PDA

View Full Version : 1 Act Play Today!

Greenwood Teach
04-03-2004, 10:10 AM
I know that this isn't a sport, but it is a UIL activity. The Greenwood kids are on their way to Kermit as I'm typing this. They have spent many long hours working on this play. I just want to wish them "break a leg!"

eagle.eyes
04-04-2004, 03:55 AM
BH won district 22 again yesterday. I think it's 14 yrs. in a row. Hopefully a repeat at state too!

sinton66
04-04-2004, 08:44 AM
Believe it or not, I participated in One Act Play in highschool. We did a play called "Grandpa's Twin Sister" in which I played both parts. Had to wear a dress for the "sister" part. Only time in my life I've ever been in "drag". Made a pretty ugly female too.;)

Greenwood Teach
04-04-2004, 10:25 AM
Greenwood advances. Two are chosen, Greenwood and Monahans. Area competition is on Friday at Midland College.

Greenwood did "Charley's Aunt." We won Best Actor and Best Actress. Our Best Actor spent most of the play in drag. He was really great!

GoTIgers
04-04-2004, 12:33 PM
Rice and Wharton advance to Wimberley........ Hard work really does pays off.

Thanks Mrs. "T"

Congrads Rice Great One-Act

PhiI C
04-04-2004, 11:10 PM
Sinton also advanced and will be in Bishop this week. The play was As You Like It by William Shakespeare. The main character (Rosalind) was played by our all state volleyball player Sarah Harrison who was the star of our volleyball team that was only stopped by the future state champions. She does a great job in this play. She will be hopefully playing volleyball and in more plays in college in North Carolina. I wish she could have got a scholarship in Texas.

LHMom
04-06-2004, 09:18 PM
LH did not advance, but I'm going to brag about my son. He is a senior, but it was his first year in Theatre Arts. He made all-district Thespian in our district competition last week. Football players can be great actors, too!