03-17-2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by 3afan2K3
I voted for Bush :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Old Tiger
03-17-2004, 06:52 PM
This might be my most educated post/poll ever. :D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-17-2004, 08:38 PM
If I COULD vote, I'd vote for Kerry. Can't risk having another term with a Republican in office, I mean, after all, look at the way the country has turned since Clinton left office.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-17-2004, 08:39 PM
I'm talking about in the actual election, of course I voted for Kerry on this.

poncho
03-17-2004, 11:27 PM
George Bush

CatWoman
03-18-2004, 09:33 AM
Bush.

HighSchool Fan
03-18-2004, 09:44 AM
I can't vote for someone who votes for going to war and then votes against improving the military.

AggieJohn
03-18-2004, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
If I COULD vote, I'd vote for Kerry. Can't risk having another term with a Republican in office, I mean, after all, look at the way the country has turned since Clinton left office.

yeah you make perfect sense BBDE...all bush has done is raise the economy, fight off 2 wars, pull a country through it's most tragic land attack since pearl harbor, and survive multiple super corporation downfalls....yeah he hasn't done much....

spiveyrat
03-18-2004, 11:15 AM
Sorry, I duplicated this poll with a thread of my own. OOPS! :doh: :doh: :doh:

AggieJohn
03-18-2004, 12:13 PM
it's a hot topic

44INAROW
03-18-2004, 01:36 PM

You are only 16 so I dont' expect you to understand. There is no way you know from EXPERIENCE, but only from what you've heard and been "taught" .
How has "a Republican" affected your life? Everyone is entitled to their thoughts and opinions, which is what makes this country so great, but please try to keep an open mind as well.

AggieJohn
03-18-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
You are only 16 so I dont' expect you to understand. There is no way you know from EXPERIENCE, but only from what you've heard and been "taught" .
How has "a Republican" affected your life? Everyone is entitled to their thoughts and opinions, which is what makes this country so great, but please try to keep an open mind as well.

44, hypothetically if this 16 year old was politically savy...which i would venture to say nope too...he would have a legitimate argument about how bush has affected his life, the educational system has gone down the drain the last 4 years under bush...now before you label me a leftist liberal realize that i am a card carrying member of the republican party, i just realize that the general trend of republicans over the years is too not be as educated as they can on Education and Education Reform. But if you Really wanted to point fingers you should point it too Rod Paige, the secretary of Education, he single handedly has brought the education program to ruins by setting unrealistic standards and advising bush in many wrongful ways......

44INAROW
03-18-2004, 05:16 PM
Point well taken Explayer.

olddawggreen
03-18-2004, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Sorry, I duplicated this poll with a thread of my own. OOPS! :doh: :doh: :doh:

Thats OK, that just gives me one more opportunity to vote for Bush! :D

SintonFan
03-18-2004, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
Thats OK, that just gives me one more opportunity to vote for Bush! :D
That's the spirit!
But Kerry is coming up with too many votes in W's own state!:confused:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-18-2004, 09:40 PM
If I saw you explayer2001 face to face I would laugh at you. Even at the age of 16 I know more about politics than you do and am arguably smarter than you are. I'm not some 16 year old who follows the media like you do. Most of the television stations and newspapers and magazines are owned by rich republican tycoons who spread propaganda that you have so easily bought into, much to their pleasure. The FCC, which is led by republicans, passed a law allowing republicans to own the majority of the media throughout the country and thus shutting down the hard working democrats. Before we go any further, have you served in the military? Why exacty did we go into Iraq? Where are the weapons of mass destruction which was the basis of going into this war? Before you go and try to say that it was to the benefit of the poor, oppressed Iraqi citizens, what do we have at home? We have people living on the streets and working their fingers to the bone trying to get ahead only to be pushed back by George Bush. I'm almost positive that Bush knew that the attacks that took place on September 11 were going to happen. I think that John Kerry said it quite well when he said that this is the most corrupt administration that we've had in decades. I bet that the United States captures Osama bin Laden right before the election takes place and that we already know where he is, because once again, Bush is nothing but a liar and a fraud, and will use this to get votes. He has pushed us so far into debt that its going to take years to get us back to the state we were in when Bill Clinton left office. No, there was no recession according to the accusations of the republican party, that was just their excuse for the lack of leadership that Bush has. The war in Iraq as far as I am concerned is unjustified because we went there on the basis that there would be weapons of mass destruction, and even had UN weapons inspectors scour the country to come up with nothing, and still proceeded to enter the country and inflict death upon so many of the young men who would have been the future of this country. How many people out there don't have jobs? We are experiencing the highest jobless rate as well as homeless rate that we've had in at least 10 years. Also, Bush is slowly leaching away at out rights as individuals. He has allowed police to openly tap into our phone lines, which was before allowed only by the consent of a judge. Bush has also said that if an individual can be stopped for no reason, and if that individual fits the criteria to be a possible terrorist or an enemy to our country, he/she can be locked up and they can throw away the key. Your family will not know of your whereabouts, nor will they know what happened to you. Does something about these two things seem wrong to you, or is it just me? I for one don't like the idea of either one of these. 44INAROW and explayer2001, I wasn't taught who to vote for, and as you can see, I have presented you with a feasible explanation as to why I don't like Bush. Now tell me how he has been such a great leader and so galantly led us through 2 wars. And don't even begin to say that Bush has raised the economy. Look at how many companies have shut down and subsidised overseas and have also had massive layoffs not too long ago. I hope that my mind is "open" enough for the two of you, but I am far from uneducated and stupid, as the two of you have tried to infer.

