PDA

View Full Version : Jasper Baseball Tournament

fred grunden
03-11-2004, 11:10 PM
Thursday's game results: Jasper 3, Buna 2.
Last weekend Jasper won a tournament in Shreveport, LA.
They defeated Shreveport C.E. Byrd and Ruston, LA.

j_dog
03-12-2004, 12:34 AM
Thanks for the info! :) Who does Jasper play next?

spiveyrat
03-12-2004, 07:27 AM
FINALLY! Some Jasper baseball news. Thanks Fred!

Billy Boy
03-13-2004, 08:37 AM
Jasper beats LCM last night 3 to 2

Old Cardinal
03-13-2004, 12:06 PM
Jasper has a very good program this year. They have beaten some good teams. LC-M is no slouch! I watched Sulphur, LA beat Woodville(BC Tournament) last night, it seems that Woodville is not quite as strong as past seasons. Jasper is the best 3A that I have seen this season and BC is not that far behind them......Fred, how is the investments going? I have developed a simple stock picking format that I have taught several people, I can put it on the 3A Down Low if you would like?

fred grunden
03-13-2004, 08:30 PM
Jasper in the final game. Jasper 10, Livingston 1 at the top of the 6th. If we win, I'll let you know.
Yes, Old Card, put on that investment strategy. I can't ever get smart enough to suit myself.:D

fred grunden
03-13-2004, 08:46 PM
Jasper wins it 10-1 over Livingston. Brian Daniel was last pitcher for Jasper. I tuned in during 5th inning, so don't know many game details.

j_dog
03-14-2004, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
... LC-M is no slouch! ...

I think I saw one rating where LC-M was rated 17th or so in 4a so yes they appear to be very good.

Old Cardinal
03-14-2004, 02:56 PM
Well, I heard that it was PN-G 4 BC 3 in the final game of the local tournament.....Seems like PN-G has their number....Both beat some pretty good teams to get there.....

spiveyrat
03-15-2004, 11:37 AM
:clap: Way to go Dogs!!! :clap:

JasperDog94
03-15-2004, 11:53 AM
I look for Jasper to be a serious contender this year. Only time will tell.

Are there any current rankings for baseball?

Old Tiger
03-15-2004, 01:08 PM
good luck to Jasper the rest of the season.

j_dog
03-16-2004, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
good luck to Jasper the rest of the season.
Thank you! :) We need all the luck we can get. Jasper is in a tough district.

WoodvilleFan
03-16-2004, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
Jasper has a very good program this year. They have beaten some good teams. LC-M is no slouch! I watched Sulphur, LA beat Woodville(BC Tournament) last night, it seems that Woodville is not quite as strong as past seasons. Jasper is the best 3A that I have seen this season and BC is not that far behind them......Fred, how is the investments going? I have developed a simple stock picking format that I have taught several people, I can put it on the 3A Down Low if you would like? Woodville's kids had the best year they have had in a number of years last year. They seem to think that because of the good year last year they can just show up and be back there again. They don't realize that when you have a great year like that a big red target gets put on your back. They have also walked around acting like King S*** for the last year. It's time for them to produce. We have a great coach but the kids have never won before and don't realize that you have to play the game.

j_dog
03-16-2004, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by WoodvilleFan
Woodville's kids had the best year they have had in a number of years last year. ... We have a great coach but the kids have never won before and don't realize that you have to play the game.
Never fear. Hennigan will have them playing winning baseball. There is just too much baseball tradition in that family for him not to know how to get the players to win! :)