PDA

View Full Version : Bellville Softball

Brahma73
03-14-2004, 12:50 AM
Bellville Brahmanettes come from behind to beat La Grange 6-3 Friday night. Freshman Luetge overcame early troubles (2-run homer in first and another run in second). Wasn't overpowering but threw strikes and the defense was flawless. Big win for the girls in red and white after a disappointing loss at Weimar Tuesday. A very good game to watch! Saw some Columbus and Sealy folks at the game. Brahmanettes start district vs. Columbus Lady Cards on Friday. Outa be a great district race this year.

Go Brahmanettes! Good luck #13!

middleagecardinal
03-14-2004, 11:18 AM
Wow. Great win for Bellville. How did LaGrange look?

BrahmaMom
03-14-2004, 11:24 AM
Woohoo! Way to go Brahmanettes!

Brahma73
03-14-2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by middleagecardinal
Wow. Great win for Bellville. How did LaGrange look?
Pretty solid. A couple of top-notch pitchers - Freshman Lee and Soph(?) Bertsch. Top of order good hitters. #3 hitter (Chernoch sp?) ripped a no-doubter to center in the first inning. Not a lot of easy outs through order. Solid defense. A pretty darn good squad.

Old Cardinal
03-14-2004, 09:50 PM
Wow, sounds like a good winning effort for Bellville. I would look for Bellville to be looked upon favorably in the new Texas Girls Coaches Association poll coming out tomorrow or the next day...

middleagecardinal
03-15-2004, 10:53 AM
I think the TGCA is on spring break this week. I do agree with OC, looks as though Bellville should be back in the top ten.

Bell_06
03-16-2004, 12:08 AM
I am not alone when I say that we just want to see our girls begin to grow as a team. Playing LaGrange got their hearts pumping, they experienced a true team effort.

I wonder about the formula that is used by TGCA for choosing their top 10 teams. For the life of me I can't figure out why Wiemar isn't listed in the 2A section.

But for Bellville.... I think our coaches and girls are adjusting and making the changes required to keep us in the game. With time the girls should be playing with considerably more confidence. That is where I think most teams beat us, LaGrange for example was a much more aggressive team. Maybe our team should have a half hour growling practice :)