PDA

View Full Version : Projections on Softball postseason 3A-using the UIL softball pairing scheme

Old Cardinal
03-16-2004, 01:50 PM
I realize it is early in District play but I want to give the Old Cardinal projection for Region III Softball. This is difficult because there are so many good teams to evaluate. Looking at the way Region III teams have handled other Region teams in postseason I feel that all 10 of the top rated teams Statewide reside in Region III.....Well here goes---

R-stands for runnerup; T-stands for third and W-stands for District winner. They are arranged as to the preset playoff Bracketing per UIL

R-17 West; T-18 Cameron Yoe; W-20 Lufkin Hudson

R-19 Madisonville; T-20 Diboll; W-18 Caldwell

R-21 Hamshire-Fannett; T-22 Huffman-Hargraves; W-24 La Grange

R-23 Sealy; T-24 Elgin; W-22 Barbers Hill

R-18 Rockdale; T-17 Waco Connally; W-19 Crockett

R-20 Jasper; T-19 Mexia; W-17 Waco Robinson

R-22 Splendora; T-21 Orangefield; W-23 Bellville

R-24 Manor; T-23 Navasota; W-21 Bridge City

Let's hear your projections and comments? There are some key games early in the District play that would be affecting this projection based on upsets......

middleagecardinal
03-16-2004, 08:54 PM
BC beat Hardin 4-0 tonight. We did not hit the ball very well but I will give some credit to Hardin. I was impressed and will vote to have them finish 2nd in our district if tonight was an indication of how they normally play. After tonight, BC is 4-0 and Hardin is 2-1 in district.

Old Cardinal
03-16-2004, 10:47 PM
MAC, I too was impressed with the Hardin Hornets tonight....They have a very young team-Pitcher is a Soph. very good Freshman Catcher. I look for them to give H-F, OF and the others a very tough game..I believe they have a very good chance to make the postseason...If you think about it, they will be 2A next year with most all back AND they will have a premium 9th grade Select team trained Pitcher that is doing quite well in the select team circuits at present as an 8th grader....BC boys beat Orangefield 5-0 tonight in baseball.... BC softball wins by 4-0 and that makes them 41-1 in District play with four games under their belt.

Chopblock
03-16-2004, 10:50 PM
Don't count your chickens before they hatch in 24aaa
Elgin's only losses were to 5a Belton

Brahma73
03-16-2004, 11:05 PM
In 23, I'd sure count Columbus in the mix. They're solid enough at pitcher and have a few sticks. Bellville will have their work cut out for them. I would be surprised to see a 10-0 team this year.

Hupernikomen
03-16-2004, 11:43 PM
tarkington might fight for that 3rd spot in 22AAA.

Old Cardinal
03-17-2004, 12:05 AM
I can agree that Elgin could easily upset La Grange over there! That is a close race in the making....Several have felt that Columbus can spoil some folks party over that way-keep us posted on past and present scores...

middleagecardinal
03-17-2004, 08:15 AM
Hamshire-Fannett beat Orangefield 8-1 last night.

Old Cardinal
03-18-2004, 06:08 PM
In seeing that Splendora beat Barbers Hill by a big score that could change things up quit a bit....That could possibly put Splendora against Elgin in the second round....AND Barbers Hill against Bellville....I would say that some one will have to deal with an upstart Hardin team also....Any other upsets that are a good possibility?