PDA

View Full Version : Here's Your Sign...

bulldawgs2006
04-10-2004, 09:01 PM
Okay....I don't think this has been done on here before...so let's give it a try. I'm sure most of y'all are familiar with the comedian Bill Engvall and his "Here's Your Sign" Jokes. And if you're not it's just finding humor when people ask really obvious questions for an unknown reason. So here's my example:

Today I was in the Bluebonnet Festival Parade on a float for a recent local beauty pageant. It had been raining throughout the entire parade, about 30 min., and was still raining as we finished out the route. Keep in mind I’m dressed in my formal dress and did not have an umbrella or anything with me. Well several of the spectators felt the need to ask me, "Are you cold?" To which I replied "No, I’m actually quite toasty...I really just like shaking." Here's your sign!

PhiI C
04-10-2004, 09:07 PM
LOL! Good One Bull!! You Go Girl!

slpybear the bullfan
04-10-2004, 10:37 PM
LOL, I should really fit into this topic...

I used to do Civil War reenacting. You know, I would dress up in period clothes and go play army.

Well, I did it through many summers. The uniforms those guys wore back then were a mixture of wool and cotton. You wore a pair of cotton drawers and a long sleeve cotton shirt. Over that you wore wool pants and a wool jacket. Top it off with leather gear and the blazing Texas sun and you get the idea.

It would never fail... after spending a couple of hours in the 100 degree heat, you would go back to camp where some spectators would watch you march up and stop. You would be standing there with clothes wet from sweat, sweat dribbling down your fact, sweat ring in your wool hat, etc. Always... ALWAYS, One of the spectators would walk up to you and ask, "Are you hot in those clothes?"

Here's your sign...

Ranger Mom
04-10-2004, 11:49 PM
This is KINDA SORTA on the subject. I went to my brothers house tonight for a BBQ and we watched the Blue Collar Comedy thing.

As we were watching it his 3 chihuahua's came running into the living room, jumped on the back of the couch and were staring out the window, I was looking at them and that was the first time I had noticed something....

I looked across the room at my brother and said, "If you cut holes in your mini blinds so your dogs can look out the window...you might be a redneck".

(They have little squares cut level with the back of the couch because the dogs kept clawing at them!

You may not think it's funny, but my parents, brother and sister-in-law laughed their butts off. This is at the end of the movie where Jeff Foxworthy was doing his "redneck thing"....it was perfect timing.

Wildcat81
04-11-2004, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
This is KINDA SORTA on the subject. I went to my brothers house tonight for a BBQ and we watched the Blue Collar Comedy thing.

As we were watching it his 3 chihuahua's came running into the living room, jumped on the back of the couch and were staring out the window, I was looking at them and that was the first time I had noticed something....

I looked across the room at my brother and said, "If you cut holes in your mini blinds so your dogs can look out the window...you might be a redneck".

(They have little squares cut level with the back of the couch because the dogs kept clawing at them!

You may not think it's funny, but my parents, brother and sister-in-law laughed their butts off. This is at the end of the movie where Jeff Foxworthy was doing his "redneck thing"....it was perfect timing.

Now thats funny.:)

Old No. 7
04-11-2004, 06:48 AM
One day in our shop at work, a co-worker took a tie-wrap(which is made of plactic and when it is tightened the only way to release it is to cut it. Police use big tie-wraps some times when they run out of handcuffs.) and cinched it around his finger. When he went to get a pair of pliers to cut it off his finger, I told him " if you would have been wearing your sign, I could have stopped ya." The whole shop rolled. :D

crzyjournalist03
04-11-2004, 08:34 PM
Recently I've been spending a lot of time at college and less and less time back in Forney...so a few weeks ago, I was at church and a girl walks up to me and asks me, "Hey, are you in town this weekend?"...here's your sign...

Old Tiger
04-11-2004, 09:09 PM
yall got it wrong...you have to say somethin to make them feel stupid to say here's your sign...lol

Masseter
04-12-2004, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by Wildcat81
Now thats funny.:)
...I don't care who ya are.