PDA

View Full Version : Quisenberry to take head coaching job

Green Ranger
03-20-2004, 11:37 AM
It was in the Midland Paper this morning that Quisenberry will be named offically at 1pm Monday. Pretty sure you can go to www.mywesttexas.com as that is the papers web page. Best of luck to Coach Quisenberry at Lee next year.

vet93
03-20-2004, 01:04 PM
Now the speculation begins for the Cooper job:doh: Will they hire from within, take another 5a guy or gamble with a guy from a lower classification?

wildstangs
03-20-2004, 01:08 PM
I have heard several Cooper fans on another board saying they would love to have Jackson from Sweetwater. Brownwood's Steve Freeman is being mentioned very heavily also.

oh well
03-20-2004, 01:59 PM
That would be 2 good choices. Is the Cooper job a better job then the one they have???/

wildstangs
03-20-2004, 02:18 PM
Oh well, Thats a hard questioin to answer. Cooper is in probably the toughest 5A district in the state, their enrollment is declining rapidly, and they face a possible consolidation with Abilene High.

On the other hand, coaches all over the state want to coach in The Little SWC. Coaches in this district seem to be finalist for big jobs every year. It can definitely produce some big names.

Buffalo
03-20-2004, 03:01 PM
oh well I was wondering the same thing I know there are more A'''s and the little southwest but both are in very good programs that are looked as some of the best in Texas look at the history the 2 schools have Brownwood & Sweetwater. I guess we will just have to wait and see. It would be a pay raise I am sure

Buccaneer
03-20-2004, 05:27 PM
I read that Quisenberry's salary will be $ 87065.

Buffalo
03-21-2004, 12:31 AM
I meant a payraise from sweetwater or brownwood to Cooper

lobo12
03-21-2004, 12:57 AM
hey Green Ranger or any other Greenwood fans, has Bob Purser put in for any other jobs, i know last year he put in for another job i forgot which one, but i was just wondering

Green Ranger
03-21-2004, 12:17 PM
I am not sure, I know he has been doing this a long time. And if I understand what has been explained to me, if he gets another job with higher pay rate his retirement rate will increase so with that in mind I am sure he would like to retire with a little more coming in. Just have to wait and see what happens. Everybody in the coaching profession would like to climb up that ladder and nothing wrong with 3A but there is more out there to do.

vet93
03-21-2004, 11:52 PM
I know that in the last three years he has interviewed at Andrews, San Angelo Central and Midland Lee. I am not sure about others....maybe he will apply at cooper.

Originally posted by lobo12
hey Green Ranger or any other Greenwood fans, has Bob Purser put in for any other jobs, i know last year he put in for another job i forgot which one, but i was just wondering