PDA

View Full Version : Tors2002, WTX_Couch, and wildstangs, I have a question...

Ranger Mom
11-03-2002, 01:28 PM
What are the play-off scenarios for those two districts. I am assuming in 4-3A that Greenwood and Ft. Stockton are in, is there a run-off for the third spot??

And.....in 3-3A who has to beat who for Greenwood NOT to have to play Sweetwater in the first round. I need to know who to yell for Friday night?? :D :D

Thanks in advance!!

Wtx_coach
11-03-2002, 03:43 PM
Ranger Mom:
What are the play-off scenarios for those two districts. I am assuming in 4-3A that Greenwood and Ft. Stockton are in, is there a run-off for the third spot??

And.....in 3-3A who has to beat who for Greenwood NOT to have to play Sweetwater in the first round. I need to know who to yell for Friday night?? :D :D

Thanks in advance!!Hey whats going on mom, first of al its coach not couch LOL, well Greenwood is going to draw either merkel or denver city which will probably be Merkel, then Snyder will draw Ft.Stockton in the big school division and sweetwater will play Monahans, heres my take already Greenwood by 17 whoever they play, Snyder by 14 and Sweewater by 14, Good Luck

wildstangs
11-03-2002, 04:48 PM
Aww..dont wanna play us again? My feelings are hurt. Lol, we really dont wanna see The Rangers for awhile either. I hear we got Monahans, possibly in Midland. I think you guys are gonna get a Merkel team hit hard by injury. Good luck, hope to see yall down the road (Maybe)

Ranger Mom
11-03-2002, 10:59 PM
[QUOTE]Hey whats going on mom, first of al its coach not couch LOL, well Greenwood is going to draw either merkel or denver city which will probably be Merkel, then Snyder will draw Ft.Stockton in the big school division and sweetwater will play Monahans, heres my take already Greenwood by 17 whoever they play, Snyder by 14 and Sweewater by 14, Good Luck [QUOTE]

Oops, sorry about that, I have been sick all weekend and in bed, so I guess that was where my mind was - on the COUCH!!! :o

tors2002
11-04-2002, 09:00 AM
Well, I have not really thought about the playoffs in say 4 games. Going 0-4 does not get the playoff fever up. I am for Lamesa to upset Merkel this week. The Freshman and JV players that have been brought up due to injuries for the Tors have really started coming together. The Snyder game showed alot of improvement. Good Luck to the Rangers and Mustangs in the playoffs. I pick for Sweetwater to win the Region and make it to the State Title Game. I hope they win the shabang but will wait and see. I also wouldn't mind seeing Greenwood winning the whole thing if the STangs don't. Good Luck.

wildstangs
11-04-2002, 09:54 AM
tors2002:
Well, I have not really thought about the playoffs in say 4 games. Going 0-4 does not get the playoff fever up. I am for Lamesa to upset Merkel this week. The Freshman and JV players that have been brought up due to injuries for the Tors have really started coming together. The Snyder game showed alot of improvement. Good Luck to the Rangers and Mustangs in the playoffs. I pick for Sweetwater to win the Region and make it to the State Title Game. I hope they win the shabang but will wait and see. I also wouldn't mind seeing Greenwood winning the whole thing if the STangs don't. Good Luck.Thanks for your support Tors. I respect people that pull for their district in the playoffs. I think you guys could take Merkel. The injury bug has hit them hard at some key positions. Might be a pretty dang good game. Yall could play a major spoiler. I would love to see us advance pretty deep in the playoffs. I feel if we can be consistent then we have a dang good chance at a good run. Good luck again this week and in the upcoming Basketball season.

vet93
11-04-2002, 10:38 AM
Who goes as the #2 small school if Lamesa upsets Merkel. I hope that Merkel wins not because I have anything against the tors but because it has been since the 1960's that Merkel has been in the playoffs. They are due a playoff game. It will be a difficult game because of the loss of Caraway. He was their primary offensive weapon and losing him showed against Sweetwater. Their defense might have to win this one.

vet93
11-04-2002, 10:39 AM
Who goes as the #2 small school if Lamesa upsets Merkel. I hope that Merkel wins not because I have anything against the tors but because it has been since the 1960's that Merkel has been in the playoffs. They are due a playoff game. It will be a difficult game because of the loss of Caraway. He was their primary offensive weapon and losing him showed against Sweetwater. Their defense might have to win this one.

shackina
11-04-2002, 05:20 PM
Denver City is in if Merkel gets beat and Denver City win agains Snyder.
I would like to see Merkel in the play offs as well.

mustang04
11-05-2002, 10:30 PM
I would like to thank the tors, i give them credit on being a good team, next year i hope to see them doing good, and about merkel, well honestly if they didnt talk mess i think they should go to the playoffs, but anybody whos as cocky as they are dont deserve it, we have a great team and we have respect for evry team we play, we never underestimate a team, i hope yall rangers go far, but u never know who will end up where...GO STANGS