PDA

View Full Version : A friendly bet announced

JasperDog94
04-05-2004, 11:58 AM
Mean Machine and I have a bet going on the election. Here's the details:

If Kerry wins my signature will read "George W. Bush was the worst president in US history."

If Bush wins, Mean Machine's signature will read "George W. Bush is the greatest president in US history."

The loser has to use that signature for a period of one month.

Nothing like a friendly rivalry.

poncho
04-05-2004, 12:08 PM
My money is on you JD94.:)

Old Green
04-05-2004, 12:40 PM
Sounds like a good bet. I'm with JD94.

ej2525
04-05-2004, 12:51 PM
My vote is with JD94!! And G Dubya!!

spiveyrat
04-05-2004, 01:28 PM
That's great! Wish I'd thought of it! :D

JasperDog94
04-05-2004, 01:49 PM
It's an idea that I toyed with all weekend and thought, why not. We should at least have some fun with this discussion. I can argue with a wall at home, but a non monetary bet among friends...now that will make things more interesting.

Mean_Machine
04-05-2004, 01:52 PM
how about all of you join in with him?? If your wrong you do the same as him.. but your money where your mouth is. LOL I will remember this thread to remind all of you. hehe. OR are you all talk fellas? come, on just step on out there with Jasperdog.. It will be great looking at all the Sigs for a month LOL:D :D

Z motion 10 out on 2
04-05-2004, 01:55 PM
I like the bet too! I'm in for Bush to win.

Old Green
04-05-2004, 02:00 PM
I'll take that bet. I'm the gambling type.:)

JasperDog94
04-05-2004, 02:00 PM
Looks like the guantlet has been thrown down. How many will pick it up?

ej2525
04-05-2004, 02:03 PM
I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY!! :D :D

kaorder1999
04-05-2004, 02:25 PM
hmmmm....seems like you should raise the stakes...

SintonFan
04-05-2004, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
hmmmm....seems like you should raise the stakes...
I agree:D

Mean_Machine
04-05-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I agree:D everyone who wants in on it just reply to this post.. but if you loose you must comply with the stakes.

olddawggreen
04-05-2004, 05:51 PM
Don't get too excited guys, Should Bush win, I predict that Mean_Machine will quit this site before he adds anything positive about Bush to his signature.

jason
04-05-2004, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
Don't get too excited guys, Should Bush win, I predict that Mean_Machine will quit this site before he adds anything positive about Bush to his signature. he'll come back as somebody else...

poncho
04-05-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Mean_Machine
how about all of you join in with him?? If your wrong you do the same as him.. but your money where your mouth is. LOL I will remember this thread to remind all of you. hehe. OR are you all talk fellas? come, on just step on out there with Jasperdog.. It will be great looking at all the Sigs for a month LOL:D :D Count me in. Poncho :D

Mean_Machine
04-06-2004, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by jason
he'll come back as somebody else... I take by your posting on this thread you are willing to get in on it?? or are you just talking about it?

JasperDog94
04-07-2004, 01:29 PM
Any other takers?

olddawggreen
04-07-2004, 01:33 PM
I tell you what, if Bush wins, I will ad "Bush was the best President" and if Kerry wins, I will add "Bush was the best President!:D

Mean_Machine
04-07-2004, 02:02 PM
I tell you what, if Bush wins, I will ad "Bush was the best President" and if Kerry wins, I will add "Bush was the best President!:D shows how little confidence you have in him.. I dont blame you. If I were you I would not accept it.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-07-2004, 02:40 PM
I'm with Mean_Machine on this one. I'm in---Kerry to be the next president. :D

jason
04-07-2004, 03:06 PM
what about al sharpton? :D

olddawggreen
04-07-2004, 05:21 PM
shows how little confidence you have in him.. I dont blame you. If I were you I would not accept it.

Mean_Machine, it has nothing to do with my confidence in Bush, what it does is show how much I detest Kerry. Now before this thread turns into what the Presidential survey thread did, Let me just say I respect your right to your opinions and I expect you to respect mine. Personally, I served my country so you could have that right. I say we just agree to disagree and let it go at that. We will know soon enough which candidate will have the most support. If its Bush, I will be happy, if its Kerry, I will respect the office. Im just ready for some High School Football to get started!