jason
03-18-2004, 10:01 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

SintonFan
03-19-2004, 01:58 AM
btt......

AggieJohn
03-19-2004, 02:03 AM
poor liberal democrat left-wing baby...

SintonFan
03-19-2004, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by explayer2001
poor liberal democrat left-wing baby...
you can say more than that...
defend yourself, explayer.

AggieJohn
03-19-2004, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
you can say more than that...
defend yourself, explayer.

i will in the morning.....have to juice up on rush, glen beck, and pat grey!.......

AggieJohn
03-19-2004, 10:54 AM
Well, BBDE, while you do impress me with a plethora of words, that just it they are words, ficticious at that. LET's get started. First off, i never did reference you directly as being dumb or unpolitically savy, i just said that most cases 16 years don't have any sort of knowledge. I like you was very democratic as a 16 year old, but college and being part of the working world has made me change my views. Let's focus on the democratic party in general. They don't stand united on anything, except their hatred for Bush. They stereotypically focus on the individualized person rather the overall natural good of the government. That for instance is why I am a fighting the left, is because of that stance. How can one say it is right that we should just hand hand outs to minorities. We say that affirmative action is the great equalizer, when in fact is nothing but reverse discrimination. While i am all for the equalization of races in our country, i am strongly against giving handouts to specific groups, especially when they don't have to work for it. Just because you are not a WASP doesn't mean that you shouldn't still qualify for the exact equal amount of scholarships. Look at the case of A&M, University President Dr. Gates has been fighting the growing trend making race a factor in your admissions decision. You wonder why my profile had so much Aggie stuff in it. It's because they go about admitting kids directly on their academic merit. Now I am not racist, but when i lose out to a Hispanic, Black or Asian, i want it to be solely because his GPA was higher than mine, not because of his ethnicity.
Now your thoughts on the media being republican minded, well that's far from it. CNN is so left they should just come out and say it. Basically the media is a liberal media because that sells more than the conservative views do because the conservative fews aren't as flashy or crazy as that of Democratic Party. Even Fox News, the quote "rightish" channel, doesn't lean to the right much anymore more than they follow right down the middle and report like it should. Conservatives don't like Fox because it does what it's motto says "we report, you decide." I was totally baffled during the primaries this year in how the Media reported the story. Time and time again they wanted to say that this person had the best chance of beating bush and they were so much different from bush. Can't we just go to the event and tell what happened, not throw our own spin into it. I don't want to hear what you think, i just want to know what happened.
Now let's go onto the war in Iraq, yes we did go in, no this wasn't a liberation mission. We went in believing that their were potential threats to U.S. soil. I don't know about your butt, but i was glad we went in, and yes the WMD's haven't been "found". The intelligence was flawed, but we can all thank Saddam for that, even Hans Blix has said that Hussien was smart enough that we could all think they did. Blix report the intelligence to be flawed, and his intelligence wasn't American intelligence. WE as american's are the dominating country in the world, and as that country it has become our role to play big brother. Does that mean that we might have to spend a little bit more in the military too keep this going? Yes, and i am for it. People wanna hark on the fact that so much has gone into the military since bush has been office yet they want to forget that Clinton basically depleted our miltary to the point of exhaustion in his tenure. I sometimes wonder how much more we would of been able to be ready or even prevent 9/11 had clinton not been in office.
Your "most corrupt administration" is very laughable, Bush is a great leader. I would venture to say that he is a horrible "politician". yes his "w"ism's are very laughable, but he has kept afloat a nation that went through a terrible period of problems, all which were not caused by the work of George Bush. Perhaps you forget that the man went to Yale.
And i will say that he raised the economy.

