PDA

View Full Version : What are Dist 20-3a baseball standings?

j_dog
04-09-2004, 08:45 AM
What are Dist 20-3a baseball standings? Thanks.

j_dog
04-09-2004, 11:49 PM
ttt

j_dog
04-10-2004, 10:22 PM
Per the Lufking News:

"4/9 Woodville shuts out Hornets
By BRANDON OGDEN
HUDSON - Casey Beck pitched a four-hit shutout as the Woodville Eagles handed the Hudson Hornets their first district setback, 4-0, on Thursday night.
Hudson plays at Jasper on Tuesday. "

Jasper's only district loss that I know of was to Hudson. If it is true that Jasper still only has the one loss, then the Hudson-Jasper game on Tuesday will be for the district lead. If anyone can confirm or clarify this, please do. Thanks.

JasperDog94
04-10-2004, 10:38 PM
Yeah, help out some guys that don't have access to the stats.

bearkatdad
04-11-2004, 10:35 AM
Hey guys... I looked in the Beaumont Enterprise and , as usual, no luck there. They usually only keep you up to date with the 'Golden Triangle' teams. I'll try and find out and post it as soon as I can find out.

Old Cardinal
04-11-2004, 01:48 PM
I am a little surprised to see Woodville holding their own in 20-3A baseball. They played down in the Triangle tournaments and did not do very well at all. I would think that before this season plays out that Hudson and Jasper will take the two top 20-3A spots. Jasper looked good in the preseason; they must have had a cool day to let Hudson take them in a District ballgame....I agree the Beaumont Enterprises' Sport pages has quit carrying Jasper area news. They don't do a very good job with local HS sports news anymore either. Let's all call the Head Edition and complain.

JasperDog94
04-11-2004, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by bearkatdad
Hey guys... I looked in the Beaumont Enterprise and , as usual, no luck there. They usually only keep you up to date with the 'Golden Triangle' teams. I'll try and find out and post it as soon as I can find out.
Must be part of that "Golden Triangle" conspiracy that Keith7 was talking about. Maybe I should've given him a little more credit...okay, I went a little too far.:doh:

j_dog
04-11-2004, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
I am a little surprised to see Woodville holding their own in 20-3A baseball. ....
The coach at Woodville is from a very successful baseball family. I will not be surprised at anything he and the Woodville team might accomplish.

bearkatdad
04-13-2004, 08:55 PM
Top of the 7th inning...Hudson 9, Jasper 2.
District standings before tonights game.... both Jasper and Hudson were tied for first with 7-1 records...Woodvile was in 2nd place with 5-3 record.

bearkatdad
04-13-2004, 09:12 PM
Final score...Hudson 10, Jasper 2.
Jasper will play Huntington Fri night.

j_dog
04-13-2004, 10:10 PM
Thank you for the post Bearkatdad. I guess Jasper is going to have to step it up a notch to succeed in the playoffs. :(

fred grunden
04-14-2004, 01:04 PM
Hudson has one very good soph. pitcher. They must have saved him for Jasper.

JasperDog94
04-14-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by fred grunden
Hudson has one very good soph. pitcher. They must have saved him for Jasper.
But that's still 10 runs for Hudson. Do you think that Jasper could beat them 2 out of 3?

Gasilla
04-14-2004, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
But that's still 10 runs for Hudson. Do you think that Jasper could beat them 2 out of 3?
Maybe, Hudson just has their number.

duckbutter
04-15-2004, 09:28 AM
RUMOR has it that Jasper threw their #4 pitcher and wanted the number two spot for the playoffs. Hard for me to believe it.

spiveyrat
04-15-2004, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by duckbutter
RUMOR has it that Jasper threw their #4 pitcher and wanted the number two spot for the playoffs. Hard for me to believe it.

Yeah, db, I don't buy it either.

Old Cardinal
04-15-2004, 04:28 PM
I have been wondering when someone was going to do that! I know for several years Bridge City could have fared much better letting Buna have the Championship and then going up a much easier baracket side. Buna was quite inferior yet they faced very mediocere opponents while climbing the other side of the bracketing. I see several situations in softball this year that would make an easier climb by relinquishing the #1 District spot....Maybe the District winners could be given a choice on which route they wish to take in the climb; to stop this from happening....Any thoughts?

j_dog
04-15-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by duckbutter
No way can I believe that, not when it was at the beginning of the second round. In no way do they even have a playoff spot assured at this point. If they were to lose to Woodville, then they could slip to third. From third, they could slip out of a playoff spot. It just does not makes sense to me. Now if it had been the last district game and if a team already had the second spot guaranteed with a loss, I guess there might be people who would question it. But, it is clear at this point, Jasper does not have second, or even third clinched. :(

pinecone
04-15-2004, 07:15 PM
I don't know who pitched. I haven't kept up with baseball other than reading the paper, but early in the season some of the fans were saying that the best route for the playoffs would be in the 2nd spot. Can't believe they would try to implement this strategy.

j_dog
04-15-2004, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by pinecone
I don't know who pitched. I haven't kept up with baseball other than reading the paper, but early in the season some of the fans were saying that the best route for the playoffs would be in the 2nd spot. Can't believe they would try to implement this strategy.
Again, I cannot believe it either. But, if it were proven to be true, I would be one disappointed Dog fan! :o You don't get to be winners by running from the competition. Judging from Jasper's preseason feast of 4a and 5a teams, I just do not see that they have been running from the competition.