JasperDog94
04-07-2004, 05:36 PM
Mean_Machine, it has nothing to do with my cofidence in Bush, what it does is show how much I detest Kerry. Now before this thread turns into what the Presidential survey thread did, Let me just say I respect your right to your opinions and I expect you to respect mine. Personally, I served my country so you could have that right. I say we just agree to disagree and let it go at that. We will know soon enough which candidate will have the most support. If its Bush, I will be happy, if its Kerry, I will respect the office. Im just ready for some High School Football to get started!
WOW! Well said.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Mean_Machine
04-07-2004, 05:46 PM
Mean_Machine, it has nothing to do with my cofidence in Bush, what it does is show how much I detest Kerry. Now before this thread turns into what the Presidential survey thread did, Let me just say I respect your right to your opinions and I expect you to respect mine. Personally, I served my country so you could have that right. I say we just agree to disagree and let it go at that. We will know soon enough which candidate will have the most support. If its Bush, I will be happy, if its Kerry, I will respect the office. Im just ready for some High School Football to get started! In my oppinion it shows what I said. heck if your going to post on this particular thread or make a prediction then get in on the action. Personaly Im not the least bit worried . Thats why Im willing to take that little wager. I see the storm comming. IF Bush debates Kerry he will have to answer to some tough Numbers...

olddawggreen
04-07-2004, 06:26 PM
In my oppinion is shows what I said. heck if your going to post on this particular thread or make a prediction then get in on the action. Personaly Im not the least bit worried . Thats why Im willing to take that little wager. I see the storm comming. IF Bush debates Kerry he will have to answer to some tough Numbers...

In my opinion is shows what I said too?

And heck, if JasperDog94 tells me he doesn't want me to post on his thread without making a bet, I will respect his request and cease to post.:rolleyes:

Mean_Machine
04-07-2004, 06:44 PM
In my opinion is shows what I said too? :rolleyes:

And heck, if JasperDog94 tells me ye doesn't want me to post on his thread without making a bet, I will respect his request and cease to post. Thats ok You dont have to.. I know you would not follow through if you lost anyway.:D

olddawggreen
04-07-2004, 08:21 PM
Thats ok You dont have to.. I know you would not follow through if you lost anyway.:D

Your wrong again MM, anyone that knows me will tell you that my word is as good as gold. Unlike you, Im not going to state that my candidate is definately going to win. Im going to support him every way I can, financialy and with my vote, and I truley hope he wins. I know that anything can happen in a election and should my guy not come out on top, I wouldn't care to wear his opponant's name on my signature for a month.

Its kinda like I know the neighbor's dog might take a poop in my yard, I can accept that that will happen every now and then, but I would just as soon not smell it on my boot for a month. :D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-07-2004, 08:25 PM
Mean_Machine, it has nothing to do with my cofidence in Bush, what it does is show how much I detest Kerry. Now before this thread turns into what the Presidential survey thread did, Let me just say I respect your right to your opinions and I expect you to respect mine. Personally, I served my country so you could have that right. I say we just agree to disagree and let it go at that. We will know soon enough which candidate will have the most support. If its Bush, I will be happy, if its Kerry, I will respect the office. Im just ready for some High School Football to get started! :clap: I agree with you 100%.

olddawggreen
04-07-2004, 08:56 PM
Hey BIG BLUE, have you heard anything about your new coach's move to Rockdale? He lives down the street from me but I haven't seen any moving boxes in the garage yet. I know he and his wife are really excited about the new position. I would imagine he is already getting involved there even though he may have to finish out the year here. I heard that the other one we talked about may be staying in Burnet after all, but havent heard anything definate yet, I will let you know if I do. Hows your talent base looking there for next year? Im pretty excited for you guys. I hope we see you in 7 on 7 this summer. Let me know if you hear anything new.

poncho
04-07-2004, 09:33 PM
Your wrong again MM, anyone that knows me will tell you that my word is as good as gold. Unlike you, Im not going to state that my candidate is definately going to win. Im going to support him every way I can, financialy and with my vote, and I truley hope he wins. I know that anything can happen in a election and should my guy not come out on top, I wouldn't care to wear his opponant's name on my signature for a month.

