PDA

View Full Version : New website for teachers/parents at .....

SuperFan#1
03-21-2004, 03:19 PM
www.*************/teachers/

Go to the site and get involved. We need to come together and fight for the future of education.

3afan2K3
03-21-2004, 03:21 PM
STOP POSTING THIS WEBSITE!!!! All 14 of your post have been promoting your website. You not even allowed to do that on here. your site dont even work

SuperFan#1
03-23-2004, 09:19 AM
Website is at www.**************/teachers/

Thanks!

jason
03-23-2004, 09:26 AM
???

CHS_Grad '85
03-23-2004, 09:49 AM
link is broken...

JasperDog94
03-23-2004, 10:32 AM
So was Superfan#1 really rom?:confused:

SuperFan#1
03-23-2004, 11:12 AM
This site will no longer let me promote my site. I am not sure who "rom" is. If you want to check out the site put **************/teachers/ where the stars are.

SuperFan#1
03-23-2004, 11:14 AM
I'll try again. Put c-o-a-c-h-g-u-r-u-.-n-e-t without the dashes where the stars are.

jason
03-23-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
So was Superfan#1 really rom?:confused: no, my brothers just an idiot...

jason
03-23-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by SuperFan#1
This site will no longer let me promote my site. I am not sure who "rom" is. If you want to check out the site put **************/teachers/ where the stars are. there is a reason for that..and ROM is not a person it is a title as in 'Read Only Member'...keep promoting ur site and you'll feel the whole effect of it...

SuperFan#1
03-23-2004, 11:45 AM
Whole effect of what?

jason
03-23-2004, 11:48 AM
Whole effect of what? hehe...keep promoting ur website, that doesnt even work...and you'll soon find out...

SuperFan#1
03-23-2004, 11:53 AM
Whatever. I guess I will then.

jason
03-23-2004, 11:58 AM
Whatever. I guess I will then. well do u just not understand that the rules say no spam? or are u just ignoring them? and none of that even comes into play because the link you keep giving is dead...

JasperDog94
03-23-2004, 11:59 AM
Whole effect of what?
ROM - Read Only Member. You won't be allowed to post anymore.

SuperFan#1
03-23-2004, 12:04 PM
Where are these rules?

jason
03-23-2004, 12:11 PM
NO SPAM OR ADVERTISING (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/report.php?s=&postid=148857)

SuperFan#1
03-23-2004, 12:29 PM
You have to be freakin kidding me. You're calling me out for Spam and Advertising. You are the Jason that has a link to your own website and Calaway golf and Titleist ads on your post, aren't you. Rediculous!!!

jason
03-23-2004, 12:35 PM
no, thats just something i enjoy...u dont see me putting a link every 2 days sayin go to my website (that is a school project) or the the callaway or titlest website...and those arent even links to those sites, i bet most people wouldnt even know what those things were if there werent a picture of a golf club on it...:hand: :hand:

SuperFan#1
03-23-2004, 01:08 PM
It doesn't matter that your site is a shool project or that some people don't know what Callaway or Titleist are. You are still promoting them. By the way, my site is something I enjoy also. Does that make it ok with you now. And you are right. You don't post every two days promoting your site like I do. You just to do it every single time you post. Last I looked that was about 3,132 times. A few more than me I believe.

kaorder1999
03-23-2004, 02:40 PM
why did it say "Banned Member" under his name a couple days ago?

jason
03-23-2004, 02:42 PM
It doesn't matter that your site is a shool project or that some people don't know what Callaway or Titleist are. You are still promoting them. By the way, my site is something I enjoy also. Does that make it ok with you now. And you are right. You don't post every two days promoting your site like I do. You just to do it every single time you post. Last I looked that was about 3,132 times. A few more than me I believe. have u ever seen a post by me that says hey look at my web site??:clap:

SuperFan#1
03-23-2004, 02:43 PM
Because I was banned. I contacted someone and they said they didn't know why I couldn't post anymore and fixed it.

SuperFan#1
03-23-2004, 02:48 PM
Why do you even care? Seriously, explain that to me.

jason
03-23-2004, 02:53 PM
Why do you even care? Seriously, explain that to me. cause its a blatant disrespect of the rules that the administrators have set for this board and you think you can just ignore them. I wouldnt have a problem if you did it once without knowing, BUT you have done it numerous times knowing full and well you were ignoring the rules...how bout you just put the URL in ur signature, like so many of us have done, and make posts like the rest of us who do without causing controversy...

kaorder1999
03-23-2004, 03:03 PM
same here...at first i didnt care...honestly, I didnt know that it was your site. I thought it was just someone trying to get everyone on here to view a post or something on that site. Jason is right....it is the rules....rules are rules and you need to follow them. would love for you to stick around and contribute to the board though....

Cameronbystander
03-23-2004, 03:06 PM
The reason that I care is because you are using a high school sports forum to try to promote unrelated, self-serving, and INCORRECT crap. It is OK that you want better pay for teachers but I guarentee it is NOT the answer to better education. I lived in Mississippi for 10 years and I have seen some of the top schools around and the absolute worst. All of the teachers got paid approx. the same. The difference in the quality of education lies in the community and how the schools are run. Without exception, the schools where there was good community support and active participation, along with above average leadership always had better scores, higher graduation rates and better facilities.

If you are wondering if I have any background, yes. I was on the State of Mississippi Workforce Development Board that worked in conjunction with the state's 15 junior colleges to improve worker education and high school student preparation for entering the workplace. I also gave a presentation to the President's/US Congress' 21st Century Workforce Development Commission for the Mississippi junior college that I reprensented on the board.

kaorder1999
03-23-2004, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Cameronbystander
The reason that I care is because you are using a high school sports forum to try to promote unrelated, self-serving, and INORRECT crap. It is OK that you want better pay for teachers but I guarentee it is NOT the answer to better education. I lived in Mississippi for 10 years and I have seen some of the top schools around and the absolute worst. All of the teachers got paid approx. the same. The difference in the quality of education lies in the community and how the schools are run. Without exception, the schools where there was good community support and active participation, along with above average leadership always had better scores, higher graduation rates and better facilities.

