PDA

View Full Version : Bridge City Baseball- Young players in action

Old Cardinal
04-12-2004, 05:00 PM
Having been able to win District for a number of years, it seems interesting that BC is ranked #7 with a team laced with such young players. The stats of the Sophomore pitching staff is almost unbelievable. It's easy for a team with that many young players to be inconsistant; but in this case they seem to be a teamwork orientated group that realize that consistancy is their strongest suit. I think that the second strongest suit that they have is the homerun capability distributed among a number of players. I would call them the "sleeper of 3A" at this point in time. These kids have hung out at "The Zone" for quite some time along with other serious players from all over the Golden Triangle and the synergy created by Coach Sam Moore has really up graded the pitching and hitting ability of the BC boys-- and other boys from the other HSs in the area. Any comments from those that have seen them in this undefeated District run?

Old Cardinal
04-13-2004, 03:57 PM
Big game tonight in Bridge City, they face the second best team in 21-3A in Hardin-Jefferson. I see BC is now ranked #6 in the statewide 3A poll. I look for them to pitch #2 Sophomore, Kevin Angelle, he is hot at present with 17 Ks, 17 Ks and 10 Ks for a total of 44 Ks in his last 3 ballgames. He is also undefeated for the season in 8 starts(I think that is right)...H-J has proven to be quit potent against teams from out of the District and also in the regular 21-3A games. Two of their(BC) 3 loses were to #4 ranked PN-G 20-4A, in tight ballgames. It's been quite a while since they lost a hardball game. ...What other good games are scheduled tonight in 3A?

j_dog
04-13-2004, 04:52 PM
According the the Lufkin News, Jasper is entertaining Hudson tonight. This game may decide which team represents 20-3a as district champion. Hudson only has 1 district loss, and Jasper only has 1 loss (to Hudson) as far as I can determine. It has been very difficult to get information lately. :( But, in every write-up of Jasper games I have seen lately, they have 10 runned all their opponents.

Old Cardinal
04-13-2004, 09:50 PM
The Bridge City vs Hardin-Jefferson baseball was all it was built up to be. #2 Sophomore Kevin Angelle went 5 innings with 11 Ks giving up one costly hit that was a double. #1 Sophomore, Broc Haymon, came in and dazzled the Hawks. BC won the game in the bottom of the seventh inning 4-3. All Stater Hunter Hays drove a man in from second and that was the ball game. Haymon was the WP although Angelle also had a good night. H-J has the best team they have fielded in years and are undefeated except for playing the #6 ranked Cardinals twice.