PDA

View Full Version : How many of you...

lepfan
04-03-2004, 09:59 PM
are having a time with your allergies? I never had any allergy problems until I moved to Texas. Ughhhhhhh:mad:

Old Green
04-03-2004, 10:18 PM
I am having a terrible time this year with allergies. I can barely talk because of this.

Old Tiger
04-04-2004, 01:14 AM
Since Spring started they've been killing me...

SintonFan
04-04-2004, 01:53 AM
Allergies and now Bronchitus. Ughh!

poncho
04-04-2004, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Allergies and now Bronchitus. Ughh!
I'm almost over bronchitus its been two weeks now.

Old Green
04-04-2004, 07:10 AM
It's been 4 weeks for me.
I'm going back to the doctor Monday. Again!

sinton66
04-04-2004, 07:26 AM
Good luck to you buddy. Fortunately, I don't have those kinds of allergies. The worst I get is a stuffed up nose. Spring is such a great season, it's a shame it has to come with all of that stuff.

lepfan
04-04-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Good luck to you buddy. Fortunately, I don't have those kinds of allergies. The worst I get is a stuffed up nose. Spring is such a great season, it's a shame it has to come with all of that stuff.

lucky you...i will be the first patient in the office Monday morning...w/o an appointment:rolleyes:

SintonFan
04-04-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by poncho
I'm almost over bronchitus its been two weeks now.
Mine was a head cold that moved into my chest a couple of weeks ago. It now is bronchitus since thursday. Yuck!
Dang Old Green, that's too long. I think I'l be joining yall in the doctor's office this week.

poncho
04-04-2004, 01:22 PM
Allergies and baby snakes, are the two things that concern me during spring. :cool:

SintonFan
04-04-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by poncho
Allergies and baby snakes, are the two things that concern me during spring. :cool:
LOL:D

BullsFan
04-04-2004, 01:49 PM
Allergies aren't a huge worry for me in the spring, although my eyes recently developed the unfortunate tendency to turn red and swollen and really nasty-looking when I have some kind of allergy.

No, it's the baby snakes that are worrying me, especially after slpybear was kind enough to tell me he'd found snakes in the tiny plant bed around my mailbox. Slpy, have I thanked you lately for sharing that with me? If I haven't, THANKS AGAIN.

Old Green
04-04-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Mine was a head cold that moved into my chest a couple of weeks ago. It now is bronchitus since thursday. Yuck!
Dang Old Green, that's too long. I think I'l be joining yall in the doctor's office this week.

Old Green
04-04-2004, 02:36 PM
That's the way mine started out .

lepfan
04-04-2004, 05:01 PM
mine has moved into my chest also...hard to cough as I just had surgery a few weeks ago...ouch!!!

Now this snake thing....i will watching my steps outside...if i even go outside:eek:

Old Green
04-04-2004, 05:15 PM
I know what you are talking about when it comes to the coughing.
Recover quickly LepFan.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
04-04-2004, 09:00 PM
Wow, I sympathize all of ya'll. I guess that I'm the lucky one, I'm not allergic to anything...anything, not even poison ivy and poison oak. I have no stuffed up nose, watery eyes, cough, nothing. I love spring. :D

BullsFan
04-04-2004, 09:16 PM
Better knock on wood when you say that, BBDE. I didn't have any allergies until I hit my late 20s--it could still happen to you.

(And don't I sound all voice-of-doomy there?? ;))

Old Tiger
04-04-2004, 09:17 PM
You are very lucky....

lepfan
04-05-2004, 09:43 PM
I made my appearance to the doctor today!!!! 1 shot and 2 prescriptions later I am a new person....I think I have this allergy attack under control! Now my hip is hurting from the shot:(

Old Green
04-05-2004, 09:59 PM
Me too:D

lepfan
04-05-2004, 11:26 PM
You better knock on wood...I was braggin to the doc about how I could wallow in poison ivy and not get any of it....3 days later I was in his office begging for a shot....I had it bad for the first time...

oops BF I did not read your post before posting mine...we were thinking alike...

Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Wow, I sympathize all of ya'll. I guess that I'm the lucky one, I'm not allergic to anything...anything, not even poison ivy and poison oak. I have no stuffed up nose, watery eyes, cough, nothing. I love spring. :D

Wildcat81
04-06-2004, 03:08 AM
All this pine pollan were I live is giving me a fit.

Greenwood Teach
04-06-2004, 04:58 AM
My allergies wouldn't be so bad if I would stay out of the yard! I have to watch out for those snakes. I have a fear of a rattlesnake deciding to warm up inside of my greenhouse. Just talking about them makes for bad dreams.

Old No. 7
04-06-2004, 06:18 AM
Do any of you take the Flu shot? For the past three years i've taken it. My allergies seem to be alot less than in the past. I used to suffer every spring but now It's not that bad. I'm convinced it is the flu shot carring me through. I wish all of you a speedy recovery.

lepfan
04-06-2004, 07:30 AM
old no. 7 that sould like something I might want to look into....I did not take the flu shot..

ej2525
04-06-2004, 08:36 AM
I can't breathe through my nose almost every morning and Flonase flat out doesn't cut it for me!! :mad:

slpybear the bullfan
04-06-2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan
No, it's the baby snakes that are worrying me, especially after slpybear was kind enough to tell me he'd found snakes in the tiny plant bed around my mailbox. Slpy, have I thanked you lately for sharing that with me? If I haven't, THANKS AGAIN.

You are soooo Welcome BullsFan. If you are ever in need of a little 5 year old to help root them out... I have just the ticket!

slpybear the bullfan
04-06-2004, 08:15 PM
No Allergies except to working... ;)

seriously, no allergies and just the occasional cold.

BullsFan
04-06-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
You are soooo Welcome BullsFan. If you are ever in need of a little 5 year old to help root them out... I have just the ticket!

Oh please--as if I'd send her in to do my dirty work.

I was hoping you'd take care of it. :D

(Actually, I'm sure Larry will take care of it for me.)

As to the flu shot, I will say this--I'm the only person in my little group at school that did NOT take the flu shot this year, and I'm the only one who did not get the flu. I know the flu shot this year was supposed to be slightly different than the actual flu that went around, but I still think there's got to be some kind of connection.

slpybear the bullfan
04-07-2004, 12:44 PM
seriously, if Larry doesn't do it, let me know. And the snakes were at my place, not yours...

(although I'll bet there are some there. BUNCHES!!!!)

*insert devious laughter here*

BullsFan
04-07-2004, 06:14 PM
seriously, if Larry doesn't do it, let me know. And the snakes were at my place, not yours...

Wait a minute--the snakes were where again? I thought you meant they were in the rocks at my current mailbox. Are you saying they weren't???

(although I'll bet there are some there. BUNCHES!!!!)

*insert devious laughter here*

You are evil.

(I'm telling Mom!!)

slpybear the bullfan
04-07-2004, 11:21 PM
The snakes we found were in the flower bed in front of my daughter's room. Then, we found a snake skin in the back... no biggie, just coach whips. Haven't seen any copperheads yet...

(although I did spot two carpetbaggers at work today... ROFL at myself!!!!!) ;)

SintonFan
04-08-2004, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by lepfan
old no. 7 that sould like something I might want to look into....I did not take the flu shot..
I had the flu shot, err, flu nasal inoculation. Many of last years flu shots were useless anyway cuz the flu virus itself mutated.

Old No. 7
04-08-2004, 12:10 PM
Maybe I'm just getting healthier in my old age. But I will take the flu shot again. I hope everyone gets feeling better soon.

BullsFan
04-08-2004, 09:14 PM
The snakes we found were in the flower bed in front of my daughter's room. Then, we found a snake skin in the back... no biggie, just coach whips. Haven't seen any copperheads yet...

(although I did spot two carpetbaggers at work today... ROFL at myself!!!!!) ;)

Baby Girl slpybear says, "That bear is SO silly and it looks just like a silly bear sleeping." (And also, "Daddy, I love you more than the whole world.")

Carpetbaggers....*snerk*

slpybear the bullfan
04-08-2004, 09:33 PM
Tell baby bear that she is loved more than any other cub in the world... ('cept the one here at the den... they tie each other in that category!)

Yeah... Carpetbaggers....