PDA

View Full Version : So I totalled my car friday night...

District303aPastPlayer
03-15-2004, 05:58 PM
and now i have to wait and see what my insurance says, becuase i wasnt even driving my car. it was parked outside my house and someone hit it... so now im back to the young days where i had to bum a ride... speaking of which... can i someone take me to work?

Old Tiger
03-15-2004, 06:05 PM
well the good news is that you weren't in your car to get injured from it...

Ray_BearKat
03-15-2004, 06:28 PM
If you car was hit while it was parked wouldn't be the other guys insurance that should cover it? And i'd give you a rid if you were in Kingsville the drive to Sinton is kinda long.:D

lepfan
03-15-2004, 07:39 PM
I would hope the person who hit your car would have not left the scene, but then someone who is boneheaded enough to hit a parked car will probably do anything....those are the hardest to explain to the insurance company

44INAROW
03-15-2004, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
I would hope the person who hit your car would have not left the scene, but then someone who is boneheaded enough to hit a parked car will probably do anything....those are the hardest to explain to the insurance company

Hopefully you have Uninsured Motorist on your car (assuming the other guy fled the scene OR didn't have insurance) the deductible is $250 and they'll provide rental car for 30 days and the good thing is the claim SHOULD not count against you. Reason #1 to carry UM coverage even if you have COLLISON..

sinton66
03-15-2004, 08:34 PM
Aaron, I'm just glad to hear you weren't injured. Hope you get it fixed soon.

JasperDog94
03-15-2004, 09:00 PM
So, did the other guy (or girl) have insurance?

vfunk
03-15-2004, 09:30 PM
the exact same thing happened to me...My car was parked and hit by a drunk driver going 50 mph. He was in his mother in law's car. I felt bad for her cause her insurance had to cover it, but what else was I supposed to do?

RiverRatDad
03-15-2004, 10:34 PM
Good luck. I had two parked cars totalled out in 1978 by a "self-insured" motorist - an Austin Police officer chasing a bad guy. It took nearly 5 years to get paid.....in 1978 prices! I should have filed it under uninsured motorists. Glad you were not hurt.

Old Tiger
03-15-2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
So, did the other guy (or girl) have insurance? It would suck if they didn't. My aunt got hit by a guy who didn't have insurance so they owe a crap load of money.

SintonFan
03-15-2004, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
and now i have to wait and see what my insurance says, becuase i wasnt even driving my car. it was parked outside my house and someone hit it... so now im back to the young days where i had to bum a ride... speaking of which... can i someone take me to work?
Good luck in getting it fixed!

District303aPastPlayer
03-16-2004, 12:23 AM
Well, the guy who hit my car, has insurance. I am waiting to see what MYinsurance adjuster says. I really think they will deem my car totalled. The thing is, the guy stayed there. I know him personally, have for years... its just weird, because my car is sitting in front of my house, and i can see it right now if i look out of the window. Very surreal. I have to walk now.... Like i said.. very surreal

lepfan
03-16-2004, 12:48 AM
I had myNEW truck less than a month when a road rage guy decided to bash it in....my husband and son were on their way home from an OU football game and I think it was in the little town of WEST, TX that this wacked out guy (traffic was heavy and slow) singled my truck out and boom...DH and Son had to call 911 because he looked like he was crazy...then he took off...luckily they could follow him enough to get tag # and such...and because traffic was so heavy they caught him...(the 911 call helped in our case in getting this labeled road rage...otherwise we would have been in trouble...this guy came accross from the shoulder to the inside lane and slammed his brakes on causing my husband to hit him from behind, it also helped that there were witnesses and the fact that he ran)it was not his car and there was NO insurance on it...my Uninsured Motorist had to pay...you have to be careful that they don't tag you with a point when that happens. Always check and make sure