44INAROW
03-19-2004, 12:31 PM
[ I for one don't like the idea of either one of these. 44INAROW and explayer2001, I wasn't taught who to vote for, and as you can see, I have presented you with a feasible explanation as to why I don't like Bush. Now tell me how he has been such a great leader and so galantly led us through 2 wars. And don't even begin to say that Bush has raised the economy. Look at how many companies have shut down and subsidised overseas and have also had massive layoffs not too long ago. I hope that my mind is "open" enough for the two of you, but I am far from uneducated and stupid, as the two of you have tried to infer. [/B][/QUOTE]

You do write nicely. I never meant to imply you were uneduated or stupid, just an assumption on your part. Like I said, I don't take seriously what ANY 16 year old says about politics, educated or otherwise, due to the FACT he/she has not been PERSONALLY involved in running a business, paying bills, supporting OTHER 16 year olds. I do applaud your writing ability, I am sure your economics and English teachers will be proud. I am not left or right winged, just keeping an open mind.

Old Cardinal
03-19-2004, 01:59 PM
To BBDE: I had a son in the middle of the Iraq liberation, in fact he received the Bronze Star. He has also received 3 other combat medals in his 16 years of service to his country! The simple fact is that the Dictator and his sons of an evil regime had killed 350,000+ people of Iraq and had we not intervened the children(orphans) would have starved, along with many citizens. I am proud of our President and Congress for taking the initiative to stop the carnage! We have stopped carnage in Panama, assorted other runaway situations for many years. We are in a world wide war against Religious Extremist who are trying to make 9-1-1 happenings across the globe! I think you are a good kid but have been listening to too many liberal school teachers....Yes, it cost money to totally rebuild the Armed forces after Clinton and his right hand man Kerry voted against every bill to maintain the defense of the USA. I hate war but sometimes it's the only way to protect the folks sitting out on the farm bitching.

slpybear the bullfan
03-19-2004, 01:59 PM
BBDE,

You have thrown around many statements as fact. I understand you may hear these statements as fact from those you associate with.

All I have to say is, back them up with proof. For example... show me proof that the FCC is a Republican Led gov. tool and that the FCC has allowed the media in this country to be controlled by Republicans. You made this statement in your post... yet you have given zero proof to back that up.

You cannot throw a statement of fact around like that and accept it to be taken at face value. What you need to be careful with is to say... In my opinion. Or, get out there and find the evidence to back up your claims.

Perhaps the best outcome of all is to just try and be open minded and say, "Hmm, I think the republicans controll the FCC..." Then go out and don't try and prove that. Go out and find out WHO controls the FCC, no matter what party.

For example, I found the FCCs home page at www.fcc.gov and learned that...

Organization

The FCC is directed by five Commissioners appointed by the President and confirmed by the Senate for 5-year terms, except when filling an unexpired term. The President designates one of the Commissioners to serve as Chairperson. Only three Commissioners may be members of the same political party. None of them can have a financial interest in any Commission-related business.

Even more interesting was what you might find here... http://www.fcc.gov/commissioners/powell/mkp_biography.html
...Mr. Powell, a Republican, was nominated by President William J. Clinton on July 31, 1997, and confirmed by the United States Senate on October 28, 1997.

The sitting chairman of the FCC was appointed by President Clinton during his term in office.

Hmm... A democrat president... republican chairman... how does that make sense? (insert blank look here.)

You also said that we are experiencing the highest jobless rate in 10 years.

I went to www.bls.gov which is the bureau of labor and statistics and found the following information.

In people aged 16 and over, there were 8,583,000 people listed as unemployed in Feb, 1994. In Feb, 2004 there were 8,170,000 people listed as unemployed.

