PDA

View Full Version : Forney 16 Whitehouse 0

JRabbit_Fan
03-28-2004, 12:30 PM
Forney no-hit Whitehouse 16-0 on Saturday in a non-district game.

From the Tyler Telegraph:

FORNEY CRUSHES WILDCATS

By: MICKEY SMITH, Sports Correspondent March 27, 2004

WHITEHOUSE - The Forney battery of right-hander Chance Corgan and catcher Tyler Johnson were all the Jackrabbits needed at Wildcat Park on Saturday afternoon.

The two teamed up for a no-hit shutout and accounted for 12 of the Jackrabbits' 16 runs in a 16-0 win over Whitehouse.

The duo combined for four home runs, added seven RBIs and scored three runs each to hand the Wildcats their first setback after six straight wins.

Seven Forney extra-base hits highlighted the Jackrabbits' offensive, as Corgan plated the second run in the opening inning with an RBI double to score Jason Beene, who had singled in the first run of the game with a base hit. Brandon Hewitt's single scored Corgan before Johnson added the final run in the top of the first inning as he scored before a rundown closed out the inning.

Forney, ranked No. 1 in Class 3A, tacked on four runs in the second as Beene doubled to score Andrew Wright and Kelly Flanery. Hewitt picked up his second RBI with a double to bring in Beene for a comfortable 8-0 cushion.

Corgan led off the fourth and fifth innings with solo blasts to center field and each time was followed up three batters later each time with Johnson clouting home runs with one runner on base.

Bryan Norris was the lone Wildcat baseruner of the day as he reached on the only walk surrendered by Corgan. The Forney fireballer struck out six Wildcats to pick up the win as only one ball was hit to the Jackrabbit outfield.

Beene, Corgan and Hewitt went 3-for-4 at the plate while Johnson and Preston King added two hits each for Forney (13-5).

Clayton Alexander took the loss on the mound for the Wildcats before giving way to Norris in the fourth inning after Johnson's first home run.

The Jackrabbits will put their undefeated district record on the line as they host Kaufman on Tuesday. The Wildcats (11-7-1) will open District 14-4A play on the road against Athens on Tuesday.

Forney 16, Whitehouse 0

Forney 440 53 - 16 16 0

Whitehouse 000 00 - 0 0 2

Chance Corgan and Tyler Johnson; Clayton Alexander, Bryan Norris (4) and Josh Eisenberg. W - Corgan. L - Alexander. 2B - F: Corgan, Jason Beene, Brandon Hewitt. HR - Corgan 2, (solo, fourth; solo, fifth), Johnson 2, (one on, fourth; one on fifth). SAC - F: Andrew Wright. W: none. SB - F: Preston King W: Norris.

RECORDS - Forney 13-5; Whitehouse, 11-7-1.

NEXT UP - Kaufman at Forney, 7 p.m. Tuesday; Whitehouse at Athens, 7 p.m. Tuesday.

Tyler Telegraph

kaorder1999
03-28-2004, 06:40 PM
nice....

vfunk
03-28-2004, 09:33 PM
I would say maybe this is the year, but we all know it isnt...haha. Not that I dont want it to be, Ive just been to too many state tournaments and state finals to get hyped up over how well they are playing.

District303aPastPlayer
03-28-2004, 11:55 PM
they played who?

ive never even heard of this team forney beat... are they even a 3a school? and if this is a last place district team... nothing worth braggin over... sorry, just my 2 cents

kaorder1999
03-29-2004, 12:02 AM
actually...whitehouse is a 4A school in district 14-4a...will prolly be a 4a playoff team....

Buccaneer
03-29-2004, 01:13 PM
Sounds like a powerhouse !

Rabbit'93
03-29-2004, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
they played who?

ive never even heard of this team forney beat... are they even a 3a school? and if this is a last place district team... nothing worth braggin over... sorry, just my 2 cents

Who was "braggin"?

kaorder1999
03-29-2004, 02:56 PM
I agree...who was braggin'? I think it was just a post of a newspaper article!