PDA

View Full Version : Region III baseball poll 3/25/04

Old Cardinal
03-25-2004, 06:37 PM
I thought it might be time to post thoughts on the top ten baseball teams in a poll....Hopefully others will give their thoughts on the other regions....This is a poll for Region III, there are some very good teams this season.
#1 Lorena
#2 Lufkin Hudson
#3 LaGrange
#4 Jasper
#5 Bridge City
#6 Barbers Hill
#7 Cleveland
#8 Bellville
#9 Wharton
#10 Navasota

Old Cardinal
03-26-2004, 02:30 PM
I really thought this would be a springboard for alternate opinions. Let's here your thoughts...

sahen
03-26-2004, 03:09 PM
sry Old Cardinal....i'd love to give you my opinion but its hard to get any 3a highschool baseball news as i have found out...I try to check out how Liberty is doing over the net and i cant really find a good site...and even if i do find the score it is just theirs and no one elses...from the numbers u give about bridge cities baseball games i'd have to say they r derserving of their top 10 nomination...tahts about all i know

bearkatdad
03-27-2004, 04:39 PM
Just curious...where is Lorena located? ...and what is their record?

Old Cardinal
03-27-2004, 10:14 PM
I tried to check the Waco Tribune for the latest, but could not find it....They are the defending state Champs and are prepetual tough guys of 3A...They are again doing quite well. The town is just outside of Waco.

bearkatdad
03-28-2004, 12:28 PM
ok...thanks Old Cardinal..and I'm sure someone will disagree with your top 10 list...and will want their team higher on the list...or. at least ON the list...but it looks good to me!!:)

j_dog
03-28-2004, 10:39 PM
OC, your list looks good to me.

RBARKER
03-29-2004, 08:36 AM
I think Barbers Hill and Bridge City should be swaped. :D Just kidding looks good to me also

Buccaneer
03-29-2004, 01:07 PM
Thanks OC

BlueBlood
03-30-2004, 02:27 PM
I would put up the following Top Ten:
1. LaGrange
2. Lorena
3. Bellville
4. Lufkin Hudson
5. Jasper
6. Sealy
7. Bridge City
8. Woodville
8. Navasota
9. Wharton
10. Barbers Hill

KL3
03-30-2004, 03:36 PM
Bellville and Sealy shouldn't be ranked that high, especially Sealy.

If Homer is pitching for La Grange, they won't be beaten, if he isn't, their probably around #5 or #6.

Navasota has been steamrolling people, but their schedule has been very weak. I'll see what kind of team they have tonight when they take on Bellville in Navasota.

Lorena must really just have a great pipeline of players, I watched them last year and thought they would fall a little down the rankings. I think I remember them only returning 2 starters this year, albeit one of them was SS Ben Booker, their leadoff hitter.

Old Cardinal
03-30-2004, 04:32 PM
Thank you Blueblood for entering a poll....It's interesting, we all see things differently. I had a hard time even ranking LaGrange in the top 5. I have seen Woodville play several games this year, I would rank them about fourth in their District. My reconisance says that Sealy is not as strong this year.

Old Cardinal
03-31-2004, 06:18 PM
To my old friend RBARKER, Are you saying BH and BC should be "swaped" or "swamped"? lol

RBARKER
04-01-2004, 09:37 AM
either or I guess :D Barbers Hill has a lot of work to do to deserve a top 10 rating. Hopefully they can get it together before the playoffs. I cant wait till football

Cat22
04-01-2004, 11:56 AM
Speaking of football RBARKER, what does The Hill look like for next season.

areacode337
04-01-2004, 02:39 PM
What about Sweeny? They lost to Sealy 1-0 in Sealy tournament and play Wharton Friday night....Both teams are 3-0 in District.....

RBARKER
04-01-2004, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Cat22
Speaking of football RBARKER, what does The Hill look like for next season.

Well Cat there are alot of rumurs, ifs and buts going on at the Hill. I keep hearing that they are going to get rid of the OC and DC, but I don't know how true this is. Also we have a QB situation that isn't clear, We had a Soph QB last year that I think is going to be replaced with another Soph QB this year. I keep hearing they will move last years QB to RB or FB. As you can see I haven't got a clear picture yet what is going on but we should be competitve. Barbers Hill has an excellent pool of players to pick from for they next 2 years. The Freshman and JV teams had great seasons and have some good athelets. only time will tell I cant wait!! Hows the Bobcats looking? Yalls QB is graduating this year right?

BlueBlood
04-01-2004, 02:56 PM
The Hill should be a little bit better next season than last. This years freshman are really good. They will be sophomores next year and I would guess 4-5 would start (and play well). Defense should be better if they can keep the defensive coordinator. Otherwise, look for a huge let-down on defense.

Cat22
04-01-2004, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by RBARKER
Well Cat there are alot of rumurs, ifs and buts going on at the Hill. I keep hearing that they are going to get rid of the OC and DC, but I don't know how true this is. Also we have a QB situation that isn't clear, We had a Soph QB last year that I think is going to be replaced with another Soph QB this year. I keep hearing they will move last years QB to RB or FB. As you can see I haven't got a clear picture yet what is going on but we should be competitve. Barbers Hill has an excellent pool of players to pick from for they next 2 years. The Freshman and JV teams had great seasons and have some good athelets. only time will tell I cant wait!! Hows the Bobcats looking? Yalls QB is graduating this year right?
Orangefield is gonna be in one of those rebuilding years. We lost a 2000 yard passer, a 1000 yard rusher, and a 1000 yard receiver, not to mention I think all but one offensive lineman. We'll start a soph at QB. I think it all depends on the line. If they step up we'll be competive, but you never know with first year varsity players. It'll take a couple of games to know for sure. On defense we're losing alot also. We were mainly a senior squad last year. We will not know much until the season starts to see if these young guys will step up. Our district is really going to be touch next year. West Orange-Stark and Bridge City are going to be strong and Hamshire-Fannett, Hardin Jefferson,and Anahuac will be good also. Should be fun. Can't wait.

RBARKER
04-01-2004, 04:56 PM
Yea I hate that WOS is droping down since we will be the DIV I rep for our district, that means WOS first round.:mad: