PDA

View Full Version : Any early predictions in mind for the 2004 football season? (teams to watch)

SP-2-state
03-30-2004, 10:28 PM
Watch out for Region IV again this year.

pirate4state
03-31-2004, 10:38 AM
Sinton will be tough again this year! With Burnet in 4A, the race for the Region IV title will be interesting & fun to watch! :D I can't wait!! :clap:

Matthew328
03-31-2004, 08:00 PM
Watch out for Carrollton Ranchview....I am hearing they have 11 yes 11 potential D-1 recruits.....

BullsFan
03-31-2004, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Watch out for Carrollton Ranchview....I am hearing they have 11 yes 11 potential D-1 recruits.....

Well....there's news I didn't particularly want to hear... ;)

slpybear the bullfan
03-31-2004, 08:59 PM

Matthew, I hope they all play on one side of the ball... ;)

...yeah, I don't know what to think about the whole Carrollton Ranchview thing. I don't figure they will be in 3A more than one realignment cycle, but the two years they are here will be tough... ugh.

I bet that they have the highest enrollment in 3A in 2005-2006.

Does anyone have ANY info about them?

Ray_BearKat
03-31-2004, 09:14 PM
I bet they have a large 4A enrollment by 2005-2006...they are 3A with only 2 grades just imagine when they get all 4 grades in there final year as a 3A school.

slpybear the bullfan
04-01-2004, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Ray_BearKat
I bet they have a large 4A enrollment by 2005-2006...they are 3A with only 2 grades just imagine when they get all 4 grades in there final year as a 3A school.

yeah, that what I think Ray... I sure wish they only played JV ball next year.

Gasilla
04-01-2004, 12:32 AM
New schools typically take a few years to find their identity. DI recruits or not, I wouldn't look for a lot of spectacular things out of a new school. Just my opinion.

this is the way we ball
04-01-2004, 08:01 AM
I know basketball was invented by the devil, but Ranchviews J.V. basketball team wasn't anything special. I didn't see any D1 players out there, but that's basketball. Football is a different story.

Matthew328
04-01-2004, 12:53 PM
true, sometimes it can take new schools a while to find their identity but recently new schools have found success quickly....Mansfield Summitt, Killeen Harker Heights and Richmond Foster to name a few...Carrollton Ranchview has been open for a year now and was 9-1 last year playing 5A JV's and private school varsity squads....so they should have a little chemistry....they are located in a booming area of Irving (yes Irving but in Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD) near Valley Ranch so good move ins are a possibilty as well...plus the fact that they are gonna be playing 3A helps them out a lot as well...no offense to Bridgeport, Decatur, Castleberry, Little Elm and Lake Worth.....but I'd rather have that district than play RL Turner, Creekview, Newman Smith, Lewisville, etc. I am not sure how true the 11 D-1 players is.....I figured Ranchview would have good athletes and be a player quickly though

sahen
04-01-2004, 02:44 PM
watch out for the Baylor Bears...if they can get aligned into a weak district we have a chance to go to the playoffs....oh wait...nm i forgot we r college and have to play the college boys in the big 12....::sigh::....

slpybear the bullfan
04-01-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by sahen
watch out for the Baylor Bears...if they can get aligned into a weak district we have a chance to go to the playoffs....oh wait...nm i forgot we r college and have to play the college boys in the big 12....::sigh::....

Too funny...

jason
04-01-2004, 07:41 PM
true, sometimes it can take new schools a while to find their identity but recently new schools have found success quickly....Mansfield Summitt, Killeen Harker Heights and Richmond Foster to name a few...Carrollton Ranchview has been open for a year now and was 9-1 last year playing 5A JV's and private school varsity squads....so they should have a little chemistry....they are located in a booming area of Irving (yes Irving but in Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD) near Valley Ranch so good move ins are a possibilty as well...plus the fact that they are gonna be playing 3A helps them out a lot as well...no offense to Bridgeport, Decatur, Castleberry, Little Elm and Lake Worth.....but I'd rather have that district than play RL Turner, Creekview, Newman Smith, Lewisville, etc. I am not sure how true the 11 D-1 players is.....I figured Ranchview would have good athletes and be a player quickly though hey its just Harker Heights, not Killeen Harker Heights...two cities, two school districts...:D

jason
04-01-2004, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Ray_BearKat
I bet they have a large 4A enrollment by 2005-2006...they are 3A with only 2 grades just imagine when they get all 4 grades in there final year as a 3A school. yall afraid of a little competition??

Keith7
04-01-2004, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by SP-2-state
Watch out for Region IV again this year.

why watch out for region IV again??? region II won state

Old Tiger
04-01-2004, 08:44 PM
I think Rockdale will be good.