3. Lubbock Cooper
4. Princeton
5. Barbers Hill
6. Trinity
7. Hidalgo
8. Presido
9. Bridge City
10. Forney

I thought Football rankings were crazy. Although I love my Barbers Hill Eagles I don't know how they are at number 5 they have lost two district games to unranked teams. Forney & Bridge City are killing everyone one in district and are at number 9 &10??? I think the polsters rely on last years results. On another note the lone Star cup Standing are out and they are as follows. Barbers Hill has been in the top ten the last 3 of 4 years congrats Eagles.

1. Canyon 46 pts.
2. *Mont Belvieu Barbers Hill 40 pts.
3. Wimberley 38 pts.
4. Graham 36 pts.
5. Kountze 32 pts.
6. Atlanta 30 pts.
Corpus Christi West Oso 30 pts.
Manor 30 pts.
9. Devine 28 pts.
Gainesville 28 pts.
Liberty Hill 28 pts.

Old Cardinal
04-05-2004, 11:45 AM
TO RBARKER: I think that boys baseball poll was just some individual's post-touting some teams in weak schedule situations. I would not place much stock in that poll....As for your comments on Bridge City baseball; they have lost to #6 4A Port Neches-Groves 4-3(If I remember correctly). They also lost a close one to #9 LC-M which is also a ranked 4A team. On the positive side, look at the quality teams they have pounded!....The very first game of the year they lost to Jasper when a HR made the difference. I am amazed at the pitching talent on this very young team-4 lefties and 3 righthanders. I would say two of the lefty Sophomores are now proving to be the best in 3A at the present time, they are Division I all the way. Home Run Hayes and BJ Myers are knocking a lot of baseballs over the fence against some very good pitching this year....On the softball scene I would go with BH at least that high in the rating-they are becoming an outstanding girls teamwork machine....Watch them tear some teams up when they hit the playoffs.