PDA

View Full Version : Legend of the Snicker Weasel

Chief Woodman
03-22-2004, 06:18 PM
While golfing in Hawaii this last week, I learned a of this legend through experience.

Shortly after begining play at the Pearl City Country Club overlooking Pearl Harbor I stated seeing several small brown animals. Upon closer inspection these proved to be small brown weasels. They were sort of cute, slightly smaller than a chihuahua. They were consitantly hanging around the tee boxes much to our entertainment.

After the 9th hole we stoped for a small snack consisting of a hot dog, a snicker bar and a coke. My son had honors on hole 10, so I ate my hot dog and started my snicker bar prior to teeing off. He of course being a teenager had already finshed both prior to teeing off. After his sickening 300 yard drive (sickening to me anyway) I set the last 1/3 of my snicker bar on the seat when I got out to tee off. Upon my return to the cart, no snicker bar was to be found and my son professed his innonence.

While we each accused each other of eating the last bite up to the next tee box, the mystery was solved. While standing at number 11 tee box I looked back to our cart. Standing in the seat was a weasel, sniffing right where the snicker bar had been set down. We started laughing at the "Snicker Weasel". As it turned out, the weasels there hanging out at the tee boxes looking fo food, on or off the carts.

Now you to know the legend of the Snicker Weasel.

3afan2K3
03-22-2004, 06:24 PM
HEHEHE

AggieJohn
03-22-2004, 06:37 PM
that's creative...do you have visual proof?

SintonFan
03-23-2004, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by Chief Woodman
While golfing in Hawaii this last week, I learned a of this legend through experience.

Shortly after begining play at the Pearl City Country Club overlooking Pearl Harbor I stated seeing several small brown animals. Upon closer inspection these proved to be small brown weasels. They were sort of cute, slightly smaller than a chihuahua. They were consitantly hanging around the tee boxes much to our entertainment.

After the 9th hole we stoped for a small snack consisting of a hot dog, a snicker bar and a coke. My son had honors on hole 10, so I ate my hot dog and started my snicker bar prior to teeing off. He of course being a teenager had already finshed both prior to teeing off. After his sickening 300 yard drive (sickening to me anyway) I set the last 1/3 of my snicker bar on the seat when I got out to tee off. Upon my return to the cart, no snicker bar was to be found and my son professed his innonence.

While we each accused each other of eating the last bite up to the next tee box, the mystery was solved. While standing at number 11 tee box I looked back to our cart. Standing in the seat was a weasel, sniffing right where the snicker bar had been set down. We started laughing at the "Snicker Weasel". As it turned out, the weasels there hanging out at the tee boxes looking fo food, on or off the carts.

Now you to know the legend of the Snicker Weasel.
LOL
That's a good story Chief!:)

Wildcat81
03-23-2004, 05:48 AM
That was a good one.

BIG19
03-23-2004, 08:10 AM
Cheif, when I was stationed in Hawaii, had pretty much the same thing happen on the course at Hickam AFB. The only difference was it was a Mongoose that jumped up on the cart.

Side note: Were the greens at Pearl City CC, still very fast? How did you and your son shoot?

JasperDog94
03-23-2004, 10:24 AM
Sounds a little like "Caddyshack"!