If you are wondering if I have any background, yes. I was on the State of Mississippi Workforce Development Board that worked in conjunction with the state's 15 junior colleges to improve worker education and high school student preparation for entering the workplavce. I also gave a presentation to the President's/US Congress' 21st Century Workforce Development Commission for the Mississippi junior college that I reprensented on the board.

all that matters is that it is advertising another site...

3afan2K3
03-23-2004, 05:01 PM
I dont think the problem is him postign the site. It's just he mad new topics about it 10 times

3afan2K3
03-23-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
So was Superfan#1 really rom?:confused:
Yes he was, but it seems like he got un-ROMed in return the site got put on the banned words list

SuperFan#1
03-23-2004, 07:07 PM
Wasn't aware I was breaking the rules until you started all of this mess. Still makes no sense to me why the rules would allow someone to put a link in their signature but not allow them to simply post the link. That's fine. Someone tell me how to put it in my signature and it will all be over with.

Cameronbystander - What? This must be April Fools Day. You can't be serious. You obviously haven't been to the site.

Unrelated to high school sports? That's strange. I thought there was a movement to do away with the UIL last year and let all private school compete with public schools on an even playing field. Rumor is that it is an underlying issued that will come up in the special session. I guess that is not related to HS sports though.
Self-serving? Yes, I will benefit from change in the educational system, better pay, and better benefits. However, every other Texan will as well. Let's not forget that.
Incorrect? What is incorrect on the site? If it is incorrect get on the site and debate the issues. That is what it is for. Many different opinions are represented on the site. As they are on this site. Maybe the are right, maybe they are wrong. I don't remember saying at anytime that better pay was THE answer to the education problem. If I did, let me know.

kaorder1999
03-23-2004, 07:14 PM
dude...quit acting like you dont know you are breaking rules...advertising a website that someone can go to, register, and post on is nowhere the same as having a personal homepage linked. I've been a regular visitor to your site but your dumb arguments on here are going to keep me from going back...and im a freaking coach...

jason
03-23-2004, 07:28 PM
Wasn't aware I was breaking the rules until you started all of this mess. Still makes no sense to me why the rules would allow someone to put a link in their signature but not allow them to simply post the link. That's fine. Someone tell me how to put it in my signature and it will all be over with.

Cameronbystander - What? This must be April Fools Day. You can't be serious. You obviously haven't been to the site.

Unrelated to high school sports? That's strange. I thought there was a movement to do away with the UIL last year and let all private school compete with public schools on an even playing field. Rumor is that it is an underlying issued that will come up in the special session. I guess that is not related to HS sports though.
Self-serving? Yes, I will benefit from change in the educational system, better pay, and better benefits. However, every other Texan will as well. Let's not forget that.
Incorrect? What is incorrect on the site? If it is incorrect get on the site and debate the issues. That is what it is for. Many different opinions are represented on the site. As they are on this site. Maybe the are right, maybe they are wrong. I don't remember saying at anytime that better pay was THE answer to the education problem. If I did, let me know.

private schools and public schools will never be able to compete on an even playing field because of recruiting...

SuperFan#1
03-24-2004, 09:19 AM
kaorder1999 -

First - It's not my site.
Second - If you don't want to be apart of it, don't. Do whatever you feel is right.

Jason -

My point exactly. Glad to finally agree on something.

kaorder1999
03-24-2004, 10:19 AM
kaorder1999 -

First - It's not my site.
Second - If you don't want to be apart of it, don't. Do whatever you feel is right.

Jason -

My point exactly. Glad to finally agree on something.

well..if it's not your site i would be ticked off (if i owned the site) and someone like you was ticking other people off about that site...

though you did say...

By the way, my site is something I enjoy also. Does that make it ok with you now.

SuperFan#1
03-24-2004, 10:39 AM
Excuse me. "The site I am promoting" is what I should have wrote. I am sure a lot of things that I do and things that are on the site tick people off. Ticking people off is not a concern of mine. Making people aware of the issues in education is. Like I said, this is really a non-issue. If I need to be banned, so be it. It just doesn't seem to logical for people who enjoy HS athletics to not want to promote a site that is fighting for that very thing.

By the way. To anyone who is interested in the site. The web host is having problems right now and it should be up by the end of the week. Thanks for any support you can give.

CHS_Grad '85
03-24-2004, 11:24 AM
Just go to the upper right corner of the screen... click 'user cp'... then click 'edit profile'... signature will be there - type whatever you want... & post at your leisure... :rolleyes:

SuperFan#1
03-24-2004, 11:30 AM
Thanks!

kaorder1999
03-24-2004, 01:34 PM
there is a right way and a wrong way to do everything...TexasHSFtball has a football site and most everyone knows about it but he isnt posting the link to it on this site and other sites because he knows how to follow and respect the rules set by the owners and webmasters of the sites.

kaorder1999
03-24-2004, 01:42 PM
I'll try again. Put c-o-a-c-h-g-u-r-u-.-n-e-t without the dashes where the stars are.

you did this knowing that this site's administrator put it in the sites banned list...thats crappy of you....i guess you are the type that think rules dont apply to them...i'll pray for you...sad....and you are trying to show your support for education....no wonder all these kids i work with everyday think rules dont apply to them...they are getting it from the adults....

SuperFan#1
03-24-2004, 01:50 PM
Thanks for your prayers.