PDA

View Full Version : BURNET WILL WIN STATE! Mark my word!

PISSonU
08-31-2002, 09:47 AM
Burnet's huge win over 4A power, Austin Reagan, who gave Bay City a few fits last year in playoffs, is my pick for the 3A Division I title. Sinton is strong, yes, but not like this, folks! The Bulldogs are for real - and they've got an awesome band to pump them..

sinton66
08-31-2002, 09:50 AM
Sinton's not that strong.....YET. Way too early for this. Trust me, you need to take it one game at a time.

vet93
08-31-2002, 09:55 AM
I agree Sinton66...it is a little too early to be calling a state champion based on one game. Teams grow and change so much over the course of a season. Injuries play a part. Individual matchups play another part. Great win for Burnet, but too early to crown them champions.

Originally posted by sinton66:
Sinton's not that strong.....YET. Way too early for this. Trust me, you need to take it one game at a time.

PISSonU
08-31-2002, 09:56 AM
Burnet is the Bulldogs. I was talking about them, not Sinton. Sinton is like a broken record already. Burnet vs. Bellville winner will determine state rep from Region V. A you should see and hear their band. Awesome!

oldbuff78
08-31-2002, 09:58 AM
Burnet will not win state! There coach will foul that up.

LH_PANTHER
08-31-2002, 10:06 AM
PISSonU- is this like your prediction that Caldwell would beat Liberty Hill by at least 12.

sinton66
08-31-2002, 10:14 AM
And P.S., Bellville is in region 3 this year.
Jasper's the one that needs to worry about Bellville. And, you DID mention Sinton in your post sir. We were ALL talking about Burnet. Realize this, Reagan was ranked 29th in the top 50 4A by Data Poll. Don't put a lot of faith in the AP polls.

[This message has been edited by sinton66 (edited August 31, 2002).]

Birdman
08-31-2002, 11:04 AM
Ah, those week zero state champions usually end up as just so much roadkill in November and December. I sure wouldn't be tweaking legitimate contenders so early in the season. My suggestion is if Burnet is truly a strong team, keep it to yourself and let everyone else find out on the field, not on a message board.

sinton66
08-31-2002, 11:12 AM
Chris had every right to ride Sinton Fan in Austin. And we all KNOW Burnet is a good team. But JEEZ, it's only the first game! Wonder how good they'll be if they get people hurt?

Old Cardinal
08-31-2002, 11:30 AM
You know, I think you might just concentrate on trying to beat Bandera....You have not BEEN THERE yet! To advance to the state Championship takes extreme DEPTH and a lot of luck in the "lack-of-injury" category. You know there are plenty of 3A folks in week 0 that whalloped big enrollment 4A schools. In our area Jasper stopped(4A) PNG 25-0 playing a lot of kids in the ballgame. Bridge City topped(4A)LCM 27-7 playing a rotation of 26 kids trying to develop that cohesiveness call DEPTH. Sure we all have visions of lollipops and State Championships dancing in our heads this time of year. Can Burnet suffer injuries to 6 top starters and still win in the deeper playoffs? That's what quarterfinals and above is all about!

[This message has been edited by Old Cardinal (edited August 31, 2002).]

Chris Hart
08-31-2002, 11:49 AM
I agree it is one game,ONE BIG CONFIDENCE BUILDER.We should all take it one game at a time.And no Burnet can't afford the injuries. I know one or two players don't make a team, but Miller,McGee and Shipley are vital to our success.We want to stay focused and go after them Hornets next week.
We are all very happy and some are surprised but I knew this team is very talented and if healthy can play with anybody in the state.Stay Humble Bulldogs alot of work to be done.That Dirty Dawg Defense was most impressive to me shutting out the Reagan offense was simply outstanding.
The Burnet boys better stay focused, that Gatesville team looked mighty good in all their scrimmages and very impressive last night.It's going to be a good game.Go Bulldogs!

------------------
Big Green Dawg

sinton66
08-31-2002, 03:46 PM
Best of luck to you guys , Chris. It's definitely a confidence builder and one yall should take great pride in, but like you said, take it one game at a time and stay focused. I'm proud of yall!

Chris Hart
08-31-2002, 06:33 PM
Thanks 66, It's all still about 3A Reg 4. Football. We are rooting for you guys also.I hope we both make the region finals, I'm sure the winner of that game would represent Reg 4 wonderfully.But there are alot of other really good teams in the region that are shooting for the same thing.Good luck to yall and stay healthy.

------------------
Big Green Dawg

SintonFan
09-01-2002, 08:04 PM
Chris, you show your character by staying humble through a great win. That's something people should admire!

Bubba
09-01-2002, 08:47 PM
PissonU,
Good luck to your Bulldogs, but I think you're counting your chickens before they hatch. There are a lot of tough Division I schools this year, Everman and Jasper, just to name a few. You can't tell who's gonna do what this early in the season. Good luck to ya, you may be right.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-02-2002, 09:47 PM
Great win burnet. just got back into austin from sinton was not able to post there so ya'll bulldogs fans can rag on the prediction i made earlier where i felt that reagan would not have no problems with ur team. I was suprised both from burnett-reagan game and the sinton game. this is the first post ive read so i looking forward to what c. hart had to say. great win. i wouldnt say ur state champs yet but definetly contenders.