PDA

View Full Version : Liberal. Conservative. or plain ole Southerner??

Ranger Mom
03-12-2004, 11:45 AM
Question: How do you tell the difference between liberals, conservatives, and southerners?

Answer: Pose the following question:

You're walking down a deserted street with your wife and two small children. Suddenly, a dangerous looking man with a huge knife comes around the corner, locks eyes with you, screams obscenities, raises the knife, and charges. You are carrying a Glock .40, and you are an expert shot. You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family. What do you do?
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Liberal Answer:

Well, that's not enough information to answer the question! Does the man look poor or oppressed? Have I ever done anything to him that would inspire him to attack? Could we run away? What does my wife think? What about the kids? Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand? What does the law say about this situation? Does the Glock have appropriate safety built into it? Why am I carrying a loaded gun anyway, and what kind of message does this send to society and to my children? Why am I carrying an imported Gloch instead of an American made Smith and Wesson, or Colt? Was child labor used overseas to produce this weapon? How many Americans did I put out of work when I decided to buy an import?Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me? Does he definitely want to kill me, or would he be content just to wound me? If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while he was stabbing me? Should I call 9-1-1? Why is this street so deserted? We need to raise taxes, have a paint and weed day and make this a happier, healthier street that would discourage such behavior. This is all so confusing! I need to debate this with some friends for a few days and try to come to a consensus.

Conservative Answer:

BANG!

Southerner's Answer:

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! click....followed by sound of clip ejection and new clip being inserted. BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! click.

Daughter: "Nice grouping, Daddy! Were those the Winchester Silver Tips?"

poncho
03-12-2004, 01:14 PM
I must admit! I love that one.:D

jason
03-12-2004, 01:17 PM
hehe

Old Dog
03-12-2004, 09:52 PM
last two sound perfectly logical to me! Personally, I'd have my Colt .45 semi-auto. Just one hit and he's down!

WOSgrad
03-13-2004, 08:23 AM
I am a Southerner...through and through.LOL!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-13-2004, 08:11 PM
I resent that based on the fact that I am a democrat. Ya'll can preach all ya'll want about how the democrats will try to run. I have one question. Where are the weapons of mass destruction which was supposedly the true reason we went into Iraq? Until you can answer me that, then stop trying to act like democrats are stupid and helpless and try to find the easy way out.

therealbulldogs
03-13-2004, 08:18 PM
BBDE, do you know anybody that is serving over there?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-13-2004, 08:21 PM
Yeah, I have a couple of cousins serving over there. My dad is a Vietnam veteran and was in the Air Force too.

Old Tiger
03-13-2004, 09:24 PM
funny

Brahma73
03-24-2004, 09:53 PM
Still one of the best posts ever!
ttt

Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Question: How do you tell the difference between liberals, conservatives, and southerners?

Answer: Pose the following question:

You're walking down a deserted street with your wife and two small children. Suddenly, a dangerous looking man with a huge knife comes around the corner, locks eyes with you, screams obscenities, raises the knife, and charges. You are carrying a Glock .40, and you are an expert shot. You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family. What do you do?

Liberal Answer:

Well, that's not enough information to answer the question! Does the man look poor or oppressed? Have I ever done anything to him that would inspire him to attack? Could we run away? What does my wife think? What about the kids? Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand? What does the law say about this situation? Does the Glock have appropriate safety built into it? Why am I carrying a loaded gun anyway, and what kind of message does this send to society and to my children? Why am I carrying an imported Gloch instead of an American made Smith and Wesson, or Colt? Was child labor used overseas to produce this weapon? How many Americans did I put out of work when I decided to buy an import?Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me? Does he definitely want to kill me, or would he be content just to wound me? If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while he was stabbing me? Should I call 9-1-1? Why is this street so deserted? We need to raise taxes, have a paint and weed day and make this a happier, healthier street that would discourage such behavior. This is all so confusing! I need to debate this with some friends for a few days and try to come to a consensus.

Conservative Answer:

BANG!

Southerner's Answer:

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! click....followed by sound of clip ejection and new clip being inserted. BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! click.

Daughter: "Nice grouping, Daddy! Were those the Winchester Silver Tips?"

vet93
03-24-2004, 10:51 PM
Big Blue - I am glad that someone brought this back to the top because I was perplexed when the story talks about a liberal, conservative and plain old southerner. There was no mention of democrat or republican, however, you immediately assumed a slam on democrats. There was once a day when Democrat was not automatically associated with "liberal". Those were the days that the democratic party in the south reflected many of the conservative ideals of its constituents. Now, the word democrat is increasingly synonimous with "liberal". And that is why that I cannot in good conscience support most of our national congressman who are democrats. The party that embraces Sharpton, Kennedy, Jackson, Daschle, Clinton(s), Franks among others is amoral. These indivduals are trying to send our country in a direction that will eventually end in our destruction from social/moral decay. Pray that our country stays true to itself and the ideals and common sense that made it great.

Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I resent that based on the fact that I am a democrat. Ya'll can preach all ya'll want about how the democrats will try to run. I have one question. Where are the weapons of mass destruction which was supposedly the true reason we went into Iraq? Until you can answer me that, then stop trying to act like democrats are stupid and helpless and try to find the easy way out.

