affairs of this state and nation from people I have come to respect during the football season. After all, most of us are Texans and our kids go to small schools and we all love football. We start with a lot in common, so it's only natural that we might seek each other's opinions. We wouldn't appreciate a lot of posting by people who aren't football fans and take over this board with silly stuff, but during the off season, it's nice to see that familiar people are still around even if they aren't talking football. Tells you they are alive and well.:D But during the season, I only want to read football stuff.

3afan2K3
04-14-2004, 03:57 PM
This guy has made one of the DUMBEST post ever earlier in the year.

"I dont think you guys should dis band it is the glue that holds football together...."

Old Tiger
04-14-2004, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by aamove
I am thankful that the donwlow has become more than just a Football site. It's more like a community, one that I'm proud to be a small part of.:) ahhh shucks...i finally have a good family:D

poncho
04-14-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
ahhh shucks...i finally have a good family:D I have to say, that is a cool looking tiger!:cool:

Old Tiger
04-14-2004, 05:13 PM
Yea it is poncho I just wish I could find a pic of the new logo coach clark came up w/....

Greenwood Teach
04-14-2004, 07:15 PM
Are we supposed to be still reliving last football season or dreaming up the future one?

sinton66
04-14-2004, 08:00 PM
I don't know, GT. I plan on winging it until next season starts.:D

vfunk
04-14-2004, 10:16 PM
The Ticket is the only All sports radio station in Dallas! ;) ;) ;)

Old Tiger
04-14-2004, 10:24 PM
I like that ESPN station on XM

poncho
04-15-2004, 12:27 AM
I have xm radio and love it! That espn station is interesting. I also like the comedy stations. :cool:

slpybear the bullfan
04-15-2004, 10:11 PM
You know, my new pickup has XM radio in it and it rocks... I didn't even think I would want to use the free three month subscription... but I am glad I did... it is waaayyy cool.

Greenwood Teach
04-15-2004, 10:57 PM
It's a really easy problem to fix. If it doesn't look like a football post, don't open it up. You don't have to read the nonfootball related stuff.