PDA

View Full Version : The New 24-3A!!!

Bobkat
04-08-2004, 09:32 PM
What are your thoughts? What was already a very competitive and tough district, just got extremely tough with the addition of those mighty Mustangs from Orange. The Stangs will definetly be the favorite and I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't bring home a State Championship, but who finishes behind them?Bridge City will be better this year, but who else will be competitive. Orangefield will be young, but got some valuable experience in the playoffs last year. What are your thoughts???

Old Tiger
04-08-2004, 11:22 PM
Who's all in that district?

Bobkat
04-09-2004, 12:52 AM
West Orange-Stark...If anyone knows high school football in Texas, they know who these Mustangs are and what they represent. They will be in the running for a state championship, and I believe they will win it all.

Orangefield...After a very successful playoff run(loosing a heartbreaker to LaGrange) the Bobcats will be in a rebuilding mode. All-state WR Farias is gone and so is our 2000 yard passer in Modica. We'll be starting a soph. at QB that will have to learn on the run. Orangefield will be competitive and could even push for that 3rd place spot.

Bridge City...After a tough year in which the Cards didn't make the playoffs, look for them to be back in the hunt. BC will have alot of experience coming back this year after playing several underclassmen in 2003. Look for the Cards to fly high this year and get back to the playoffs.

Hamshire Fannett...A playoff team last year that should be a contender again this season. They have some talent returning on offense and seem to always be in the hunt year in and year out.

Hardin Jefferson...Probably had the most talented team in the district last year, but never seemed to get everyone on the same page. Again another team very capable of making the playoffs as the 3rd place team. Which Hawk team will show up is the question?

Anahuac...District champs last year in district 21-3A with only one district loss to Orangefield. Can they repeat? Not likely after loosing all everything QB, but they will be in the hunt. They have some very talented kids returning and again is another team that could get that 3rd place spot.

Overall this is a very good football district. Should be fun to watch, can't wait!!!

Old No. 7
04-09-2004, 08:25 AM
WOS may win it all but they are going to have to fight for it. There is always a team that is bigger, stronger, and faster right around the corner, in 1a,2a,3a,4a, or 5a. BC, you nerer know. Half the team may quit before district starts or the seniors may consentrate on another sport and not play football. Bobkat, who's the sophmore Qb you're talking about. I lived in OF for 8 months a few years ago. That town sure bleeds orange. I wish I could've brought that spirt back to K-ville with me.

Cat22
04-09-2004, 09:01 AM
Bobkat I think you nailed it on the head. WO-S will win the district, but after that the final two spots are up for grabs. Right now I think that Bridge City is probably the second best team, but it's hard to say until the season starts. Anything can happen, just look at last year. I can't wait.

Old No. 7 the sophomore QB from Orangefield is Brett Ramsey. He does not look like your typical QB, he's big and stocky. He's got some big shoes to fill, but I think he will step it up and be a good QB. It will be interesting to see how he performs in 7 on 7.