How does this compare to the total number of the potential working populations? In Feb, 1994 the unemployment rate was 6.6%. In Feb, 2004, the unemployement rate is 5.6%

Interestingly enough, the employement level was 122,086,000 people employed in Feb, 1994. And in Feb 2004? 138,301,000 people are employed... a rise of almost 16 Million people employed. (using the unemploment numbers above, that means a 10 year change of employement rates of 93.4% up to 94.4%. Did the numbers change a lot in between those years? Sure, we same them fall and rise.

Those are facts. Here is some of my opinion to go with it. A lot of people want to thump a bunch of opinion and call it facts. That is wrong. If people want to say the unemployment rate is at a 10 year high, that is wrong. The facts say it IS better than 10 years ago. A lot of folks want to blame/credit sitting presidents for that. I think that is like saying I personally am responsible for global warming but oh well... If you want to fault a sitting president (Bush) for having dealt with 9/11, a worldwide depression, a tougher and more competitive world to do business in, AND all "he" manages to do is post a better employment record than the 1994 Hey Days of President Bill Clinton... then I guess I will take it. Again, just my opinions...

I don't have the time to continue to go through some of the other points you made about GW being responsible for Homeless people, we haven't accomplished good things in Iraq, all of America's companies are going oversease... instead, I need to get back to work at one of those companies now that my lunch break is over. One of those companies that makes its decisions based upon what has the best Financial impact to the company (and those employed by it), not who is President or what would look the best.

Its okay to be fired up and excited, but no one really will respect your arguments if you throw out broad accusations with zero credible evidence to back it up. All that happens is you get labled as a zealout and there are plenty of those in ALL political groups to last a lifetime.

PS - Please think through your arguments concerning the military very carefully. YES, I have family and friends overseas. YES, I do some work for the military. And YES, I consider myself EXTREMLY well-informed regarding many military topics.

AggieJohn
03-19-2004, 02:32 PM
slypybear, in the words of jim rome RACK EM

Cat22
03-19-2004, 02:51 PM
Well put slpybear. :clap:

AggieJohn
03-19-2004, 02:56 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

RPM
03-19-2004, 04:51 PM
Here are the annual unemployment rates:http://data.bls.gov/servlet/SurveyOutputServlet?data_tool=latest_numbers&series_id=LNU04000000&years_option=all_years&periods_option=specific_periods&periods=Annual+Data

Will have to wait and see where the 2004 rate will end up. So far its at 5.6%.

RPM
03-19-2004, 05:03 PM
89-93: Bush Daddy

93-2001: Clinton Pimp

2001-present: Bush Daddys boy

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-19-2004, 09:18 PM
To 44INAROW:
It was actually explayer2001 infered that I was stupid, he just didn't come out and say it. Sorry for dragging you into that statement, I apologize.

To Old Cardinal and explayer2001:
All of those great new aircrafts, boats, weapons, etc., were introduced when Clinton was in office, so Bush in no way had to rebuild our armed forces. I think that it is more beneficial to get our country on the right path, completely, helping out the people of the United States. I say we have to look out for #1. We were the one's who revolted and are in the postion that we are in today because we stood up. Sure, we did recieve help, but why are we going to help them when they aren't willing to stand up first? You may say that it is the right thing to do, but we can't go and throw away our country and everything we've earned just to overthrow every country's tyranical leaders if they're not going to take the first steps. And seeing as you seem to think that Iraq was such a threat, why did we go in after the weapons inspectors scoured the country and came up empty handed, when we could have just as easily went into a potentially hostile North Korea who has admitted to possessing nuclear weapons.

To slpybear the bullfan:
Wow, I am impressed, you have basically rendered me speechless. I really should have information to back up my accusations. I will say that most of what I put up there is in fact my personal opinions. The Republicans just seem to me to have a knack to gain more power. Look at the Texas redistricting for instance. Our beloved governor Rick Perry will call an emergency session at a cost of at least $2,000,000, not just once, but twice, just to give the Republican edge in Texas. That $4,000,000 could have been spent to improve public education or other various things, but it had to be used for to redistrict the state of Texas, and for what reason? Most of the large television networks are in fact owned by Republicans, but, that does not necessarily mean that they spread Republican propaganda as I had originally said. As far as the unemployment, look at the years ahead of that. As a country under Bill Clinton, we enjoyed the highest economy, the lowest unemployment rate, and the lowest homeless rate the United States has experienced in decades. Rome wasn't built overnight. Clinton was in office for 2 years when those numbers came in and he was still improving the way things were after Bush left office. Have you looked at the historical highs and lows of unemployment for each state? The majority of the historical lows took place during the tenure of Bill Clinton. I will give Bush credit that he hasn't set the record highs...yet. Clinton also left office with a budget surplus that has been dwindled down into trillions of dollars in deficits, at the growing rate of millions of dollars per second! Will you answer me something? The United States has contracted Halliburton for jobs overseas. Why did we do this without taking any bids? Could it possibly be due to the fact that Dick Cheney used to be the Vice President of the company? Why is Martha Stewart getting sentenced for making $40,000 off of her stocks because of having insider trading, which I'm not saying is right, she does deserve to be punished, and Halliburton can "accidentally" overcharge the government $60,000,000 and get a slap on the wrist and have 15% of their pay withdrawn until the debt is gone, but there is no action taken to investigate what happened, nobody serving jail time, and they're still under contract of the United States government? Something doesn't seem quite right there either. Any of ya'll can sit here and say that I have no room to talk because I don't have a job, or I'm not the legal age to vote, nor do I have kids to support. I've lived on my farm my whole life, and my family has came a long way with a lot of hard work. I know how much better it was for my family when Clinton was in office, I've seen it first hand. I've grown up working the hard way. I haven't been given anything, and I've seen how my way of life has been affected ever since Bill Clinton left office and George Bush stepped in to replace him. Bush has tried to give companies the right to dip into the retirement funds that hard-working Americans have set aside and use the money to put towards the utilities of the company. Bush has also imposed a tax that whenever somebody retires, they have to pay a certain amount of money to draw it in a lump sum, somewhere in the neighborhood of $29,000, or you can draw out a measley amount of money per month for the rest of your life that will barely pay for the basic utility bills, much less a kids college tuition, which Bush has also allowed schools to set at any amount of money they please. This is the reason that I don't like George Bush the most. He has affected my life, as well as the life of many others. Ya'll may be tired of hearing my pissing and moaning, but this is my real reasoning behind it. I can't stand on both sides of the fence, and I figure that I'm standing on the right side because it is the side that benefits the welfare of my family. I'm glad that having my own opinion is possible, and I don't especially like wasting 45 minutes to type all of this stuff, nor do I like the tension that it causes between posters, so I'm just going to stick to football and the laughs on this site from now on.

slpybear the bullfan
03-20-2004, 01:18 AM
BBDE,

again, I read your posts and see lots of passion... not much fact... (If any...)

Example... "All of those great new aircrafts, boats, weapons, etc., were introduced when Clinton was in office, so Bush in no way had to rebuild our armed forces."

I can go over when weapons systems are proposed, developed, approved, and delivered. If you want to discuss any specific weapon system, I am more than happy too. Perhaps you should go do a search on the "Striker weapon system" to see what the DOD actually did under the watch of President Clinton.

If you really want to get into the details of why most republicans are griping about how the DOD had been gutted from 1992 to 2000, I can walk you through how many Active Duty divisions were deactivated since 1992, how many ships retired, etc. Heck, go look it up yourself. If you really want to have some fun, go look up the draw down of the Central Intelligence Agency and the NSA and see just how far the Human Intelligence side of things has dropped. And while you are studying this country's intelligence problems, please reread your statements about how you think President Bush had prior knowledge of the 9/11 terrorists attacks and did not stop them.

By the way friend, that is saying President George W. Bush had a hand in the murder of almost 3,000 innocent civilians. C'mon, BBDE, I figured you to be brighter guy than this. Don't let your passion get in front of your argument.

When I read your posts, I see a young man that loves to throw out the catch phrases and hot buttons he hears or reads about... but does not qualify them and instead, takes them at face value. If you were older, I would not bother to take any time at all to reply to your posts. I would write you off as another yellow dog Democratic Zealout... like talking to yon fence post. But, I think you are a very bright kid who has seen one very, small part of the world and big shallow view of the larger picture.... i.e. doesn't have very much to form opinions on. And that is understandable, as you are a young man.

