PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Alaniz?

True94
06-19-2003, 10:30 PM
Alright i have seen that he never lost a single game in highschool and is going to one of the best programs in the nation and he is coming from a "small" classification some would say in 3a.... so why doesnt he have tons of hype and stuff??? i mean he sounds like a hoss on the field... did he get drafted or anything? just wondering why he doesnt get as much attention as other texas recruits

sinton66
06-19-2003, 10:41 PM
I posted this earlier on another thread:

I heard several people say that the pro scouts were looking for lefties this year, and that's why Alaniz didn't get an offer.

Adrian probably will not start as a pitcher his freshman year at UT. I would imagine one has to earn their way into the starting rotation. If they pitch him at all, it will most likely be as a mid-range reliever. I'm sure the pitching coach wants a chance to work with him a little before throwing him to the wolves.

He is indeed an outstanding shortstop also, and is talented enough to play anywhere else on the infield. They might stick him in the infield somewhere his first year just to take advantage of his big bat.(Finished this year at .425 avg.)

<small>[ June 19, 2003, 10:43 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

BrahmaMom
06-19-2003, 10:54 PM
We faced Alaniz on the football field and baseball field and he is one talented young man. We have a great deal of respect for him and wish him well.

pirate4state
06-20-2003, 10:33 AM
True94:
Alright i have seen that he never lost a single game in highschool and is going to one of the best programs in the nation and he is coming from a "small" classification some would say in 3a.... so why doesnt he have tons of hype and stuff??? i mean he sounds like a hoss on the field... did he get drafted or anything? just wondering why he doesnt get as much attention as other texas recruitsIf you'd ask the surrounding towns in our area, they'd tell you there was TOO MUCH hype! wink :p