Its kinda like I know the neighbor's dog might take a poop in my yard, I can accept that that will happen every now and then, but I would just as soon not smell it on my boot for a month. :D LOL .......O D G

Old Tiger
04-07-2004, 09:58 PM
good bet...I don't care who wins. It'll be funny either way

olddog73
04-08-2004, 07:59 AM

Its kinda like I know the neighbor's dog might take a poop in my yard, I can accept that that will happen every now and then, but I would just as soon not smell it on my boot for a month. :D

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Luv it! :D

Mean_Machine
04-08-2004, 09:13 AM
I know that anything can happen in a election and should my guy not come out on top, I wouldn't care to wear his opponant's name on my signature for a month. :D
Thats a Smart move on your part. If I were a Bush supporter I would not do it either. You see the writing on the wall already dont you. Especialy because it is begining to look like Iraq Could turn into a Vietnam.. "Mission Accomplished" .....Yeah Right....

poncho
04-08-2004, 09:45 AM
M_M this started out to be a frienldly little bet. So why are you trying to push Olddawggreen into something he's not interested in? Posters can make comments and if they choose to not play so be it. I don't have a problem with it why do you?? Lets move on.:rolleyes: Poncho

JasperDog94
04-08-2004, 09:52 AM
Some people just enjoy stirring the pot.:nerd:

Mean_Machine
04-08-2004, 10:01 AM
Don't get too excited guys, Should Bush win, I predict that Mean_Machine will quit this site before he adds anything positive about Bush to his signature. You mean Stiring the pot like this???? Why didnt you say that to olddawggreen when he made this statement?? boy you fellas turn a blind eye when one of your "buddies" spouts off , but sure are quick to say something when I come back at them.

JasperDog94
04-08-2004, 10:22 AM
You mean Stiring the pot like this???? Why didnt you say that to olddawggreen when he made this statement?? boy you fellas turn a blind eye when one of your "buddies" spouts off , but sure are quick to say something when I come back at them.
ODG was just stating his opinion that he thought you'd tuck tail and run if Bush wins. I, on the other hand, don't think you will. That's his opinion. Maybe it was stirring the pot, maybe it wasn't.

You, on the other hand, are trying to gode ODG into taking the bet. He doesn't have to take the bet. Yet, he still "has my permission" (as if he needed it) to post on this thread.

Like I said, it doesn't make any difference to me if he takes the bet or not. I initially just intended it to be between you and me, but if others want in, I'm all for it. At least it makes the off-season a little more entertaining.

olddog73
04-08-2004, 10:24 AM
Thats a Smart move on your part. If I were a Bush supporter I would not do it either. You see the writing on the wall already dont you. Especialy because it is begining to look like Iraq Could turn into a Vietnam.. "Mission Accomplished" .....Yeah Right....

Mean_Machine, I get the impression that your pretty excited that things have been rough lately for our men and women in uniform. You know, a jerk is a jerk regardless of what party you support. I bet your just about to wet yourself every time news of new hostilities are reported. Im sure you have contributed a lot to your country.

olddog73
04-08-2004, 10:31 AM
You mean Stiring the pot like this???? Why didnt you say that to olddawggreen when he made this statement?? boy you fellas turn a blind eye when one of your "buddies" spouts off , but sure are quick to say something when I come back at them.

I would say that ODG had read you pretty good Mean_Machine, as far as I can see, youve done nothing but be obnoxious since you came on this site.

SintonFan
04-08-2004, 10:53 AM
Excuse me, buddy. You have stirred the pot and tried to get the Kerry 'debate' started again, I think.
odg was entitled to his opinion and you reacted. It's in the process of snowballing because you can't seem to help yourself agitating odg because he doesn't like Kerry.
You joined this website what TWO months ago? I think you joined this website with political intentions in mind. ;)
At least it's starting to look that way.
Why don't you just agree to disagree about the Kerry(sKerry,pronounced-scary) debate. :D
I remember this post from a couple of months ago...
Quoted from pero chato 2-19-04:
Well now, we're finally making progress. Glad to see you're coming around to the truth. LOL! Yes I get it--you're being sarcastic. What do you say that we just agree to disagree and let this one rest?
Quoted from Mean Machine 2-20-04:
Thats fine.I think thats great way to end most disagreements. nothing wrong at all with that.
So now that I know you can be reasonable how about agreeing to disagree on the whole Kerry(Skerry:D) thing?
BTW, odg isn't one of my "buddies" but I will vouch for his word. He has shown nothing but class on this board. You could learn a thing or two from him.:cool:

