PDA

View Full Version : Kansas

lepfan
04-10-2004, 03:46 PM
I am in Kansas right now...it is COLD!!! This move we are about to make is going to be an adjustment. The biggest adjustment will be leaving my NEW home and moving into one that will obviously need updating! My husband says we are going to put to test all those hours I have logged while watching HGTV for the past several years. Also, the big sport around here is wrestling and BB, I guess because they are indoor sports.

SintonFan
04-10-2004, 04:08 PM
You are moving to Kansas? :eek:

poncho
04-10-2004, 05:57 PM
Build a safe room first.:)

Gobbla2001
04-10-2004, 06:31 PM
I drove through Kansas this summer (along with Oklahomo, Iowa and Minnesota)... Screw Kansas, you shouldn't have to pay to drive on some flat interstate with no scenic quality whatsoever...

If I owned both Hell and Kansas, I'd rent out Kansas and live in Hell...

Brahma73
04-10-2004, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I drove through Kansas this summer (along with Oklahomo, Iowa and Minnesota)... Screw Kansas, you shouldn't have to pay to drive on some flat interstate with no scenic quality whatsoever...

If I owned both Hell and Kansas, I'd rent out Kansas and live in Hell...

Gobbla lives!!!!!!

Old Green
04-10-2004, 07:31 PM
Stay in touch LepFan. We will keep you posted on what's happening.

lepfan
04-10-2004, 08:26 PM
c'mon Gobbla your not making me feel any better!!! This is going to be a BIG change in our life...but, DH got a better offer with his company (promotion)...$$$talks...I walk. It is very flat here. But, I lived in west texas for a while. This is my first visit here... I won't move until summer. This area has not seen a tornado in over 10 years...from what the locals say...surely it can be no worse that SE Oklahoma or Central Texas (weather wise)...at least you can see tornadoes coming for miles....I gotta keep a positive attitude:confused:

PhiI C
04-10-2004, 09:05 PM
Actually maybe Gobbla has something there. I found out that Kansas has 81,823 land square miles and if you rent each square mile for just $1,100 per month (which would be very cheap for a whole square mile), he would gross over one billion dollars a year!