PDA

View Full Version : Republic of Texas

pirate4state
04-07-2004, 09:43 AM
I just received this in an email and thought I'd share it with a few friends. ;) Some of you may have already seen this, but with tensions running high this may just be what everyone needs. :) First and foremost we are ALL Texans! And if you're not, then at least you love something about our great state!

Republic of Texas:

I thought you'd all get a kick out of this one - Texan or not (and
Republican or not)....

Texas has given all those complainers plenty of time to get used to the results. After seeing the whiners along the inauguration route, the folks from Texas have decided that we might just take matters into our own hands.

Here is our solution:

#1: Let John Kerry become President of the United States (all 49
states).

#2: George W. Bush becomes the President of the Republic of Texas.

So what does Texas have to do to survive as a Republic?

NASA in Houston, Texas (we will control the space industry).

We refine over 85% of the gasoline in the United States.

Defense Industry (we have over 65% of it). The term "Don't mess with Texas," will take on a whole new meaning.

Oil - we can supply all the oil that the Republic of Texas will need
for the next 300 years. Yankee states? Sorry about that.

Natural Gas - Again we have all we need and it's too bad about those northern states. John Kerry will figure a way to keep them warm....

Computer Industry - we currently lead the nation in producing computer chips and communications: Small places like Texas Instruments, Dell Computer, EDS, Raytheon, National Semiconductor, Motorola, Intel, AMD, Atmel, Applied Materials, Ball Semiconductor, Dallas Semiconductor, Delphi, Nortel, Alcatel, Etc,Etc. The list goes on and on.

Health Centers - We have the largest research centers for Cancer
research,the best burn centers and the top trauma units in the world and other large health planning centers.

We have enough colleges to keep us going: U.T., Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Rice, SMU, University of Houston, Baylor, UNT, Texas Women's University, etc. Ivy grows better in the south anyway.

We have a ready supply of workers (just open the border when we need some more ) .

We have control of the paper industry, plastics, insurance, etc.

In case of a foreign invasion, we have the Texas National Guard and the Texas Air National Guard. We don't have an army but since everybody down here has at least six rifles and a pile of ammo, we can raise an army in 24 hours if we need it. If the situation really gets bad, we can always call Department of Public Safety and ask them to send over a couple Texas Rangers.

We are totally self sufficient in beef, poultry, hogs and vegetable
produce and everybody down here knows how to cook them so that they taste good.

Don't need any food.

This just names a few of the items that will keep the Republic of
Texas in good shape. There isn't a thing out there that we need and don't have.

Now to the rest of the United States under President Kerry: Since you won't have the refineries to get gas for your cars, only President Kerry will be able to drive around in his 9 mile per gallon SUV. The rest of the United States will have to walk or ride bikes.

You won't have any TV as the space center in Houston will cut off your communications. You won't have any natural gas to heat your homes but since Mr. Kerry has predicted global warming, you will not need the gas.

Signed, The People in Texas

On a side note, I was watching Food Crazy, a TV show on the Travel Channel, and the topic was Bar-B-Que and who had the best. The 4 "regions" in "competition" were: Texas, Memphis, North Carolina & Kansas City. Now, to determine who had the best BBQ they asked CALIFORNIA COWBOYS to be the taste testers!! :eek: What the heck do they know about BBQ in California? :rolleyes: Of course, I say this because they all believe that Memphis has better BBQ than Texas! :hand: As if!! :D

Phil C
04-07-2004, 10:14 AM
California Cowboys judging. lol Now I've heard everything. Anyway sometimes I wonder if maybe Texas would have been better off staying an independent nation instead of joining the union. Remember I said sometimes now! :)

spiveyrat
04-07-2004, 11:29 AM
On a related topic, Cincinnati boasts itself as the Chili capitol.(???) :eek:

Take a look for yourself... (http://www.inmamaskitchen.com/FOOD_IS_ART/cliff/chilarttwo.html)

slpybear the bullfan
04-07-2004, 12:21 PM
Most other "Barbecues" I have tried from other regions have shown me that other states must think the only kind of meat raised are pigs.

Pulled Pork?

Sheesh, give me smoked BEEF brisket anyday.

Pork is good for sausage and ribs... but those folks need to learn about the fruit of the cow!

slpybear the bullfan
04-07-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat

Take a look for yourself... (http://www.inmamaskitchen.com/FOOD_IS_ART/cliff/chilarttwo.html)

Chili Capitol?

Ohio?

Are they on dope????

olddawggreen
04-07-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
California Cowboys judging. lol Now I've heard everything. Anyway sometimes I wonder if maybe Texas would have been better off staying an independent nation instead of joining the union. Remember I said sometimes now! :)

I hear you Phil C, but it was a long time between 1845 and the time oil was produced in Texas, with out that happening, it would be interesting to see what kind of shape Texas would be in today. I know that amoung many of the Techies and others new to Texas, its fashionable to turn their backs on the oil and gas industry, but in reality it is one of the big reasons that Texas developed as it did. Besides that, back about the time Texas joined the US, Santa Anna was comming back into power down in Mexico, and those people had an entirely different idea of what Texas's future should look like.

Phil C
04-07-2004, 03:15 PM
You are right about that Old Green. Also I overlooked that if Texas had been an independent nation I may not have lived in Texas because my father was born in Georgia and moved the Texas when he was a baby when my grandfather came to Texas to start a new job at about 1914. My mother's folks were already in Texas but if Texas had been independent my father may have stayed in USA and they may never have met meaning I wouldn't be here. Oh the irony of fate! :)

44INAROW
04-07-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat

RON WHITE HAS A BIT ON ONE OF HIS CD'S OUT CINCINNATI BEING THE CHILI CAPITAL OF THE WORLD.. IT IS ABSOLUTELY HYSTERICAL...............

JasperDog94
04-07-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
RON WHITE HAS A BIT ON ONE OF HIS CD'S OUT CINCINNATI BEING THE CHILI CAPITAL OF THE WORLD.. IT IS ABSOLUTELY HYSTERICAL...............
Now that is one funny dude.:D :D

Old Green
04-07-2004, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Now that is one funny dude.:D :D

You might get corrected on the dude part.:D :D :thinking:

Old Cardinal
04-07-2004, 07:24 PM
I agree that Texas is good at Chili and BBQ but John Kerry is good at "waffles".

BullsFan
04-07-2004, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
I agree that Texas is good at Chili and BBQ but John Kerry is good at "waffles".

LOL!!

Old Tiger
04-07-2004, 10:04 PM
It's too long to read, is it funny? lol