PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Web Site for Concerned Parents

jason
04-04-2004, 09:27 PM
Ok Parents, Have you ever wondered how qualified a teacher at your child's school really is? I know i did when i was in high school, we had some frickin morons teachin at forney

heres a site, just type in their names and it gives you all their 'qualified or not' teaching info...its pretty neat

Qualified or Not (https://secure.sbec.state.tx.us/virtcert/virtcert.asp)

BullsFan
04-04-2004, 09:28 PM
Hey, what do you know! I'm qualified to teach! ;)

kaorder1999
04-04-2004, 09:32 PM
hehe...i laughed when i saw this site...ive been searching names for like 30 mins....all you have to have is their first and last name...has to be their real first names though

Ranger Mom
04-04-2004, 09:37 PM
Every name I have put in has come up with multiple choices. I have no clue if I am looking at one of Greenwood's teachers or not!!

BullsFan
04-04-2004, 09:39 PM
Ranger Mom, look at the areas of certification. That should tell you what subjects your teachers teach. If a teacher in Texas is not teaching in their area of certification, the NCLB act requires that a letter be sent home informing parents that their child's teacher is not "highly qualified".

JasperDog94
04-04-2004, 09:40 PM
Well what do you know...I'm qualified!:clap: :clap: :clap:

kaorder1999
04-04-2004, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Every name I have put in has come up with multiple choices. I have no clue if I am looking at one of Greenwood's teachers or not!!

yeha..some i have put in have multiple names...but a lot havent

Greenwood Teach
04-05-2004, 05:43 AM
I'm qualified too! I hope administration doesn't look too often at what I can teach. I certainly don't want any changes right now.

Phil C
04-05-2004, 09:32 AM
In college one of our best accounting professors was fired because he was unable to complete his PHD degree in three years. He was still qualified because he had his masters and was a CPA. His teaching was excellent and many students were upset that he was let go. The worse thing is they hired a qualified teacher by their standards and this person was not a good teacher and was also let go after two years. Some of the worse professors had the so-called credentials. Still it is good to have standards I guess but when you have one that is good exceptions should be made. Of course high school teachers should have degrees and be certified and qualified but that doesn't always make them a good teacher. Ironically my first grade teacher started teaching right after high school when she was 16 and she was a great. Over a period of years she got her college degree then her masters and PHD.