PDA

View Full Version : Baseball - Softball Scores April 2

PhiI C
04-02-2004, 11:15 PM
The Sinton Lady Pirates defeated the Ingleside Lady Mustangs 5 to 4 in district 30 AAA softball. It started at 6 so they were able to finish the game.
In Baseball after three innings the Sinton Pirates were tied with the Ingleside Mustangs 2 to 2. Due to thunderstorms the game was postponed to be finished tomorrow (Saturaday) in Sinton at 1:00 P.M.
Several games in the Coastal Bend were postponed due to thunder storms.

18handicap
04-02-2004, 11:39 PM
28-AAA

Wharton @ Sweeny -- postponed to Monday at 5:30
Needville @ Rice Cons -- postponed to Monday at 4:00
Palacios @ Edna -- no report

sinton66
04-03-2004, 07:53 AM
Please come back on after the game and give us an update, Phil.

Vrabird
04-03-2004, 08:43 AM
Seen where West Oso and Aransas Pass were tied and postponed last night also. West Oso has surprised some teams this year after playing Sinton to open District. The Mathis game in particular. They beat Mathis 10-0. Don't know what happened, but Mathis was supposed to be a contender. Have to go to a Junior high district track meet today, so keep us posted Phil.

swampdude
04-03-2004, 08:43 AM
Baseball

Bridge City -10 Anahuac -1

Orangefield -8 Hardin -2

Hanshire-Fannet -11 Kountze -0 (6)

Hardin-Jefferson -12 Buna -5

Softball

Bridge City -5 Orangefield -1

3afan
04-03-2004, 09:34 AM
forney 8, crandall 0 (softball)

[ my game was Sachse 4, Frisco Centennial 2 ]

District303aPastPlayer
04-03-2004, 10:05 AM
im going to go out on a limb, and predict west oso gets into the playoffs with their current pace.

PhiI C
04-03-2004, 12:18 PM
The weather is beautiful today and hopefully it will continue at least long enough to get through the game this afternoon. I will post the final score unless someone else beats me to it which is ok since we want to get information to folks as soon as possible.

VWG
04-03-2004, 01:51 PM
Vernon 5 Graham 4

Lions get first district win.

PhiI C
04-03-2004, 02:42 PM
Well the Sinton vs Ingleside baseball game wasn't at 1 as announced last night. I don't know if it is to be played later today or another day or maybe even played earlier. I will post when I find out or if someone else knows hopefully they will post.

JRabbit_Fan
04-03-2004, 04:32 PM
Forney 27 Wilmer-Hutchins 0 (Baseball)

4th straight no-hitter for the Jackrabbit pitching staff.

PhiI C
04-03-2004, 06:30 PM
The Sinton vs Ingleside baseball game was not played today after all and is scheduled to be in Sinton on Monday at 7:00 P.M. and will start the fourth inning tied t 2 to 2.

JasperDog94
04-03-2004, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by JRabbit_Fan
Forney 27 Wilmer-Hutchins 0 (Baseball)

4th straight no-hitter for the Jackrabbit pitching staff.

Are these different pitchers? If so, that's really impressive.

JRabbit_Fan
04-03-2004, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Are these different pitchers? If so, that's really impressive.

There were 3 different pitchers. Chance Corgan threw 2 of them.

Z motion 10 out on 2
04-04-2004, 12:27 AM
Man that win has been a long time coming! Graham has just dominated the entire district this year in almost every sport. I was very glad to see Vernon throw the monkey off their back yesterday. Too bad the game was full of errors -- on both sides. But a win is a win and now Bubba_Chuck can stop all the mouthing. I doubt that he will stop but maybe at least slow down a little since Vernon's seniors did beat Graham's. :)

Vernon 5 - Graham 4

VWG
04-04-2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
Man that win has been a long time coming! Graham has just dominated the entire district this year in almost every sport. I was very glad to see Vernon throw the monkey off their back yesterday. Too bad the game was full of errors -- on both sides. But a win is a win and now Bubba_Chuck can stop all the mouthing. I doubt that he will stop but maybe at least slow down a little since Vernon's seniors did beat Graham's. :)

Vernon 5 - Graham 4

Amen brother! But look out at what you ask for. Bubba might come back hard if the Steers win district title.
Anybody got any updates on Region I baseball?
What is happening in Snyder and Sweetwater's district?
How is Abilene Wylie doing?
I know Lubbock Cooper and Lake Dallas are locks for their district titles, or at least it appears that way early on.