Mean_Machine
04-08-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by olddog73
Mean_Machine, I get the impression that your pretty excited that things have been rough lately for our men and women in uniform. You know, a jerk is a jerk regardless of what party you support. I bet your just about to wet yourself every time news of new hostilities are reported. Im sure you have contributed a lot to your country. I am EXTREEMLY disapointed by what has happened to our young people in Iraq . You Read what you want into what I wrote. I have not contributed near as much as Senator Kerry has ( 2 purple hearts and 1 Silver Star) but I do Vote every election and dont gripe about paying any taxes that are used to keep america strong and running. I think It is Shame for American Lives to have been wasted like they have been for political purposes. I feel for the families who have lost loved ones there. I support them 100% but feel they are sort of victims in this whole thing. SO, your impression is wrong.

Mean_Machine
04-08-2004, 03:34 PM
Don't get too excited guys, Should Bush win, I predict that Mean_Machine will quit this site before he adds anything positive about Bush to his signature. This guy writes this and I respond.. And Im stiring things up?? Again I say, you ignore remarks made AT me, and cry foul when I respond to them. The word Hypocrite come to mind.

JasperDog94
04-08-2004, 03:40 PM
I do Vote every election and dont gripe about paying any taxes that are used to keep america strong and running.
The reason that you hear so many complaints on this board and elsewhere is because of the lack of fiscal dicipline on BOTH sides. Billions of dollars are wasted in welfare fraud, false medicare claims, etc... I give to my church and wish I could give more. I know where the money's going and I know that it's being used wisely. I can't say the same for our government.

Mean_Machine
04-08-2004, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
The reason that you hear so many complaints on this board and elsewhere is because of the lack of fiscal dicipline on BOTH sides. Billions of dollars are wasted in welfare fraud, false medicare claims, etc... I give to my church and wish I could give more. I know where the money's going and I know that it's being used wisely. I can't say the same for our government. Yeah I know what you mean...ALL the tax dollars go to waist on worthless freeloading people. we just should let those children starve....

JasperDog94
04-08-2004, 07:08 PM
Yeah I know what you mean...ALL the tax dollars go to waist on worthless freeloading people. we just should let those children starve....
Man, you try to meet someone in the middle and see what happens? I said both parties are at fault and that the government wastes a lot of money and somehow that gets translated into "ALL". This is what happens when you try to have an intelligent conversation with someone that is neither conservative nor moderate...:rolleyes:

Mean_Machine
04-08-2004, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Man, you try to meet someone in the middle and see what happens? I said both parties are at fault and that the government wastes a lot of money and somehow that gets translated into "ALL". This is what happens when you try to have an intelligent conversation with someone that is neither conservative nor moderate...:rolleyes: Well If A little fraud is the basis for you to say that your tax dollars are going to waste . then they will always be wasted. There is Fraud alover the place.. Tax Fraud included. The Biggest fraud is by white collar crooks who steal form you and I through tax loop holes and corporate fraud. not the Mom who may get extra well fare benifits. I really believe It is more important to punish Tax evation than it is to do what we can to stop those people fudging inorder to get foodstamps. punishing the kids is not the answer. It burns me to hear people mouth about those freeloading lazy people out there taking our hard earned tax money but not mention the Enrons or Haliburtons ( remember.. the VPs company) scamming taxpayers.

PS you didnt meet anyone in the middle.. and you know it. I believe in helping the little guy even if his mom may lie to get extra benifits. but that minimum wage just does not pay for what a couple and a couple of kids need to get by.. the kids should not suffer at all regardles of how parinoid you are of one of your tax dollars going to pay for a poor kids candy bar.

Ranger Mom
04-08-2004, 07:45 PM
:thinking:This "friendly" bet doesn't sound so friendly anymore!!:thinking:

Mean_Machine
04-08-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
:thinking:This "friendly" bet doesn't sound so friendly anymore!!:thinking: I considered it Very friendly until somone mentioned I would not follow through If I lost. Im still going to do it. but Im not taking any smart mouthed remarks from anyone who want to direct them toward me . I can dish it out if im going to take it.

