PDA

View Full Version : Cuero's out (Article)

Gobbla2001
02-09-2004, 10:02 PM
The Gobbla Times

CUERO - Cuero Athletic Director and Head Coach Mark Reeve will forfeit all of Cuero's games next season.

"You know, I just don't want to be humiliated by all of those Region 3 teams." said Reeve Monday Night while surfing the 3A Down Low website, a website dedicated to 3A football..

"It would just be stupid to play, I mean sure we may be able to reach the semi's, but then what? We'd be seeing something around 89-0, we just can't hang."

Gasilla
02-09-2004, 10:05 PM
That's probably a good idea!! :cool: wink

3afan2K3
02-09-2004, 10:05 PM
<small>[ February 09, 2004, 09:09 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

Old Cardinal
02-09-2004, 11:20 PM
That may be a very smart move on Cuero's part to not face WO-S....But first you have to beat a good Sinton team to get there. I don't believe that will ever happen!....Boy you are kind of fun to tick off!LOL

crzyjournalist03
02-09-2004, 11:23 PM
Gobbla2001:
The Gobbla Times

CUERO - Cuero Athletic Director and Head Coach Mark Reeve will forfeit all of Cuero's games next season.

"You know, I just don't want to be humiliated by all of those Region 3 teams." said Reeve Monday Night while surfing the 3A Down Low website, a website dedicated to 3A football..

"It would just be stupid to play, I mean sure we may be able to reach the semi's, but then what? We'd be seeing something around 89-0, we just can't hang."eek! eek! ...oh my gosh...you can't be serious...your AD decided to forfeit all the games just because of what was said here???...I can't believe anybody would be so stupid...this is a site dedicated to opinions and thoughts...for a coach to take a website seriously enough to fofeit all his games is absolutely ridiculous. I have officially lost all repect whatsoever for Cuero's football program...I guess they really are a bunch of turkeys after all... :p wink :D

Gobbla2001
02-10-2004, 12:28 AM
Old Cardinal:
That may be a very smart move on Cuero's part to not face WO-S....But first you have to beat a good Sinton team to get there. I don't believe that will ever happen!....Boy you are kind of fun to tick off!LOLYah, Sinton's bringing back a heck of a team this year...

I don't believe that will ever happen!

Guess you didn't pay attention to the outcome of that score this year...

sinton66
02-10-2004, 12:31 AM
Not nice to rub it in, Gobbla. You might hurt my feelings. :D :D :D

kepdawg
02-10-2004, 12:33 AM
Gobbla...you know you are crazy, right? I understand what you are doing (we went through this two years) but I wish it could be done without the appearance your fun was aimed at the school. Since I don't see a way that could be done, carry on!

Gobbla2001
02-10-2004, 12:34 AM
sinton66:
Not nice to rub it in, Gobbla. You might hurt my feelings. :D :D :D You know I'd never do that... On purpose anyway...

Just doin' a little informin' ya know?

Game's in Cuero this year you think?

We'll go eat at Don Bravos...

sinton66
02-10-2004, 12:54 AM
Yea, probably is. Haven't seen OUR schedule yet. Can't get a return email from my coach buddy. You'd think he was tied up on something else. wink

Gobbla2001
02-10-2004, 12:57 AM
Well get on it, we're either eating tortilla-burgers or greasy mexican food...

sinton66
02-10-2004, 01:13 AM
I've actually got five feelers out. Surely somebody'll know SOMETHING before long.

St. Ivender
02-10-2004, 09:03 AM
Gobbla2001:
The Gobbla Times

"It would just be stupid to play, I mean sure we may be able to reach the semi's, but then what? We'd be seeing something around 89-0, we just can't hang."This is a very courageous move by your coach. He is definitely Region 4 material. I guess yall are stuck on 574 wins until 2005. Alas!!

<small>[ February 10, 2004, 08:07 AM: Message edited by: St. Ivender ]</small>

HoHoHo
02-10-2004, 09:18 AM
Isn't Cuero a suburb of Yorktown?

WOSgrad
02-10-2004, 09:36 AM
The Orange Leader

CALLALEN, TEXAS

The Callalen I.S.D. has announced the hiring of Mark Reeve as the new coach of their high school football team. This follows a strange move by Reeve, former head coach of the Cuero Gobblers, in which he forfeited Cuero's full schedule apparently to avoid a humiliating state semifinal loss.

