PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Greenwood!!!

KTJ
03-11-2004, 07:17 PM
What an athletic squad you guys have. I was really impressed. Kinda sad my Leopards didn't show up to play today, but honestly--how many teams can say they made it to State? You're right...only 4 and Gainesville was, again, one of those 4.

Good luck against Kountze!

(If anyone wants my take on the game analysis, just let me know and I'll fire away.)

Ranger Mom
03-11-2004, 07:28 PM
Fire Away!!

(Just don't trash my Rangers in the process!):)

wildstangs
03-11-2004, 07:45 PM
Congrats to Greenwood on the huge win. I dont think maybe people give West Texas Athletics much of a chance against the DFW/East Texas schools, but Greenwood has proved them wrong again this year.

Ranger Mom
03-11-2004, 07:46 PM
Who said "White boys can't jump??":D

exbccards76'smom
03-11-2004, 08:44 PM
Can't wait for this game on Saturday. Good luck to both teams!!

GO KOUNTZE!!!

bubba_chuck_34
03-11-2004, 08:46 PM
Congrats Greenwood I guess yall do deserve the number two ranking in the state. Now just become number one. WIll somonme give me the stats and the analysis of the game.

Old Tiger
03-11-2004, 08:49 PM
Congratulations

KTJ
03-11-2004, 10:21 PM
This is for you Ranger Mom! :D

Gainesville -

This is the first time I got to seem them play. What you saw out there was not the team that won 16 in a row. This team today was unprepared and got outcoached. Since Coach Lee left, the defense has struggled and it's beginning to show. The thing that made me mad the most was seeing Gainesville run the same hi/lo post plays every freakin' time! Greenwood has us figured out with that stingy 2/3 zone. That was a great job by the Greewood coach. Also, lack of rebounding and MISSED SHOTS is what did it in for us. I believe that should we have made the 3 dozen shots we missed, this would be a totally different ballgame. Basically, Gainesville got outcoached in this one.

Greenwood -

Great athletics and it showed today. #4 is a killer. You can tell he played summer ball. Greenwood did a great job finding the open man on backdoor cuts. What I think may hurt you guys against Kountze is their speed. I just dont' see Greenwood keeping up with Kountze speed wise. There were numerous times down the floor that Greenwood got beat. However, they did capitalize on the laziness by Gainesville and had a wide open, uncontested shot down the court after a full-length throw in.

It was a great game. Good luck to you guys on Saturday! :)

Ranger Mom
03-11-2004, 10:26 PM
Thanks KTJ!!

I wish I could have been there to witness it.

A special thanks to Bubba from Graham....our over-rated #50 was the high scorer in the game.

He knew what you wrote about him and wanted to prove you WRONG!!!

SintonFan
03-11-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
This is for you Ranger Mom! :D

Gainesville -

This is the first time I got to seem them play. What you saw out there was not the team that won 16 in a row. This team today was unprepared and got outcoached. Since Coach Lee left, the defense has struggled and it's beginning to show. The thing that made me mad the most was seeing Gainesville run the same hi/lo post plays every freakin' time! Greenwood has us figured out with that stingy 2/3 zone. That was a great job by the Greewood coach. Also, lack of rebounding and MISSED SHOTS is what did it in for us. I believe that should we have made the 3 dozen shots we missed, this would be a totally different ballgame. Basically, Gainesville got outcoached in this one.

Greenwood -

Great athletics and it showed today. #4 is a killer. You can tell he played summer ball. Greenwood did a great job finding the open man on backdoor cuts. What I think may hurt you guys against Kountze is their speed. I just dont' see Greenwood keeping up with Kountze speed wise. There were numerous times down the floor that Greenwood got beat. However, they did capitalize on the laziness by Gainesville and had a wide open, uncontested shot down the court after a full-length throw in.

It was a great game. Good luck to you guys on Saturday! :)
Congrats, I think. :p

VWG
03-11-2004, 10:41 PM
Congrats to the Rangers!
Take the title for Region I!!!

HornetMom
03-12-2004, 09:34 AM
Hey Ranger Mom, congrats on the win. Best of luck tomorrow. Will you be going?

Knightmoon
03-12-2004, 09:39 AM
Congradulations Rangers!!!

Good Luck.

Ranger Mom
03-12-2004, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by HornetMom
Hey Ranger Mom, congrats on the win. Best of luck tomorrow. Will you be going?

No....I want to, but all of my friends are already down there. I don't want to have to drive down alone, my kids are scattered throughout the state right now, and my husband has to work.

So...I have convinced myself I need to stay home and clean house while no one is there and just listen to it on the radio!:(

HornetMom
03-12-2004, 09:50 AM
You'll be there in spirit and thats what counts.:D

Knightmoon
03-12-2004, 09:51 AM
Hi Ranger Mom. What time is the game? I will be traveling back to Midland today for the baseball tournamnent. I might say the Rangers did whip my Badgers last night. I thought I could probably listen to the basketball game at some point.

Knightmoon
03-12-2004, 09:55 AM
and my next question would be....what radio station???. I lost track of days...... but I will be in Midland Saturday also.

Green Ranger
03-12-2004, 10:02 AM
Mom Check your PM's

Ranger Mom
03-12-2004, 10:06 AM
If I am not mistaken...the game starts at 10:30 am.

The station is AM 1070.

My nephew plays baseball for Greenwood....I might be there myself!!

Knightmoon
03-12-2004, 10:17 AM
Might just see you there. You can't miss me, I have this really attractive and most comfortable Aspen neck brace that I have been sporting for the last 6 weeks. Your Rangers looked good, but Merkel looked absolutely terrible last night. I mean they couldn't do anything right. They are capable of playing alot better than what they did against Greenwood last night.

Good luck in the basketball game.

Hey, thanks for the info on the game. I will have to tune in.