SintonFan
04-08-2004, 08:33 PM
I considered it Very friendly until somone mentioned I would not follow through If I lost. Im still going to do it. but Im not taking any smart mouthed remarks from anyone who want to direct them toward me . I can dish it out if im going to take it.
For the sake of argument. You can dish it out. But, my friend you're not Skerry. So why take it personal?:confused:

slpybear the bullfan
04-08-2004, 09:50 PM
WARNING: Ramblings about personal feelings ahead!

You know, I do love politics. And I do like to discuss it.

But I have already slipped into "Election Atheisim". I am already sick of the politicking. Good Gosh, the real mud slinging hasn't even begun yet and I am absolutely stricken with tired-head to hear about this anymore.

Almost everyone is polarized over GW. You either love the guy or hate the guy. No one can say, "Well, I don't like him but he has done a good job on ___." I find that amazing. I really did not like President Clinton, but I still thought there were some things he did well. The LOVE-HATE-GW thing is something no one has ever answered for me and I really don't care anymore.

I will vote. And my vote is 99.99% decided already. It will take a major event or revelation for it to change now. That being the case, I am seriously considering putting my brain on "Cruise Control" for the rest of the election year.

C'mon Brain, let's spend the rest of election year 2004 in Margaritaville!

Ranger Mom
04-08-2004, 09:57 PM
I have to agree Slpy!!

I haven't been to a board yet, where a political post didn't turn ugly at some point. No matter how innocently it started out.

I almost feel like I am back in Jr. High sometimes listening to, "My dad can beat up your dad!!"

My mind is 100% made up, and nothing ANYONE says on a FOOTBALL forum is gonna change my mind!

slpybear the bullfan
04-08-2004, 10:18 PM
BullsFan says there has got to be a rule that says something like this...

At some point in an internet political argument, Hitler and the Nazis are bound to come up. And when they do, its time to go.

I think BullsFan is dead on about that one...

SintonFan
04-09-2004, 12:46 AM
Not a bad opinion from BullsFan...:D

poncho
04-09-2004, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I have to agree Slpy!!

I haven't been to a board yet, where a political post didn't turn ugly at some point. No matter how innocently it started out.

I almost feel like I am back in Jr. High sometimes listening to, "My dad can beat up your dad!!"

My mind is 100% made up, and nothing ANYONE says on a FOOTBALL forum is gonna change my mind!
So...true, when you can't agree to disagree, its time to move on. :thinking:

Mean_Machine
04-09-2004, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
BullsFan says there has got to be a rule that says something like this...

At some point in an internet political argument, Hitler and the Nazis are bound to come up. And when they do, its time to go.

I think BullsFan is dead on about that one... I want to fill you in on something.. on the political spectrum you have a range of political beliefs. Here is how the political parties set on the spectrum.

At the far LEFT the have Communist or Socialist.
Then You have Liberals like the Green Party.
Still on the Left you have a large portion of the Democratic Party.
Then you have Moderates in the Middle made up of Some Democrats and Some Republicans.
Then on the Right you have Republicans.
on the Far Right you have The Facist and Nazis.

thats how they lay out on the political spectrum.

It is not bad to mention the word Nazi or Facist. If it is against the rules to state the words then you have censorship. Just like the Nazis did in wwII. Being that we all hate what the Nazis stood for then we would not want anything to do with what they did.. dont you think???

BullsFan
04-09-2004, 09:20 AM
It started out as a Usenet term, but it's relevancy has spread over the internet as bbs become more popular.

Godwin's Law (http://info.astrian.net/jargon/terms/g/Godwin_s_Law.html)

Godwin's Law prov. [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.

Also, from this definition: (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwins_law)

Many people have extended Godwin's Law to imply that the invoking of the Nazis as a debating tactic (in any argument not directly related to World War II or the Holocaust) automatically loses the argument, simply because these events were so horrible that any comparison to any event less serious than genocide or extinction is invalid and in poor taste.

Fair point, that.

