PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Back To The Board Bullsfan!!!

slpybear the bullfan
03-31-2004, 08:55 PM
...I am really glad to have you back! Long time no see!!!

Next time you are over I will fill you in on all the things that have been going on...

I wouldn't bother with the Presidential topic... lots of "calm, understanding" folks there like some of the boards you frequent...

Glad to see ya!

BullsFan
03-31-2004, 09:11 PM
Thanks, slpy! It's nice to be back...

I'm glad to see this board, at least, didn't deteriorate into a shouting match like the other board I frequent. There I was told that Bush was like Hitler and I was like a racist for supporting him. I'm thinking I may feel more comfortable in the political discussions taking place on this board.

Is it football season yet??

slpybear the bullfan
04-01-2004, 12:09 AM
Nope, but if you come over you can watch my new DVD copy of the 1992 NFC Championship game... (Cowboys at 49ers... AWESOME GAME!!!)

SintonFan
04-01-2004, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by BullsFan
Thanks, slpy! It's nice to be back...

I'm glad to see this board, at least, didn't deteriorate into a shouting match like the other board I frequent. There I was told that Bush was like Hitler and I was like a racist for supporting him. I'm thinking I may feel more comfortable in the political discussions taking place on this board.

Is it football season yet??
Glad to have you back BullsFan. Why would you ever go to another board?:D

this is the way we ball
04-01-2004, 07:57 AM

JasperDog94
04-01-2004, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Nope, but if you come over you can watch my new DVD copy of the 1992 NFC Championship game... (Cowboys at 49ers... AWESOME GAME!!!)
Ahhh...those were the days...:)

slpybear the bullfan
04-01-2004, 01:25 PM
I think that might be my favorite game of the Aikman era...

BullsFan
04-01-2004, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Glad to have you back BullsFan. Why would you ever go to another board?:D

Looking back, I can't think of a single good reason. :)

Hey, slpy, I'm heading over to your house right now! Cause 'yes, that was definitely my favorite game. That comes real close to my favorite football game ever.

(Favorite ever had to be Bridgeport/Springtown, last regular game of the season in, oh, 1994, maybe?, winner goes on to district--and for the first time in umpteen years, Bridgeport went to the playoffs.)

slpybear the bullfan
04-01-2004, 07:49 PM
Yeah, that was also a classic. My favorite game is the 2001 Bulls vs. Kennedale Region Championship. What an awesome game.

3afan2K3
04-01-2004, 08:07 PM
Bullsfan did I meet you at TX Stadium?

sinton66
04-01-2004, 09:07 PM
No, you didn't. She didn't make it to the tailgater. Neither did Slpybear.

Let me add my welcome back to the board, Bullsfan. We've missed you. ;)

slpybear the bullfan
04-01-2004, 10:07 PM
No, neither myself or BullsFan were able to make that... But I hope we can this year.

3afan2K3
04-01-2004, 10:10 PM
Welcome Back Bullsfan

who did we meet the knew slpy bear?

slpybear the bullfan
04-01-2004, 10:26 PM
Probably GreenBull. We work together at the same company.

3afan2K3
04-01-2004, 10:30 PM
Probably GreenBull. We work together at the same company.
That might of been him. He drove a white car, and brought beans.

sinton66
04-01-2004, 10:31 PM
Yep, that's the one. He's the guy that brought the beans 2k3.

3afan2K3
04-01-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Yep, that's the one. He's the guy that brought the beans 2k3.
LOL, thats what I am gonna know him by now...... Greenbean

BullsFan
04-01-2004, 10:34 PM
Dangit--I missed a tailgater?

I've definitely been away too long. ;)

3afan2K3
04-01-2004, 10:42 PM
Dangit--I missed a tailgater?

I've definitely been away too long. ;)
check these out

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9598

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6058

and I KNOW someone posted a list of all who came, but I can't find it. Maybe sinton66 has the list lying around somewhere.

BullsFan
04-01-2004, 10:48 PM
That sounds like a lot of fun! Next time, assuming that slpy isn't out of town again, I'd really like to do this....

Hey, where's PPHSfan? I haven't seen him around...

slpybear the bullfan
04-01-2004, 10:50 PM
LOOOONNNNGGGG story! Hollar at me on Saturday or Sunday and I will try and explain.

BullsFan
04-01-2004, 10:51 PM
LOOOONNNNGGGG story! Hollar at me on Saturday or Sunday and I will try and explain.

That's two stories you owe me now.

Ranger Mom
04-01-2004, 11:19 PM
Here is the post that 66 posted after the tailgater!

Thanks to all the Downlowers that came to the tailgater. I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did. In the order they signed the guest book, in attendance were:
DogDoc
3afan2k3
Bulldogvet85
BulldogGrl64
Bearcat1
Jacket2000
RangerMom
eye of the tiger
Bellville22
Greenbull
therealbulldogs
and myself.

