PDA

View Full Version : Same old Thing in Women's College Basketball

PhiI C
04-04-2004, 11:04 PM
The same two teams are in the finals again so the winner will be either Connecticut or Tennessee. Probably Connecticut again. It is hard for me to get folks interested in women's sports when it all seems to be spelled dynasty i.e. North Carolina in soccer, Tennesee or Connecticut in basketball, and either a California school or AZ in softball. Hard to get Sinton 66 interested with all that against me. Diana Taurasa ends her career at Connecticut and I hope that San Antonio gets her even though the WNBA will probably see that she goes to Los Angelas or New York. In the past four years her team was in the final four as a freshman and the national champions the past two years and probably again this year. As for as your college career after the next game good bye Diana - don't think it hasn't been pleasant because it hasn't. :)

crzyjournalist03
04-04-2004, 11:10 PM
what's wrong with dynasties??? I think they're one of the key cogs to the mechanism of sports...consider the dynasties of men's sports:

New York Yankees
Dallas Cowboys
LA Lakers/Chicago Bulls
Detroit Red Wings

You either love or hate these teams...there's really no middle road...if you love the team, you follow their every move because you want to see them succeed...if you hate them, you watch their every move waiting for their demise...I think that dynasties are good for sports personally!

PhiI C
04-04-2004, 11:12 PM
Well if it is the Cowboys or Spurs it is ok. Otherwise I like different teams to win each year. :)

PhiI C
04-04-2004, 11:13 PM
What I mean is if it is not Dallas or Spurs or a team I am for then as the old econimist says: "Thou shalt not monopolize." :)

sahen
04-05-2004, 09:48 AM
yah...im still bitter about the way Baylor lost to Tennessee in the Sweet 16....i cant help but think that it should be Baylor playing UConn not Tennessee...

PhiI C
04-05-2004, 12:22 PM
I agree with you Sahen. It is a shamed the refs didn't call the game right so they would have had that shot.

18handicap
04-05-2004, 01:55 PM
I'm also VERY bitter on how LSU lost to Tennessee. Seems like when Tenn needs a call, they get it......when the other team needs a call, they don't.

Examples: Baylor -- foul called with 0.2 seconds left.
LSU -- no foul called on Tennessee in last 3 seconds.

JasperDog94
04-05-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by 18handicap
I'm also VERY bitter on how LSU lost to Tennessee. Seems like when Tenn needs a call, they get it......when the other team needs a call, they don't.

Examples: Baylor -- foul called with 0.2 seconds left.
LSU -- no foul called on Tennessee in last 3 seconds.
Makes you wonder, huh?:confused:

District303aPastPlayer
04-05-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Makes you wonder, huh?:confused:
would the nation rather see baylor or LSU vs UCONN

--or--

would everyone like to see the best 2 teams in recent history go at it again. Personally, i think that yeah the refs do give them a call or 12 when they need it. Tennessee vs UCONN is what the MAJORITY of people want to see. I personally would not doubt it if we were saying the same thing in the final seconds as Diana Taurasi wins a National Championship.

PS... in a related note, Don't the Silverstars have the first pick in the WNBA draft? and if so... i would sure as heck select and build around Diana.

JasperDog94
04-05-2004, 02:17 PM
Who care what people want to see? History is just that: History. Let the best two teams "in the tournament" play for the championship...without all the calls.

Phil C
04-05-2004, 04:27 PM
Hey District are the Silverstars in San Antonio. If so I hope so. Would they be first or do they have to flip like the NBA. If so it would be great if they had No. 1. Welcome to SA Diana! My attitude is starting to change. :)

Phil C
04-05-2004, 04:44 PM
Well so much for an attitude change. I just found out that San Antonio doesn't even have a top ten draft pick much less the No. 1 pick. I hope they didn't do something dumb in the past like trade it to Phoenix because that would be dumb. I don't know if they had the worse record last year but it wasn't good and they are not going to do much good in the draft and neither are the Houston Comments. Diana will be going to Phoenix. She could have done wonders for San Antonio. In fact I was going to try to get Sinton 66 and go up to SA and buy season tickets but this has changed my mine. No WNBA game for me. Oh well. Sorry women's sports fans but this bitter disappointment has almost made me lose interest in WNBA.

District303aPastPlayer
04-05-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Well so much for an attitude change. I just found out that San Antonio doesn't even have a top ten draft pick much less the No. 1 pick. I hope they didn't do something dumb in the past like trade it to Phoenix because that would be dumb. I don't know if they had the worse record last year but it wasn't good and they are not going to do much good in the draft and neither are the Houston Comments. Diana will be going to Phoenix. She could have done wonders for San Antonio. In fact I was going to try to get Sinton 66 and go up to SA and buy season tickets but this has changed my mine. No WNBA game for me. Oh well. Sorry women's sports fans but this bitter disappointment has almost made me lose interest in WNBA.
WOW! Phil losing interest in WNBA is really something different. I dont see why the Silverstars would not have a lottery pick. It would make sense that they do have that pic, seeing as how they are an expansion team. Hopefully the Expansion draft, if implemented, will work for them.

slpybear the bullfan
04-06-2004, 08:27 PM
Phil, say it isn't so!

You are the Women's Sports Champion.... ya gotta hang in there!

Old Tiger
04-06-2004, 09:17 PM
I hope Tennessee wins, I like their coach and her success.

PhiI C
04-06-2004, 10:59 PM
Tennessee tried but Connecticut won out in the end. Too much Diana Taurasie. Well Connecticut congratulations on your men and and women's national championship in baskeball. The women have a dynasty of three staight championships. Three sweet is sweet for them but dont' expect a four peat though. Enjoy you celebration and vandalism and destroying of property like you did last night but now it is bye bye Diana and welcome to Phoenix where you will have a few years of humble pie for a while until the WNBA can get you to LA or NY. As the Connecticut coach said the difference between his team and other teams the last four years has been that they have Diana and the other teams don't. Guess what? The four years are up and Diana won't be there next year! Happy times are coming. Oh and coach no one will feel sorry for you next year either. :)

sahen
04-06-2004, 11:59 PM
Lady Bears in 2005! Sic'em!

Phil C
04-07-2004, 08:49 AM
Bye Bye! Pack your bags and head to Phoenix and the dessert Diana. And it is ok if you let the door hit you on the way out. :)

Phil C
04-07-2004, 08:51 AM
Oh and an early request for Santa. Please don't let those pro Tennessee refs (the ones that referred Baylor vs Tenn and L.S.U. vs Tenn) officiate any games involving Big 12 teams.