18handicap
04-04-2004, 12:59 PM
Snyder baseball and softball are both undefeated in district.

Old Green
04-04-2004, 02:42 PM
Cuero lost to Gonzales 7-5, but Our Jv played the district game in place of the Varsity.

Scheduling conflicts between the teams about playing earlier instead of 5:00pm. Varsity members elected to go the junior - senior prom instead of playing the game.:(

PhiI C
04-04-2004, 03:34 PM
Holy Chiwawa!

VWG
04-04-2004, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
Cuero lost to Gonzales 7-5, but Our Jv played the district game in place of the Varsity.

Scheduling conflicts between the teams about playing earlier instead of 5:00pm. Varsity members elected to go the junior - senior prom instead of playing the game.:(

What the heck was the coach thinking on this one?
Sounds as if Cuero doesn't give a rat's behind about their baseball program.

Old Green
04-04-2004, 05:06 PM
It's all good. He knows what he was doing.
The opposing team refused to reschedule to 2:30PM.

The JV made up of Freshman and Sophomores held there own for the Majority of the game against the Apaches ace pither Josh Gray with a 3-0 lead. Just couldn't hold them off.

It was good experience for the JV. It was only there second loss of the year. 18-2 record .:)

Watch out next year. These guys are good!

Z motion 10 out on 2
04-04-2004, 05:18 PM
VWG:

After basketball, I think I have heard Bubba at his loudest. I can't even imagine it being worse than that. The Steers have a good team, but their errors killed them in this one. Simple overthrows on base runners.

They had a hard time with Vernon's curveball. I say a hard time because they only got two good hits into the outfield. Everything else was played in the infield. The Steers did a very good job on the Vernon base runners picking off 2 that tried to steal. The catcher did a very good job. But he also lost a few that were wild behind the plate that allowed Vernon to get some runs in. He also ran his mouth after the game by the way--of course that happens in everysport.

Overall it was an ugly game for both teams with lots of errors. I would say that Vernon pitching was pretty solid but fielding was not. Vernon did turn a nice double play though. But they fumbled the ball several occassions and didn't get the throw off in time.

Graham's hitting was off that day but their fielding was on. They just had problems with the throws. Was a good game to watch because Graham started to raly in the 7th. Very exciting finish as the tying run was on 2nd.

I'm ready to see Iowa Park which hasn't lost a district game yet. We play them Tuesday and I think I'll make that trip. That game is a must win for Vernon to get back into the playoff run.

Looks to be an interesting race for the playoffs. IP and Graham have the early inside track. Who will be the other team to make it? Bowie, Breckenridge or Vernon?

For Vernon to have a chance they need wins against IP and Childress this next week to even things out. An IP win over Graham would help Vernon and they need some upsets by Childress, but not over themselves!

18handicap
04-04-2004, 07:34 PM
I heard that the Gonzales / Cuero game was supposed to be in the morning so Cuero could go to the prom, but the sprinkers were turned on during the night and left on..........

VWG
04-04-2004, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
It's all good. He knows what he was doing.
The opposing team refused to reschedule to 2:30PM.

The JV made up of Freshman and Sophomores held there own for the Majority of the game against the Apaches ace pither Josh Gray with a 3-0 lead. Just couldn't hold them off.

It was good experience for the JV. It was only there second loss of the year. 18-2 record .:)

Watch out next year. These guys are good!

OK, I can see the coach trying to reschedule. Was this a dist. game though????
Did this count in the standings?

Old Green
04-04-2004, 08:39 PM
Yeah it was a district game. Teams are tied now 2-1.

Chopblock
04-05-2004, 11:48 PM
Elgin 15 Giddings 0

SINTON81
04-06-2004, 08:38 AM
Does anyone know if the Sinton-Ingleside game was concluded last night or not? I'm trying to fond out the score.

Phil C
04-06-2004, 08:44 AM
Sinton 81 it wasn't concluded. They were going to play Saturday at 1:00 but decided to try again on Monday night because the field was too wet. Then of course it rained yesterday so it has been moved to Wednesday night. With the way the weather is going they probably won't get to have the game with Mathis and probably will be too wet tomorrow night leaving us with two make up games instead of one. I know they were going to start the Ingleside game in the fourth inning with the 2 to 2 score. But rain has postponed it.