When asked about why such a sudden move was made, a source within the Callalen I.S.D. administration who asked to be unnamed, explained, "We have been looking for ways to end our humiliating streak of 13 consecutive losses in semi-final games and Coach Reeve has shown that he can provide unique solutions to our problems."

When asked for comment, members of the Cuero I.S.D. were unusually estatic at suddenly losing their head coach. They also noted that they were immediately notifying the UIL in order to reverse the forfeitures announced by Coach Reeve.

In Orange, Texas, however, Coach Reeve's move to the 4A ranks was met with deep concern on the part of West Orange-Stark Coach Dan Hooks. It appears that this may unravel a deal that Hooks had with all 3A teams to simply forfeit any playoff games which pitted them against WO-S. "The fans here have been getting restless about us giving them another state champion, I thought we had it in the bag with this deal. Now it looks like we are gonna actually have to play someone for the doggone thing."

<small>[ February 10, 2004, 09:05 AM: Message edited by: WOSgrad ]</small>

pancho villa
02-10-2004, 10:37 AM
Don't be surprised if Cuero is 1 and out, they could be crying long before week 14.

WOSgrad
02-10-2004, 10:55 AM
pancho villa:
Don't be surprised if Cuero is 1 and out, they could be crying long before week 14.Sorry, I won't believe that one 'til I see it.

44INAROW
02-10-2004, 11:46 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by WOSgrad:
[QB]The Orange Leader

CALLALEN, TEXAS

The Callalen I.S.D. has announced the hiring of Mark Reeve as the new coach of their high school football team. This follows a strange move by Reeve, former head coach of the Cuero Gobblers, in which he forfeited Cuero's full schedule apparently to avoid a humiliating state semifinal loss.
WOSgrad.. that is too funny.. see it's fun playing along lol

St. Ivender
02-10-2004, 11:49 AM
WOSgrad:
The Orange Leader

CALLALEN, TEXAS

When asked about why such a sudden move was made, a source within the Callalen I.S.D. administration who asked to be unnamed, explained, "We have been looking for ways to end our humiliating streak of 13 consecutive losses in semi-final games and Coach Reeve has shown that he can provide unique solutions to our problems."

When asked for comment, members of the Cuero I.S.D. were unusually estatic at suddenly losing their head coach. They also noted that they were immediately notifying the UIL in order to reverse the forfeitures announced by Coach Reeve.

In Orange, Texas, however, Coach Reeve's move to the 4A ranks was met with deep concern on the part of West Orange-Stark Coach Dan Hooks. It appears that this may unravel a deal that Hooks had with all 3A teams to simply forfeit any playoff games which pitted them against WO-S. "The fans here have been getting restless about us giving them another state champion, I thought we had it in the bag with this deal. Now it looks like we are gonna actually have to play someone for the doggone thing."What did they do with coach Danaher?

This post is pure genius.

Gobbla2001
02-10-2004, 12:50 PM
WOSgrad - That's good stuff right there, glad someone has caught a case of good-humor...

kepdawg - Yes, I know I'm crazy... But if you'll see, I'm really not directing it at the school... In this post I said 'Region 3', because I have been informed by Old Cardinal (who has prolly never seen one Region 1, 2 or 4 team play in his life) that Cuero can not get by Region 3...

NOW, also, Cuero might not even be D1 because we are the second largest school in the district... So we may never see WO-S...

I just hope we can all get along, but that would mean a lot of us would have to expand our knowledge of football outsides the boundaries of our own area...

I'll tell you what, if Cuero makes the playoffs and goes D2, I'll wear a 'Chain Gang' shirt around the whole state of Texas...

This has nothing to do with me not liking WO-S or other Region 3 teams (as I've said before, I'm a Nederland fan), I just hope some of you can understand my gripe and that it's not directed towords one school but towords a group of people who believe this team has no competition (example: Burnet)...

Much love!

WOS92
02-10-2004, 01:10 PM
AUSTIN, TEXAS — UIL State Trash Talk officials seemed perplexed Tuesday in dealing with an inundation of complaints by fans of high school football teams in Regions I, II and IV.
The complaints stemmed from message boards, primarily 3A boards, in which they claimed Region III was receiving more hype and credit than its three sister regions.
Upon investigation, however, officials found that the majority of posts about Region III and its teams were made by those same individuals who had registered the complaints.
"It's strange," Melvin Stinkfinger, UIL Trash Talk chairman, said. "We logged in to search for posts on Region III, West Orange-Stark, Jasper and other teams who had drawn the ire of fellow fans, but 90 percent of the posts we found were by specific fans from OUTSIDE of that region complaining about all the talk. The truth of the matter is, there doesn't seem to be much outside of that. Those complaining seem to be the ones forcing Region III into the spotlight."
Stinkfinger said the UIL will keep an eye on trash talk in coming weeks.
"We'll make sure it balances out," he said. "And, by the way, WO-S will win Division I and Jasper will win Division II."

