PDA

View Full Version : Daria Mieloszynska commits to UT Women's Basketball Team!

Phil C
04-06-2004, 11:35 AM
Finally some great news!! She has verbally committed to Texas. She is a Junior College transfer from Illinois Central College. She is from Poland and was on a Polish all star team. She is a 6-ft-3in
forward with three-point range. She choose to attend a junior college first to improve her English even though several major universities had expressed interest two years ago. She led ICC to the National College Athletic Association Division II national championship as a freshman and this year led them to the regional finals. Even though ICC lost the final she was named the tournament's most valuable player. This is great news for Texas. Texas only loses one player from this year's team which is great but with her coming it makes for more optimism next year. Things are starting to look good especially with Diana Taurasa playing her last game tonight at Connecticut. Welcome to Texas and Austin Daria!

JasperDog94
04-06-2004, 11:55 AM
Things are looking up for Texas basketball!

KL3
04-06-2004, 12:32 PM
Also, the Texas A&M National Champion women's equestrian team just signed the #1 Jr. College recruit in the nation. Her name is Patty Longwell, she's 5'6" and can ride with the best of them.

This is great news because A&M only loses 2 Srs. off this year's squad, they should be awesome next year.

JasperDog94
04-06-2004, 12:44 PM
I thought we were talking about sports?:p :p

Phil C
04-07-2004, 03:25 PM
I also read that in October Texas had signed Erneisha Bailey to play women's basketball in Texas. I don't know much about her but she is supposed to be one of Kansas' outstanding players and is an outstanding shooting guard. Also I reviewed the roster and one of Texas great players who would have been a senior (Annissa Hastings) who plays forward will be back next year since she was injured before the season started and didn't play at all this past year and can finish her senior year next year. She was very good as a junior and hopefully her injury will be over and she can get back to her old form. Also they will have a tall center who will be a softmore next year and that is 6-ft- 5-in Kalee Carey who is a 3A Canyon, Texas graduate. Things are looking very promising.