PDA

View Full Version : Trash Talking Point

Green Ranger
03-11-2004, 09:31 PM
This isnt against everybody in Gainesville but this kinda proves the point that has been talked about recently. Gainesville was a very quick team and the fans in the stands seemed to be great and I wish all of them the best the remainder of the year. HOWEVER, the players themselves talked some loud noise but again it was only talk. Down in the hall prior to the game Gainesville was in front of Greenwood hooting and hollering, then they split and half are on one side of the hall and the other on the other side of the hall. Yell to Greenwood to come through and take the floor. While Greenwood walked through Gainesville continued to hoot and holler and in fact bumped into a few people. Had Greenwood lost, they still would have been better off due to the fact they let their actions speak words. Greenwood ended up being better on and off the court. Those who think talking trash is cool, Greenwood is still playing while Gainesville is watching. District this might be acceptable, but at State Tournament, tells everybody just who you are. Good Luck to Greenwood and Kountze, number one verses number two.

KTJ
03-11-2004, 10:25 PM
Ok...first off, this post isn't necessary.

Second, unless you were down on the court, you have no idea if Greenwood players weren't doing the same thing.

While I do agree that you have every right to post what you want, trying to call out another school on "class" undermines the little class that you have yourself.

VWG
03-11-2004, 10:46 PM
So, if it did happen? Then you're saying that it was o.k. for the Gainesville team to do this????

KTJ
03-12-2004, 12:04 AM
No, I never said I condoned said actions, whether they happened or not.

If this person saw their own home team doing these supposed actions, would they call themselves out?

Ranger Mom
03-12-2004, 12:07 AM
LOL!!

Knowing Green Ranger like I do...yeah, he would!!

HighSchool Fan
03-12-2004, 06:35 AM
Green Ranger, you need to quit crying. Every team in every sport from high school to the pros talk trash, even Greenwood. I have to agree with KTJ, your post is useless. You need to grow up.

Green Ranger
03-12-2004, 09:23 AM
Again this is not against everybody in Gainevilles, in fact if you read the post I said the fans were great and the players were quick. I could almost see the trash talking and the splitting of the walls, but when one or two started jumping and bumped into a manager or two and not say excuse me. That is uncalled for. As far as Greenwood, I was there and Greenwood said nothing because they talked about it prior they were going to let their actions on the floor speak for them and they did from what I saw. As far as calling out, earlier in the season we did have a problem something happened that should not have been tolerated and action was taken against those players quickly. If I am to grow up then those who were talking in the other post need to grow up likewise. All I am saying is some respect, especially at the State Tournament, should be in order and in this case it wasnt.