Also stopping by was 3afan. At the 3A title game, we were joined by PPHSfan. We ate some sausage wraps, and had a nice meet during the day. We actually shut down a little early, because as soon as the sun dropped, so did the temperature. We went on inside and watched the second half of the 5A game, and then the 3A Championship.

And, slpybear, we really missed you. Would have loved to meet you, but maybe next time.

Greenbull
04-01-2004, 11:27 PM
Greenbull is still alive and well out toward Wizard Wells. Funny that I find my way on here tonight and actually see people talking about "da Bulls".

I'm kind of like a poppin' cork down on the Texas Coast...you never know when I'll break the surface. And now with another name like "Greanbean", I'll have to get on here more often...and just when I thought I had gotten rid of being compared to "Tater Salad".

OH YEAH, does anyone have a REALLY good idea for financing a college education...short of robbing a bank or donating a major organ? My son's Cadillac tastes and my stickhorse pocket book don't quite match up.

Ranger Mom
04-01-2004, 11:29 PM
Hey Greenbull!!!

Were you able to find your way to the new board all right??

There was some question earlier of people not able to get here with the old link!

Greenbull
04-01-2004, 11:33 PM
I had no problem with the link....It just took a couple of e-mail responses to get a new password.

Ranger Mom
04-01-2004, 11:36 PM
Greenbull,

I was telling Slpybear earlier that we had a Greenwood family move to Paradise and their daughter (freshman) is going to school in Bridgeport. She is one heck of an athlete!

Greenbull
04-01-2004, 11:40 PM
Have you got a family name and what sports does she play? I'll start watching the local paper for write-ups.

Ranger Mom
04-01-2004, 11:42 PM
Check your PM's (you can also set your pm's up on this board to get a pop-up when you go to the board letting you know you have one). I hate to put their name on the board without their permission. Give me about 2 minutes then check them!!

BullsFan
04-02-2004, 08:10 AM
Ranger Mom, do they only have the one child? I teach in Bridgeport, but at a younger level than high school.

sinton66
04-02-2004, 08:23 AM
BullsFan, I have two teachers in my family also. My daughter teaches Science at Smith Jr.High in Sinton, and my wife teaches BCIS at High School.

On the subject of the tailgater, we're thinking of doing it again this year. This time though, I'd like to do it much earlier so it won't be so cold. I've been thinking about suggesting we do it in Austin during the State Baseball Tournament. June definitely shouldn't be cold.

Ranger Mom
04-02-2004, 10:06 AM
Ranger Mom, do they only have the one child? I teach in Bridgeport, but at a younger level than high school.

Actually, they also have a son, but he graduated last year.

She is the only child left at home!!

BullsFan
04-03-2004, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
BullsFan, I have two teachers in my family also. My daughter teaches Science at Smith Jr.High in Sinton, and my wife teaches BCIS at High School.

What's BCIS?

Your daughter is a brave, brave woman. Going to middle school myself was horrific enough that I wouldn't teach there for a million dollars.

Okay, for a million I'd do it. But it'd take at least that much. ;)

On the subject of the tailgater, we're thinking of doing it again this year. This time though, I'd like to do it much earlier so it won't be so cold. I've been thinking about suggesting we do it in Austin during the State Baseball Tournament. June definitely shouldn't be cold.

I teach summer school during June, drat the luck. (And honestly, I'm just not that into baseball. Football is my sport of choice.**) But June would definitely be a much more pleasant month! When exactly does the Tournament take place?

Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Actually, they also have a son, but he graduated last year.

She is the only child left at home!!

Well, I'll certainly keep both fingers crossed that she'll do spectacularly well this year! We need all the good athletes we can get! :)

**Having attended my first NASCAR event tonight, I may have found a new sport to love. Not as much as football, of course, but that was pretty darn cool.

Ranger Mom
04-03-2004, 12:37 AM
Well, I'll certainly keep both fingers crossed that she'll do spectacularly well this year! We need all the good athletes we can get!

Greenbull found an article in the paper about her, evidently she is doing a bang up job on the JV (I guess it's JV) softball team!!

BullsFan
04-03-2004, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Greenbull found an article in the paper about her, evidently she is doing a bang up job on the JV (I guess it's JV) softball team!!

Here's where I have to admit I don't even read the local paper regularly. Was it recently, or did he say?

Ranger Mom
04-03-2004, 12:46 AM
I talked to him last night and he went and read the paper and got back to me, so I figured it must fairly recently!!!

BullsFan
04-03-2004, 12:47 AM
Cool! I'll definitely check that out so I know who I'm especially rooting for. :)

sinton66
04-03-2004, 06:15 AM
BCIS is Basic Computer Information Systems. It's a vocational program.

The state tourney is in the first part of June, but I'm not locked into that. We could do it towards the end of the summer too. Maybe about the time two a days start up or something.

sinton66
04-03-2004, 09:02 AM
Hee hee, maybe we could do Tortilla Burgers this time.;) Might even get ole sinfan75 out for that.:D

slpybear the bullfan
04-03-2004, 12:02 PM
Ahhh yes... the infamous Tortilla burger...

Gotta have one sometime...