PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday night SE TX Baseball & Softball Scores

Old Cardinal
03-30-2004, 11:02 PM
21-3A Baseball--Bridge City 3 Buna 0 Sophomore Kevin Angelle struck out SEVENTEEN and stayed in good control. BC has 4 left-handers and 3 right- handers that keep then undefeated in District. Buna always does well coming up that weaker Bracket route in Region III each year. They again have a very competitive team.

Girls: Bridge City 6 Hamshire-Fannett 3 a good ballgame, look for H-F to go several rounds deep in the playoffs, they have a very disciplined team! Wallace, Lapelyorie, Hebert, Lemoine, Faulk, Simonton were timely at the plate tonight for BC. Camille, Smith, Gibbs eached pitched some for H-F; as Coach Shorty attempted to keep BCs offense off balance with pitching changes. No one in Regions III had better take H-F lightly in the playoffs they can take a lot of the District Champs this year!

Anahuac 11 Buna 9-- Coach Marci Anderson has brought a total rebuilding team a long way this season but they lost a heart-breaker to the Panthers...Look for Buna to be much stronger next year as this team matures.

Dulce04
03-30-2004, 11:32 PM
Caldwell 5 Troy 1... Caldwell had 12 hits and Brandi Crnkovic had 12 k's.

18handicap
03-30-2004, 11:48 PM
28-AAA

Rice Cons 3, Edna 1 (Rice's 1st district win in 2 years)
Wharton 11, Palacios 0
Needville 6, Sweeny 3

RBARKER
03-31-2004, 08:26 AM
Boys
Barbers Hill 8 Coldsprings 12. BH is not looking good at all here is the write up from the eagle sports report.

What usually happens when a team makes 6 errors in a game? Or gives up 9 walks? Or hits 3 batters? Well in this case the Eagles suffered a 12-8 loss to the visiting Coldspring Trojans. The Eagles just couldn't seem to get things going after forging a 6-6 tie. BH continued to make mistake after mistake as they surrendered the final 4 runs on just 2 base hits. The Trojans starting pitcher struggled early but held the Eagles in check after the second inning as he pitched a complete game for the Trojans.

Barbers Hill dropped to 3-2 in district play and 12-3 on the year. Coldspring upped their record to 3-2 and 7-8.

Old Cardinal
03-31-2004, 10:31 AM
District 22-2A Softball Warren upset #5 rated Deweyville(2-1) in softball. That is a tough little District- Deweyville, West Hardin, East Chambers and Warren can play with anyone their size.

District 21-3A Softball--Hardin 17 Hardin-Jefferson 3 Look for Hardin to challenge for the State Championship in 2A next year when they drop down from 3A! Balch and Sims were both 3-4.

4A softball games of interest: PN-G 15 Ozen 0-- The Indians pitched their #2 Pitcher Megan Murphy and she was up to the task.....LC-M 3 Vidor 2; Nederland 7 WO-S 2

Baseball:
21-3A H-F 13 Hardin 3
20-3A PN-G 5 WO-S 1
20-3A LC-M 1 Ozen O

SOME ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: I saw H-F hold BC to just 10 hits last night in softball, had it not been for Meagan Godwins 13 K's it would have been a closer game. H-F will beat any team that gets less than 10 K's on them.

Baseball: Bridge City fans have felt for two years now that Broc Haymon, now a Sophomore, was definately a Division I baseball pitching prospect. Well Broc is out for 2 weeks with a minor injury and Kevin Angelle another Sophomore now with a 6-0 record thusfar this year just pitched two BACK-TO-BACK SEVENTEEN STRIKE OUT games. Buna is one of the better programs down in this area of the state. Angelle is now averaging 2.1 K's per inning over 6 games. These two 6' 1"or 2" young gangly youth are going to be something in 3A ball as the years go by. BC has 5 other good older pitchers that Sam Moore also trained. I feel kind of sorry for new Coach Billy Bryant, he has to be thinking each week"Just who do I pitch this time!" If I were the Coach, I would pitch all seven of them one inning each on a rotation at least till the District crown is secured and it is time for the playoffs. I can't understand why BC is ranked way down at #9 on the Texas Prep Xtra poll?

Chopblock
03-31-2004, 02:43 PM
Elgin 6 Manor 0

K Garnett 12 k's