PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Most Boring Professional Sport

jason
03-16-2004, 03:17 PM
OK, which of these professional sports is the most boring....and I AM trying to prove a point...

Ray_BearKat
03-16-2004, 03:48 PM
I was looking for curling but there seems to be an error in your poll:D

Buccaneer
03-16-2004, 04:00 PM
You have been following the Rangers too long ! Get behind the Astros. They are very exciting. They come up with unbelievable ways to lose games !

jason
03-16-2004, 04:06 PM
it would be different if they only played 6 innings and 100 games...im already sick of the silly game takin up half of sportscenter every day...

Cameronbystander
03-16-2004, 04:27 PM
How can you possibly be a sports fan and believe that Major League baseball is boring. There is no greater thrill than going to the ballpark (any ballpark) and watching a game. I will never forget watching Nolan Ryan blow three past Bo Jackson in Kansas City one night or watching Dave Kingman swing so hard that he had to have the trainer spray something on his ribcage before continuing (the next pitch he hit onto the top deck at Comisky). I love going to the games. I just wish I lived closer.

And Jason being a golfer like yourself (I play an average of 16 rounds a month every month) you must realize how boring golf is to watch for most people. :thinking:

Ranger Mom
03-16-2004, 04:48 PM
Sorry....can't vote.

My vote would have to go to that four letter word - GOLF!!!

jason
03-16-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Sorry....can't vote.

My vote would have to go to that four letter word - GOLF!!! i KNOW that wasnt a personal attack at ur favorite prankster....:thinking: :thinking:

AggieJohn
03-16-2004, 05:14 PM
golf is boring to watch....because you can't judge angles yourself...u just have to trust that the players have done it....i can criticize on spot a fb player because he did something wrong but i can't see angles in golf and that frustrates me to no end

jason
03-16-2004, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by explayer2001
golf is boring to watch....because you can't judge angles yourself...u just have to trust that the players have done it....i can criticize on spot a fb player because he did something wrong but i can't see angles in golf and that frustrates me to no end angles?? im a scratch golfer and angles have NOTHING to do with the way i play.....

vfunk
03-16-2004, 11:30 PM
i have to agree with baseball....how can anyone sit through 9 innings of regular season baseball. The fact that you can turn on the TV at almost anytime of the day in baseball season and find a game turns me off. Its not like football where you have all week to look forward to a game. I wont even watch a game until its the world series. Even then I can only stand it if its close. Its just so slow, and a team can lose 70 games and still have a decent shot. To me, that just doesnt make sense. Get rid of the players union and I may be a little more interested!

Old Tiger
03-16-2004, 11:36 PM
Golfs not a choice :( :p :D

duckbutter
03-17-2004, 09:53 AM
You can't count golf because golf isn't a sport, it's a hobby.

spiveyrat
03-17-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Sorry....can't vote.

My vote would have to go to that four letter word - GOLF!!!

AMEN RangerMom! GOLF!!!:devil:

slpybear the bullfan
03-17-2004, 01:08 PM
I don't know if all of these should be considered sports... but my vote would be shared between...

GOLF, BOWLING, NASCAR, FIGURE SKATING, GYMNASTICS, NOODLING.

CatWoman
03-17-2004, 03:50 PM
Boxing. They juke and jump and bounce and grab hold of each other. If you're gonna fight, then fight. Throw more punches!

jason
03-17-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
I don't know if all of these should be considered sports... but my vote would be shared between...

GOLF, BOWLING, NASCAR, FIGURE SKATING, GYMNASTICS, NOODLING. i agree...nascar is worse than baseball....
what is noodling??

jason
03-17-2004, 07:57 PM
how come 151 people have looked at this thread, and only 8 have voted???

slpybear the bullfan
03-17-2004, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by jason
i agree...nascar is worse than baseball....
what is noodling??

Noodling is the elusive sport of hand-fishing... AKA Grabbling in my neck of the woods...

Go to a deep hole in a lake or creek... Insert foot into hole to see if a big flathead catfish is residing inside. If he is, go underwater, insert your hand into his mouth, grab his gill from the inside, and stand up and bring the fish out.

I have a DVD from this website...

www.okienoodling.com

Old Tiger
03-17-2004, 11:57 PM
It's between Nascar and Golf.

Mustang '89
03-18-2004, 02:28 AM
Baseball only gets interesting during the playoffs.

Wildcat81
03-18-2004, 02:32 AM
Golf:D

jason
09-14-2004, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Mustang '89
Baseball only gets interesting during the playoffs. its about that time...

big daddy russ
09-14-2004, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by vfunk
...how can anyone sit through 9 innings of regular season baseball...
How can you not enjoy going to the ballpark with your friends and drinking a few? (Just be sure to bring plenty of money)

handNthedirt
09-14-2004, 09:53 AM
Golf spoils a nice walk....unless there are plenty of cold beverages invlolved. Nascar is not a sporting event, and I hate to say it due to the color of my neck, but it is a way of life. Go to Texas Motor Speedway a week before the race is even scheduled. There are RV's as far as the eye can see...and 250,000 strong on race weekend. TV doesnt' do it any justice whatsoever. There is electricity in the air. Don't knock it until you've tried it!

PPHSfan
09-14-2004, 09:53 AM
I like those new commercials where the guy doesn't want to go to the ballgame and get hit by the garage door, or the hang glider.:D

But baseball is boring on television.

I don't mind going to the park to watch it live though. There is no football during the Summer.

handNthedirt
09-14-2004, 10:02 AM
Get the NFL channel, or you may already have it...ch. 275 on comcast digital in our area.

JasperDog94
09-14-2004, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
NOODLING. Now hold ya horses. I hapen to like them tv shows on noodlin'. That dar is good entertainment, I don't care you ya are.

