PDA

View Full Version : Lady Longhorns

JasperDog94
03-24-2004, 10:41 AM
The Lady Longhorns destroyed Michigan State!!!

Here's part of the story:

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) -- Jamie Carey was gutsy and gritty and top-seeded Texas is moving on in the West Regional.

Carey shook off a ferocious collision in the first half to score 20 points for the Longhorns in a bruising 80-61 win over Michigan State on Tuesday night in the second round of the NCAA tournament.

She had to leave the court for several minutes in the first half after getting picked off running into a Michigan State screen but returned to score all of her points, hitting five 3-pointers.

"I turned, hit the pick and I was on the ground," Carey said. "That's part of basketball."

Still, it was a scary moment for the home crowd of 8,105. Carey transferred to Texas in 2002 from Stanford after sitting out two seasons because of recurring symptoms from multiple concussions.

"Anytime there's a collision, there's going to be concern," said Texas coach Jody Conradt. "And we all know Jamie's history."

Heather Schreiber added 23 points for Texas (30-4). The top seed in the West Regional has won 36 in a row at home but now must go to Seattle, where the Longhorns will play Louisiana State.

The Longhorns have reached the round of 16 in each of the last three seasons.

KTJ
03-24-2004, 11:23 AM
I've run into Jaime on campus. She's tougher than you think! :eek:

JasperDog94
03-24-2004, 11:28 AM
That was a vicious screen. It was legal, but she definitely leaned into her. Nothing like an elbow to the temple to loosen the old cobwebs.

Phil C
03-24-2004, 12:38 PM
Great Job by the Lady Longhorns!

Old Tiger
03-24-2004, 02:16 PM
Hook 'Em lady's!

Phil C
03-24-2004, 03:54 PM
The Lady Longhorns destroyed Michigan State!!!

Holy Chiwawa!

jason
03-24-2004, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
That was a vicious screen. It was legal, but she definitely leaned into her. Nothing like an elbow to the temple to loosen the old cobwebs. i would have gone off on whoever was guarding the chick that set the screen...lack of communication can be costly....

AggieJohn
03-24-2004, 06:30 PM
i saw part of the game, the girls are legit this year

sahen
03-25-2004, 12:33 AM
how about the lady bears this year?...they killed florida to get into the sweet 16....looks like the best 2 teams in the big 12 this year in women's basketball r UT and BU....here's to hopin we meet in the final 4.....good luck to UT over LSU....and good luck (plus a little more) for BU over Tennessee....Sic'em Bears!