So, you can take my following advice as "an agreement to disagree" and "with a grain of salt"...

1.) There are a ton of things that should interest a 16 year old. Politics is probably not one that should be high on your list.

2.) Girls should be on the top of your list. ;)

3.) You will have plenty of time in 10 years to worry about all of these things you appear to be worried about.

4.) Lots of folks would like to go to UT, (or other Div. I Schools) and cannot afford it. Lots of folks would like to retire early, but cannot afford it. Spend more time worrying about how to make those things happen instead of faulting other people (especially political parties, candidates, etc). That is something that is very unhealthy for adults.

BBDE, I hope you have a good time in spring sports. If you are like me, a lot of good hunting is now over, but Fishing is just getting into full swing. I hope you have a good time this spring, and when this summer comes... GO HAVE FUN.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-20-2004, 08:19 PM
1. Well, girls are at the top of my list...;)
2. We have 3 stock tanks and there will be a lot of fishing going on.
3. I'm not all that worried about politics at this point, and I don't read the newspapers or watch television just so I can see politics, but my mom has it on that crap all the time, so I get things in bits and pieces, and the only time I really do reply is whenever somebody tries to infer that Democrats are stupid, slow, etc. and do it to defend myself. I'm just going to sit back and read it from now on, too much trouble to look at demographics and other facts at this time in my life. You've taught me quite a bit though and I'm impressed with your political knowledge. :p

slpybear the bullfan
03-20-2004, 09:25 PM
Thanks for the kind words BBDE... I hope you catch a nice 'cat... A friend of mine from work is trying to get me to go fishing with him up on the Red River for flatheads and Blues... personally, anytime you have to wade into water at night and fight off the water mocs... well, that AIN'T my kind of fishing!!! :)

Today was an awesome day... gonna be cooler tomorrow, but still nice...

Don't worry about folks thinking there are dumb Dems either... There are plenty of dumb folks in all the parties... (some of the dumbest right now occupy some of the GOP seats in our statehouse!) :)

have a good one...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-20-2004, 09:28 PM
Yeah, I usually go and fish for bass, we catch some 4 and 5 pounders on a regular basis. I'm ready for the summer, I'm going to start working on my car, a 1975 Pontiac Trans Am.

slpybear the bullfan
03-20-2004, 09:40 PM
Yeah, I usually go and fish for bass, we catch some 4 and 5 pounders on a regular basis. I'm ready for the summer, I'm going to start working on my car, a 1975 Pontiac Trans Am.

Please tell me its a firebird... black with T-Tops and a big gold one on the hood?

:D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-20-2004, 10:59 PM
Well, it is a Firebird, but it says Trans Am on the back, but we're going to insure it as a Firebird (it's cheaper for some reason), and it is white, but no t-tops, and has a light blue interior. It's in pretty bad shape, and it's going to take a lot of work. I'll be sure to show it off to everybody once I get finished with it.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-20-2004, 11:17 PM
It has a firebird on the roof and a reverse hood scoop, but we're not going to put another firebird decal on there because I'm not too fond of it. I'm excited because I've dreamed of fixing this car up ever since I could remember, it's just been sitting in the corner of my yard along with a host of other cars, like a 1963 Chevy Impala SS that has power windows and an A/C, and only 1800 or so of this particular model were made and they're really rare today, and we also have a 1959 Austin Healey with a hard-top convertible roof. All of these cars have just been sitting there rusting, and my dad and I are going to pull them out and start working on them when he retires. :D

slpybear the bullfan
03-21-2004, 10:11 PM
It has a firebird on the roof and a reverse hood scoop, but we're not going to put another firebird decal on there because I'm not too fond of it. I'm excited because I've dreamed of fixing this car up ever since I could remember, it's just been sitting in the corner of my yard along with a host of other cars, like a 1963 Chevy Impala SS that has power windows and an A/C, and only 1800 or so of this particular model were made and they're really rare today, and we also have a 1959 Austin Healey with a hard-top convertible roof. All of these cars have just been sitting there rusting, and my dad and I are going to pull them out and start working on them when he retires. :D

If you ever come across an old Charger that I can Paint orange and weld the doors shut, be sure and email me!

Been wanting to do that for many years...