<small>[ February 10, 2004, 12:11 PM: Message edited by: WOS92 ]</small>

WOSgrad
02-10-2004, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the welcome, guys. It is fun to come to a board that focuses on a classification. Many of the other boards are replete with folks who believe that an opinion is irrevelant if you don't follow 4A or 5A football. So to come to a site that can focus primarily on 3A sports is pretty cool.

Gobbla, if you are a Nederland fan, then you know the frustration that WO-S fans have been having competing in a district that had 5 deserving playoff teams and only three slots to put them in. We at WO-S look forward to competing in the playoffs. But while many folks in our area are trying to hand us the 3A D1 title, we ain't takin it.

I look forward to the new friends that I will make here in 3A. There are many teams here in ALL areas of the state which have deep history. It will be fun to learn more about it.

Gobbla2001
02-10-2004, 01:39 PM
AUSTIN - Melvin Stinkfinger, the UIL's Trash Talk Chairman admits he was wrong.

"You know, I just didn't read in between the lines." said Stinkfinger. "If I would have read between the lines, I would have known the complaints by the folks outside of Region 3 were not because of Region 3 getting more hype, but because the Region 3 posters being complained about have no clue just how bad their crap stinks. I mean look at it, besides Marlin this year, Region 4 has just ran through Region 3 on the way to the 3A Divisions 1 and 2 State Championship Game."

After hours of talk with his co-workers, Stinkfinger admitted he was bribed. "I can't give away any names or hints as to who bribed me, let's just say it was a little red bird."

<small>[ February 10, 2004, 12:41 PM: Message edited by: Gobbla2001 ]</small>

Gobbla2001
02-10-2004, 01:46 PM
WOSgrad:
Thanks for the welcome, guys. It is fun to come to a board that focuses on a classification. Many of the other boards are replete with folks who believe that an opinion is irrevelant if you don't follow 4A or 5A football. So to come to a site that can focus primarily on 3A sports is pretty cool.

Gobbla, if you are a Nederland fan, then you know the frustration that WO-S fans have been having competing in a district that had 5 deserving playoff teams and only three slots to put them in. We at WO-S look forward to competing in the playoffs. But while many folks in our area are trying to hand us the 3A D1 title, we ain't takin it.

I look forward to the new friends that I will make here in 3A. There are many teams here in ALL areas of the state which have deep history. It will be fun to learn more about it.I actually almost went to the game between your Mustangs and the Bulldogs this year, but Cuero was having a very tough game that week so I passed...

Yes, it must be frusterating in that tough of a district, one of the toughest in all classifications right up there with the Permian/Midland Lee/Abilene Cooper/etc... 5A district... I hope you guys enjoy it, I wouldn't be surprised to see you guys 10-0 by the times the playoffs come around...

As I've said, my beef's not with WO-S, none of them have come on here saying you guys will win it all... As you said, "Many folks in our area are trying to hand us the 3A Division 1 trophy.", and those are the people I am arguing with, there's nothing personal at all there...

WOSgrad
02-10-2004, 04:51 PM
Just so we are clear, I don't have a beef with you, either, Gobbla as I agree with your premise that the other three regions should just give up the ship and award the state championship to the Region III winners.

In fact, it is kinda odd that those folks that are awarding us the title are folks that we might be competing with for that same title. From those folks, we certainly do appreciate the respect and do agree that WO-S, as well as Jasper and Marlin (who I believe is stil in Region III) should be mentioned as ONE of the favorites.

That is why we play the games and they should be fun ones.

BTW, what is with this guy who said Cuero would be a one and out. He may be selling, but I am not buying.

Gobbla2001
02-10-2004, 05:57 PM
Cool...

The guy saying Cuero's one and out? I have no clue...

I guess he's saying it because our last 3 trips have been one and out...

9-2 in '00 (my senior season) knocked out by Sinton

5-6 in '02, knocked out by Rice Consolidated

and 9-2 this past season, knocked out by Wharton...

So I guess it looks like a pattern...

What do you guys have returning next year anyway? That's one thing I haven't been able to find out...