PDA

View Full Version : Texas Women Lose to LSU in NCAA College Basketball

PhiI C
03-27-2004, 10:55 PM
by the score of 71 to 55. A disappointing and surprising lose since they just barely lost to Connecticut last year by two points. Oh well. Maybe next year. They have all their players back but for one senior but I thought that last year and looked what happened this year. Still maybe so.

18handicap
03-27-2004, 11:10 PM
GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!

sahen
03-28-2004, 03:41 AM
Lady Bears r the last Big 12 team left in the women's tourney...Hopefully we can pull of the upset against Tennessee...We'll c tomorrow....Sic'em Bears!

PhiI C
03-28-2004, 09:37 AM
I hope Baylor can pull it off but I don't know. It is kind of a shame if they can't after all that bragging ESPN did on the Big 12 being a top basketball conference and we can't even get a team in the final 8. Of course if LSU can pull it off and win it all it will make us look good but I am afraid we are going to have to put up with Connecticut or Tennessee winning it again.

Old Tiger
03-28-2004, 10:23 AM
Dang Bayou Bengals

Ray_BearKat
03-28-2004, 11:45 AM
I love UT but there motto should really change to "Maybe Next" I hear that every year in almost every sport.

PhiI C
03-28-2004, 01:07 PM
Holy Chiwawa!

PhiI C
03-28-2004, 01:08 PM
Just Wait Until Next Year! :)

Phil C
03-29-2004, 10:15 AM
Actually with all due respect to Ray I disagree about maybe next year term in all sports (or at least as far as I am concerned). When Ford announced that he was going to the NBA last year I didn't think Texas would do near as good as the Men's basketball team did this year. I don't expect them to do as good next year since they are losing some good players.
Women's basketball this year may be justified in saying next year because they are only losing one starter and had a good bench. If they can get one good recruit or junior college transfer it could make a difference. But even then with the players returning they still ought to be good. Baylor should be good next year too.
In the Texas women's softball I didn't say next year because I knew that Cat (their ace pitcher Cat Osterman) would probably be on the olymphics team and even though they are a good team without her they are probably not national championship material because a team needs their ace pitcher. But with the recruits they got coming and most of their players are going to be back with Cat coming after a year's experience with the olymphics I think optimisium is justifed for next year.
The Texas women's soccer team did well in recruiting this year and have most of their key players back and should be good next year. We will see.
In football - I don't know because that we will just have to wait and see.

Holy Chiwawa!

Phil C
03-29-2004, 10:39 AM
Just wait till next year! :mad:

JasperDog94
03-29-2004, 11:20 AM
We've also still got a great baseball team this year. I look for them to be there in the world series. Time will tell.