JasperDog94
03-21-2004, 10:36 PM
Yeah, I usually go and fish for bass, we catch some 4 and 5 pounders on a regular basis.
And these ponds are located where?:D :D :D

crzyjournalist03
03-22-2004, 04:11 PM
too much writing in this thread...looks like it's been pretty heated, but after reading a few of the comments, I can tell that posting political views is pretty much pointless, because cases can always be made for either side...the one thing I want to know about this thread though is:

Where's Ralph Nader in the poll???????:D :D :D

JasperDog94
03-22-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Where's Ralph Nader in the poll???????:D :D :D
The same place you'll find him this time next year. Nowhere to be found.:o :p

AggieJohn
03-22-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
The same place you'll find him this time next year. Nowhere to be found.:o :p
Except right there to snatch just enough Dem. votes that bush wins it!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-22-2004, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
And these ponds are located where?:D :D :D
One of my stock ponds. We had one that almost dried up completely one summer when it was really dry, and we didn't fish in it up until last summer, and we were catching some monsters out of there.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-22-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
If you ever come across an old Charger that I can Paint orange and weld the doors shut, be sure and email me!

Been wanting to do that for many years...

I'll be sure to do it. Have you seen the Mr. Clean commercial with the Dodge Charger on it with a 426 Hemi and a blower? I love that car.....

slpybear the bullfan
03-22-2004, 11:18 PM
I'll be sure to do it. Have you seen the Mr. Clean commercial with the Dodge Charger on it with a 426 Hemi and a blower? I love that car.....

Yeah... that is a good commercial.

One of these days I am going to have to get a General Lee... It would be too cooll! :)

sinton66
03-22-2004, 11:29 PM
Awwww heck, let's heat it up again.:D I got this in an email this morning.

Subject: PASS THIS ONE ON PLEASE.

This is worth the read. It's short and to the point.

2004 Social Security Issue

Perhaps we are asking the wrong questions during election years.

Since most of us have paid into FICA for years and are now, or will be, receiving a Social Security check every month -- and then finding that we are getting taxed on 85% of the money we paid to the federal government to "put away," you may be interested in the following:

Q: Which party took Social Security from an independent fund and put it in the general fund so that Congress could spend it?

A: It was Lyndon Johnson and the Democratic-controlled House and Senate.

Q: Which party put a tax on Social Security?

A: The Democratic party.

Q: Which party increased the tax on Social Security?

A: The Democratic Party with Al Gore casting the deciding vote.

Q: Which party decided to give SS money to immigrants?

A: That's right, immigrants move into this country and at 65 get SSI Social Security. The Democratic Party gave that to them although they never paid a dime into it.

Then, after doing all this, the Democrats turn around and tell you the Republicans want to take your Social Security. And the worst part about it is, people believe it!

This must be an issue in "04." Please! Keep it going.

SOCIAL SECURITY FOR CONGRESS:

Our Senators and Congress men & women do not pay into Social Security and, of course, they do not collect from it.

You see, Social Security benefits were not suitable for persons of their rare elevation in society. They felt they should have a special plan for themselves. So, many years ago they voted in their own benefit plan.

In more recent years, no congress person has felt the need to change it. After all, it is a great plan.

For all practical purposes their plan works like this:

When they retire, they continue to draw the same pay until they die, except it may increase from time to time for cost of living adjustments.

For example, former Senator Byrd and Congressman White and their wives may expect to draw $7,800,000.00 (that's Seven Million, Eight-Hundred Thousand Dollars), with their wives drawing $275,000.00 during the last years of their lives.

This is calculated on an average life span for each. Their cost for this excellent plan is $00.00. Nada. Zilch.

This little perk they voted for themselves is free to them. You and I pick up the tab for this plan. The funds for this fine retirement plan come directly from the General Funds - our tax dollars at work! From our own Social Security Plan, which you and I pay (or have paid) into every payday until we retire (which amount is matched by our employer) - we can expect to get an average $1,000 per month after retirement. Or, in other words, we would have to collect our average of $1,000. monthly benefits for 68 years and one (1) month to equal Senator Bill Bradley's benefits!

Social Security could be very good if only one small change were made. That change would be to jerk the Golden Fleece Retirement Plan from under the Senators and Congressmen. Put them into the Social Security plan with the rest of us .. then sit back and watch how fast they would fix it.

