PDA

View Full Version : Bellville 6, Navasota 3

Bellville22
03-31-2004, 12:42 AM
It took 8 innings, but the Brahmas finally got the win tonight in Navasota. Very frustrating night for the Bulls. I thought Bellville was clearly the better team, but clutch hitting was no where to be found tonight. The Brahmas left 12-15 runners on base, once loading the bases with 0 out and plating no one.

Andy Meadows started for Bellville, and didn't allow a hit through 5 innings. Luetge then came in after 2 walks. Navasota scratched and clawed and plated 3 runs in the bottom of the 6th to tie the game at 3. Finally, in the top of the 8th, Bellville loaded the bases, and the go-ahead run was walked home. Bellville added two insurance runs to take a 6-3 lead. Luetge walked the first two batters of the bottom of the 8th. Buenger then came in and shut the door, striking out the side on 10 pitches.

Just one of those nights for the Brahmas tonight. They were the better team, but when you leave runners on and allow a hungry team to stick around, you end up in a nail-biter. But they'll gladly take the win and head for home.

Next game: Sat. 12:00, vs. Stafford, in Bellville

BrahmaMom
03-31-2004, 07:38 AM
Sounds like Meadows held down the fort on the pitching end--five hitless innings-- wow, glad to hear Jess was able to throw some in the clutch. Who got hits for the Brahmas? This is so frustrating--I want to be there, though maybe not last night. And Friday night's results will have to be read on the board, too. This leaving runners stranded needs to stop--now. Thank goodness we won. A win is a win, no matter how ugly. Congrats, Brahmas, don't stop now!

BrahmaMom
03-31-2004, 07:40 AM
Oops, just read the very bottom of your post, we play Saturday. Great, I should be able to cheer the Brahmas on! Go Bulls!!!!

KL3
03-31-2004, 01:16 PM
Last nights boxscore from brazossports.com :

Bellville 002 010 03 — 6 9 2
Navasota 000 003 00 — 3 2 1

Leading hitters for Bellville were Jess Buenger (2-4) and Colin Wernecke (2-3).

Records:
Bellville 11-5 (2-0)
Navasota 15-3 (1-1)

Bull's-eye
03-31-2004, 01:53 PM
Great win for the Brahmas! Navasota pitchers were in trouble all night long. Bellville just couldn't get the key hit to break this game wide open. Curious to see how many runners were left on base? A short back-stop behind home plate, prevented a run or two. Runners on third base couldn't score, as they usually would, on a pass ball or wild pitch.
Bellville's "Red Mustache" was getting a little ribbing from the home-town crowd (all in good fun). He was very happy to see Buenger strike out the side. Navasota will definately hear from him today.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-31-2004, 02:39 PM
Way to go Bellville!
It,s good to see Jess on the mound, but why didnt he pitch when Bellville had the chance to beat La Grange, and give them there only loss of the season? Bellville had them 7-4 in the bottom of the 7th, all Bellville needed was 3 outs, put Jess in and get the win? Somebody tell me why he could pitch aginst Brenham, and Navasota, But could not pitch to shut the door on La Grange?
Maybe he was hurt during the La Grange game? But he looked mighty good in Navasota last night. With the help of Jess on the mound Bellville could make a long play-off run!!!!

BrahmaMom
03-31-2004, 06:15 PM
FBB: I agree with you. I hope Jess can pitch more as the season goes on. I think we'll need him, along with all our hitters, to go deep in the play-offs. Werneke is underrated, I think. He produces at the plate as well as behind it, that's one we don't want injured. Wish I was in Navasota today to hear our "Buddy" with the Red Mustache taking it to the Rattlers!!!

Brahma73
04-02-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Somebody tell me why he could pitch aginst Brenham, and Navasota, But could not pitch to shut the door on La Grange?

I can only speculate here, but if I know Coach Cerny, he realizes that predistrict games really don't mean anything in the big scheme of things. There's no reason to get hung up in the who-beat-who rhetoric in warm-up games. These games are for teaching and grooming. It is important that we expose as many players - including pitchers - to pressure situations. Then in district and in the play-offs, there just might be that extra bit of confidence in all the team members. Rest assured that from here on out, JB will be called in when the situation warrants. Once we win district or at least make the play-offs, our season record will mean absolutely nothing. At that point, all we have to do is win our last game.

BrahmaMom
04-02-2004, 10:12 PM
I'm sure you're right, 73. I just get so excited, I get ahead of myself. I should know Cerny's patterns by now, shouldn't I? Hope the rain clears up for tomorrow. Go Bulls!