Mean_Machine
04-09-2004, 09:45 AM
So now links on the internet are Valid and not Slanted one way or another.. I promise I will not call your link a Lie..The Link states an opinion like everyone has. you know what they say about oppinions..

Mean_Machine
04-09-2004, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by BullsFan
It started out as a Usenet term, but it's relevancy has spread over the internet as bbs become more popular.

Godwin's Law (http://info.astrian.net/jargon/terms/g/Godwin_s_Law.html)

Also, from this definition: (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwins_law)

Fair point, that.
A lesson can be Learned form the Facist and Nazis.. Never repeat the mistakes they made. we need to constantly remind ourselves not to be like them and when our views come close then we need to evaluate our selves.:thinking:

olddog73
04-09-2004, 10:18 AM
I want to fill you in on something.. on the political spectrum you have a range of political beliefs. Here is how the political parties set on the spectrum.

At the far LEFT the have Communist or Socialist.
Then You have Liberals like the Green Party.
Still on the Left you have a large portion of the Democratic Party.
Then you have Moderates in the Middle made up of Some Democrats and Some Republicans.
Then on the Right you have Republicans.
on the Far Right you have The Facist and Nazis.

thats how they lay out on the political spectrum.

It is not bad to mention the word Nazi or Facist. If it is against the rules to state the words then you have censorship. Just like the Nazis did in wwII. Being that we all hate what the Nazis stood for then we would not want anything to do with what they did.. dont you think???

Seems you left out a level between the Republicans and the Fachist/Nazis, I believe according to most people in this country, the far right is refered to as the "Religious Right" as in this country the Far left are considered to be the Enviromental Groups, such as PETA, Grean Peace, ect.... I personally do not place the enviromental groups in the same box as the Communist and the Socialist, as I hope you dont place the Religious Right in the same box as the Nazis and the Facist.

I think that here in the United States, groups such as the Communist, Socialist, Facist and Nazis, as they exist at this time, are truely a "Sub Culture" and do not have any support amoung the Democrats or the Republicans.

Unfortunatly, with your repeated reference to the Nazis and the Facist when discussing Bush and the Republican Party, its hard for some to think that your not trying to compare the groups to each other.

As far as lessons to be learned, there are many lessons to be learned about the failures of the Communist, Socialist, Facist and the Nazis.

JasperDog94
04-09-2004, 11:23 PM
So much for a friendly bet thread. It looks like this thread "could" end up like the other one...closed.:(

poncho
04-10-2004, 12:43 AM
CLOSE IT

olddawggreen
04-10-2004, 08:16 AM
Its probably best for all if, in the future we all try to avoid discussions involving politics. This is a highschool football site, and honestly as we have seen in the last few weeks, the discussion of politics and/or religion really serves no purpose here other than to cause friction between those with different ideas and beliefs. I will be the first to say that its hard for anyone to sit back and watch some one attack something you believe in or support. Everyone has a right to their opinion, and as much as we may disagree with someones opinion or ideas, we should all respect that persons right to have them.

We will all see and hear enough about politics elsewhere this year with out bringing it up here. I say we bury the political hatchets and keep this a site that we can all enjoy. I agree with you guys, CLOSE IT, and avoid it in the future. Lets talk football and other sports and have fun!

Old No. 7
04-10-2004, 09:32 AM
I'll second that. All in favor say.....................:)

Mustang '89
04-10-2004, 11:11 PM
Its probably best for all if, in the future we all try to avoid discussions involving politics. This is a highschool football site, and honestly as we have seen in the last few weeks, the discussion of politics and/or religion really serves no purpose here other than to cause friction between those with different ideas and beliefs. I will be the first to say that its hard for anyone to sit back and watch some one attack something you believe in or support. Everyone has a right to their opinion, and as much as we may disagree with someones opinion or ideas, we should all respect that persons right to have them.

We will all see and hear enough about politics elsewhere this year with out bringing it up here. I say we bury the political hatchets and keep this a site that we can all enjoy. I agree with you guys, CLOSE IT, and avoid it in the future. Lets talk football and other sports and have fun!

Thank You!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

sinton66
04-11-2004, 05:52 PM
I think closing this thread is a good idea. It seems to be going nowhere fast.

Sorry, JasperDog94, nothing personal.