AggieJohn
03-24-2004, 10:54 PM
BBDE, i'm sure your good in high school football, but stay out politics till your in college and can truly understand the grasp of it better, enjoy h.s. football, not the fact that your a democrat, as if that's something to cheer for

jykoy
03-25-2004, 11:01 AM
uh oh... I dont think you're supposed to say the S word here.... :thinking:

District303aPastPlayer
03-25-2004, 11:07 AM
AE04 is now ROMed... should be the next thread added to this website.

CHS_Grad '85
03-25-2004, 11:58 AM
Good-bye AE04....

ej2525
03-25-2004, 01:53 PM
Don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on your way out!!

kaorder1999
03-25-2004, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by AE04
Well since that will happen...

$%&* ALL YA'LL

classless human being....sad sad sad...

JasperDog94
03-25-2004, 10:36 PM
And you're talking about someone else's spelling? I'll take poor spelling over your language barrier any day.:(

TarponFanInNorthTexas
03-26-2004, 10:36 AM
Now RangerMom, why'd you have to go and do something like that??? Y'all know i'm a liberal......geez. And trust me, liberals are not anywhere close to as pathetic sounding as they were portrayed in RangerMom's post.

Personally, I would have shot the guy in the leg. Immobilize him until I could call the authorities.

Just because i'm a liberal doesn't mean I'm going to run away, or not defend and protect my family. I really think you should take back what you said. It was NOT cool.

44INAROW
03-26-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas
Now RangerMom, why'd you have to go and do something like that??? Y'all know i'm a liberal......geez. And trust me, liberals are not anywhere close to as pathetic sounding as they were portrayed in RangerMom's post.

Personally, I would have shot the guy in the leg. Immobilize him until I could call the authorities.

Just because i'm a liberal doesn't mean I'm going to run away, or not defend and protect my family. I really think you should take back what you said. It was NOT cool.

Chill out, it was just a joke for heaven's sake. Keep em coming Mom, we all need a laugh to lighten up the day.:clap:

AggieJohn
03-26-2004, 12:10 PM
liberals who dodged the draft in vietnam are the same one's who are shooting their kids in the foot to keep them from going to iraq

spiveyrat
03-26-2004, 12:16 PM

She didn't "say" anything in her post. She merely passed on an email.:rolleyes:

Ranger Mom
03-26-2004, 12:57 PM
Now RangerMom, why'd you have to go and do something like that??? I really think you should take back what you said. It was NOT cool.

Sorry....I thought it was funny!! Lighten up!!!

If you used to like me and now you don't because I posted that - well then......I don't know what to tell you!! I'm not taking it back - I STILL think it is funny!!

slpybear the bullfan
03-26-2004, 01:46 PM

Okay, I gotta get in here on this one.

You can take this as my opinion or as fact. I will defer to other posters who might have received more training than I regarding self defense. I have received some training in self-defense from a personal friend who makes his livelihood

I know this post was just a reply to the anecdote Rangermom started the thread with. This reply was just typed because it made my antennae twitch when I read it. THIS POST IS BY NO MEANS TO BE CONSIDERED PROFESSIONAL ADVICE.

What I have had POUNDED in my head is a couple of Cardinal Rules concerning your responsibilities in Self - Defense. A couple that stand out are...

1.) When you make the decision to use lethal force, you use Lethal Force.

i.e. if the situation calls for you to pull a weapon that is used to put a man down, you are deciding to put the man down. Firearms are not tools used to "wing" someone. Firearms when used in self defense are meant to place a person out of play. Not put them on the ground... not wound them... but immobilize them and render them unfit to cause harm. What I have learned is that in a tense situation you usually have the time to make a threat assesment and then react. There usually isn't enough time to then make a decision on what magnitude of response is appropriate. Again, my training has been when you pull that firearm you are intending to put them out of action permanently.

2.) You are responsible for every projectile that leaves your firearm.

I have been taught to put the sight picture on the center of the chest. Firearms, pistols in particular, are a skill that most folks have to work to acquire. Is is much harder to shoot a pisol than people might think. For that reason, I was taught to aim at the center of the upper torso and pull until the target was down. This offers the biggest target in your sight picture and best chance of not missing. And any shot that misses I am responsible for... so if I aim at the "leg" but miss and my shot hits a car, window, building, etc., then I am responsbile for what or who it lands in. In a self-defense situation, I don't think that there would be enough time to gauge the potential impact area of a near miss in addition to threat assessment and reacting with force.

I pray that no one is ever in one of these situations. I am thankful I have never been and thankful my job does not put me in one.

All I would ask is that if anyone is planning on owning a firearm for self-defense, please go and purchase a little training time.

Sorry for the rambling, please be alert and vigilent and think ahead when you are out and about my friends,

Wildcat81
03-26-2004, 02:15 PM
i thought it was good Ranger Mom. I don't have a Glock,But if anybody breaks into my house I do have 12 gauge shotgun
loaded with buck shot.:D :D :D