PDA

View Full Version : 3A Softball-- Teams versus Opponents

Old Cardinal
04-11-2004, 07:22 PM
I took a little time to scan some of the winning teams in softball. Here is what I found, these are District score summations only....

Splendora 105 Opponents 6(10 games)
Bridge City 105 Opp. 6 (10 games)
Snyder 62 Opp. 11 (8 games)
Paris North Lamar 52 Opp. 8 (10 games)
Bellville 49 Opp. 1 (6 games)
Forney 64 Opp. 4 (6 games)
Elgin 26 Opp. 1 (4 games)

These are all undefeated teams, would you please upgrade the stats and add other undefeated teams current overall records....I would hope someone would do the same thing with baseball undefeated teams also....

Old Tiger
04-12-2004, 11:23 AM
that is very good stats for splendora

mistanice
04-12-2004, 05:30 PM
Diboll is currently 21-4 on the season, and in sole possession of 1st place in 20 3a. Their only loss in district is Hudson. Diboll beat Central twice 3-1, 1-0. Central and Huntington are only ones to beat Hudson in district. Should be a close finish. 20 3a has some pretty good teams, and anyone can be beaten on any given night.

Old Cardinal
04-12-2004, 05:45 PM
I agree Mistanice that is a close race up in 20-3A; it can end up a number of ways...That Splendora team re-tooled with good select team players and are going to be hard to beat...They have one of the pitchers from one of the three 18 & U blast team team, just like Bridge City. If you look at the Blast pitchers in the past, like Tankersley(Kirbyville) and Collins(Splendora) plus- Vidor, Nederland, PN-G, LC-M that premium program have really helped SE HSs win a lot of ballgames...I think I find myself a fan of Diboll and Huntington in this 20-3A Hoss race because you two were considered doormats by Hudson, Central, and Pollock at the first of the season....

mistanice
04-12-2004, 07:16 PM
Old card.... what does the playoff picture look like for region 3? Do you have any predictions at this point and time, im sure it's tough to make a projection when teams are 1 game behind first place in district. Look for the Diboll-hudson game to be a key matchup, Diboll lost the first game 3-1.

Old Cardinal
04-12-2004, 09:55 PM
I will have to think about that and use the bracket UIL layout and try to guess, a little later. It may be a little clearer picture by the end of the week.... Unless a big upset, my gut feeling is that the Splendora vs Bridge City matchup will determine the Region III Champ and also the State Champion.

Dulce04
04-12-2004, 10:02 PM
Splendora's gotta go through us first before they even think about playing Bridge City, so we'll see how it goes when it comes

KL3
04-12-2004, 11:05 PM
"A big upset" Old Cardinal? Not so sure about that one.

Old Cardinal
04-13-2004, 12:04 PM
To Dulce 04--I love your positive attitude!.... I did not include the stats above about Caldwell. After 7 District games they are 38-6(scoring against opponents) and 20-1-1 game wise,on the season....We have a very big 4A game taking place tonight in the Golden Triangle in 4A..#1 Port Neches-Groves(19-3, 10-0) vs Little Cypress-Mauriceville(22-6, 9-1) who are extremely talented...I think that this game could well determine the ultimate 4A Championship...Both are blessed with some of that 3 team-- 18-U Beaumont Blast pitching ( just as Splendora and Bridge City are). PNG took them- 3-0 in the first District game and have 6 premier Select team Seniors. PNG has now won 47 straight games in District action. LC-M however has a fast improving team and are going to give some folks a fit in the 4A Playoffs. Had they not been in the same District with PNG, I would venture they would be ranked in the top 5 of 4A.