Titans
09-14-2004, 10:14 AM
SOCCER

Is there anything worse?

JasperDog94
09-14-2004, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Titans
SOCCER

Is there anything worse? Only if you could combine communist soccer and golf.

big daddy russ
09-14-2004, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Now hold ya horses. I hapen to like them tv shows on noodlin'. That dar is good entertainment, I don't care you ya are.
Get 'r Done!

big daddy russ
09-14-2004, 10:17 AM
SOCCER

Is there anything worse?
Golf. And Teletubbies.

handNthedirt
09-14-2004, 10:20 AM
Soccer....Whats not interesting about grown men wearing silk shorts and faking injuries? What a bunch of Nancy's!

Phil C
09-14-2004, 10:21 AM
Women's soccer is good Big! You need to go watch UT or A&M play. It will change your way of thinking.

handNthedirt
09-14-2004, 10:25 AM
I read somewhere that the PBA (bowling) was trying to make a comeback, encouraging the bowlers to get "hype" and act obnoxious...like that guy who's on all of the PBA commercials wearing the sunglasses who will roll a strike and the hit his thighs right under his "boys" while yelling "suck it!" Now that is excitment!...and talent.

Keith7
09-14-2004, 10:31 AM
Golf is the most boring.. nothing exciting happens, and its a bunch of un-athletic old men

PPHSfan
09-14-2004, 10:38 AM
Does anyone remember Vern Lundquist doing that show "Bowling for Dollars"? You wanna talk aobut excitement.:D

JasperDog94
09-14-2004, 10:39 AM
I think golf has won the competition as a write in candidate.:D

spiveyrat
09-14-2004, 11:17 AM
golf...

Wildcat81
09-14-2004, 11:24 AM
golf

Titans
09-14-2004, 11:35 AM
Nothing like watching a 3-hour soccer game and getting 1 shot on goal.....WOW - how freakin boring.

Is Soccer in America really a sport?

It's really an activity!

Phil C - I'd rather crush my toes one by one with a hammer than see a soccer game...even worse is a woman's soccer game!

Bandera YaYa
09-14-2004, 01:52 PM
[COLOR=deeppink]Definitly GOLF! (they don't look good in the clothes they wear!) I love baseball...those uniforms....really nice!! YaYa!!:devil: :devil: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Bandera YaYa
09-14-2004, 01:53 PM
Nothing like watching a 3-hour soccer game and getting 1 shot on goal.....WOW - how freakin boring.

Is Soccer in America really a sport?

It's really an activity!

Phil C - I'd rather crush my toes one by one with a hammer than see a soccer game...even worse is a woman's soccer game! Uh oh...now you have gone and done it....get ready !!! :rolleyes:

raider red 2000
09-14-2004, 02:42 PM
nascar...if it is considered a sport.

Phil C
09-14-2004, 03:10 PM
HOW ABOUT THEM USA WOMEN WINNING THE GOLD MEDAL IN WOMEN'S SOCCER AT THE 2004 OLYMPICS BY BEATING BRAZIL 2 TO 1 IN THE FINALS AND GERMANY 2 TO 1 IN THE SEMIS! BEST OLYMPIC SOCCER GAMES WE EVER HAD!

dawgmom
09-14-2004, 04:48 PM
Sorry folks, but I must disagree with the majority. While I agree golf can be boring, I do find it relaxing when I play. I don't care to watch it on TV though! ARGH! Now, the sport that gets my vote as MOST boring would have to be tennis. How exciting is it to sit and watch a ball go back and forth, back and forth, back and forth......:eek: :eek: :eek: And all you hear is the bounce of a ball and grunting! :hairpunk: :eek: No thanks!

setex
09-14-2004, 04:57 PM
NBA

big daddy russ
09-14-2004, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by dawgmom
Sorry folks, but I must disagree with the majority. While I agree golf can be boring, I do find it relaxing when I play. I don't care to watch it on TV though! ARGH! Now, the sport that gets my vote as MOST boring would have to be tennis. How exciting is it to sit and watch a ball go back and forth, back and forth, back and forth......:eek: :eek: :eek: And all you hear is the bounce of a ball and grunting! :hairpunk: :eek: No thanks!

You know, I think tennis is one of those sports you have to have played to appreciate. Golf isn't.

jason
09-14-2004, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
You know, I think tennis is one of those sports you have to have played to appreciate. Golf isn't. golf is a sport...try walking 18 holes in the afternoon in august and tell me being in shape doesnt come into play...

jason
09-14-2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by dawgmom
Sorry folks, but I must disagree with the majority. While I agree golf can be boring, I do find it relaxing when I play. I don't care to watch it on TV though! ARGH! Now, the sport that gets my vote as MOST boring would have to be tennis. How exciting is it to sit and watch a ball go back and forth, back and forth, back and forth......:eek: :eek: :eek: And all you hear is the bounce of a ball and grunting! :hairpunk: :eek: No thanks! its cool when you have chicks like anna kournikova and maria sharapova playing...too bad they'll never play each other...:D :D :D

Keith7
09-14-2004, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by jason
golf is a sport...try walking 18 holes in the afternoon in august and tell me being in shape doesnt come into play...

well if that classifys something as being a sport, then i guess going to six flags is a sport as well then huh?

jason
09-14-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
well if that classifys something as being a sport, then i guess going to six flags is a sport as well then huh? well theres a little more to golf than just walking around...you have to be able to keep a stable mind and at the same time play without fatigue screwing up your golf swing, cause when you get tired, the first thing to go are your legs, and if you have no legs, then you have no torque, if you have no torque in your legs then you try to overcompensate with your arms and, most of the time, that results in a pull hook which makes for an even longer day :D :D :D

3afan
09-14-2004, 05:52 PM
hey, thought you are supposed to be TA'ing !?!?!??!