If enough people receive this, maybe a seed of awareness will be planted and maybe good changes will evolve.

How many people can YOU send this to?

crzyjournalist03
03-22-2004, 11:59 PM
66, that's good stuff...just goes to show you that 95% of politics is a bunch of crap!

JasperDog94
03-23-2004, 10:15 AM
You can rest assured that neither party will touch that with a 10 foot pole.

CHS_Grad '85
03-23-2004, 11:37 AM
Yeah - but Snopes.com (http://www.snopes.com/cgi-bin/news/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=000003;p=1#0000 00) did...

Q: Which party took Social Security from an independent fund and put it in the general fund so that Congress could spend it?

A: It was Lyndon Johnson and the Democratic-controlled House and Senate.

FALSE

Q: Which party put a tax on Social Security?

A: The Democratic party.

FALSE

Q: Which party increased the tax on Social Security?

A: The Democratic Party with Al Gore casting the deciding vote.

TRUE

Q. Which party decided to give money to immigrants?

A: That's right, immigrants moved into this country at 65 and got SSI Social Security. The Democratic Party gave that to them although they never paid a dime into it.

FALSE

Cameronbystander
03-23-2004, 12:27 PM
I know better than to get involved in this topic but I could not help myself. As you get older you have to decide what positions you want to support in life. Neither the democratic party or the republician party is all bad but you need to look at their root beliefs.

Democratic - Gay rights, abortion on demand, socialism (through medical programs and the redistribution of wealth by taxation), and larger government (this means more control and fewer individual rights).

Republician - Smaller federal government, more state control, trickle down economics (more money in industry equals more jobs), family values (tied to traditional Christian beliefs), and charities helping the unfortunate rather than the government.

Again, you can pick your beliefs but look at the core to see what you are supporting and if it is what you like then that's your choice. One quick example:

A father was visiting with his democratic leaning daughter, a junior in college, about her grades. She was proud to let him know that she had worked hard and was making all A's. He asked how her roommate was doing. She replied that the roommate was not attending class and was probably going to fail at least two subjects. The father suggested that she go to the administration and offer part of her 4.0 grades to her roommate so that she wouldn't fail. The daughter was outraged. She said, "I have worked too hard to give up those A's and besides, why should she get any of my grade points?"

To which he father responded, "WELCOME TO THE REPBULICIAN PARTY!"

Cameronbystander
03-23-2004, 12:35 PM
ttt

Cameronbystander
03-23-2004, 03:08 PM
ttt:thinking: :rolleyes:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-23-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Cameronbystander
I know better than to get involved in this topic but I could not help myself. As you get older you have to decide what positions you want to support in life. Neither the democratic party or the republician party is all bad but you need to look at their root beliefs.

Democratic - Gay rights, abortion on demand, socialism (through medical programs and the redistribution of wealth by taxation), and larger government (this means more control and fewer individual rights).

Republician - Smaller federal government, more state control, trickle down economics (more money in industry equals more jobs), family values (tied to traditional Christian beliefs), and charities helping the unfortunate rather than the government.

Again, you can pick your beliefs but look at the core to see what you are supporting and if it is what you like then that's your choice. One quick example:

A father was visiting with his democratic leaning daughter, a junior in college, about her grades. She was proud to let him know that she had worked hard and was making all A's. He asked how her roommate was doing. She replied that the roommate was not attending class and was probably going to fail at least two subjects. The father suggested that she go to the administration and offer part of her 4.0 grades to her roommate so that she wouldn't fail. The daughter was outraged. She said, "I have worked too hard to give up those A's and besides, why should she get any of my grade points?"

To which he father responded, "WELCOME TO THE REPBULICIAN PARTY!"

First off, aren't we allowed certain unalienable rights that include: life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness? If gay people want to get married, who are we to take away some of their certain unalienable rights? What they do is their business, but I don't condone gay marriages, nor do I agree with people being gay, but thats the way things are. The Republicans are the ones who are allowing the tapping of our phone lines a free will, access to whatever we type or say, and to be able to pull us over on the highway just for the hell of it. The trickle down economics theory would be great IF those companies actually hired people instead of having layoffs or cut costs by NOT hiring people, and that story has been sent to me a million times, and in no way do I understand why that person would be a Republican, because according to that, I would be that person, and I'm not :D .