PDA

View Full Version : Sealy's Justin Brantley.....

KL3
03-11-2004, 02:37 PM
There are rumors that Sealy's P/TE/QB Justin Brantley may have committed to Texas A&M last night. Anyone with any information?

Chupacabra
03-11-2004, 06:19 PM
The Texas A&M Websider.com (http://tamu.rivals.com/) on the Rivals network says that the Aggies signed Brantly as a punter, congratulations to him.

Old Tiger
03-11-2004, 09:12 PM
Isn't the A&M punter now/former an all-american. He probably averaged 12 punts a game(The A&M Punter).

BrahmaMom
03-11-2004, 10:43 PM
Congrats to Justin and the Brantley family from all their friends in Bellville! He's one talented young man, and has the work ethic and dedication to make a heck of an athlete. I might have to root for the Aggies now! He'll certainly help their game! Austin County is proud, Justin!

Phil C
03-12-2004, 10:07 AM
Good luck to Justin at Aggieland. I hope he gets to do a lot of punting when they play Texas. :)

fullhouse
03-13-2004, 09:40 AM
Thanks so much! It's starting to sink in now and he can't wipe that goofy grin off his face ( mama likes that ). This was his dream. We feel so blessed that this part of it is behind us and now he can focus on other things. GIG 'EM!:D

Phil ~ We're getting that from all our Longhorn friends right now! My Aggie friends are working on getting me straight on the "lingo" ~ on the email I sent out to some friends to let them know he committed, I ended it with "Go Aggies" ~ immediate responses came back informing me to say "Gig 'em", not "Go Aggies". I'm a work in progress, but tickled to death.

Justin has already informed me that we're painting his room today. He wants the big "thumbs up" with "Gig 'em" under it on one wall. He's got it bad!

BrahmaMom
03-13-2004, 05:43 PM
Yep, we moms like that goofy grin! Someone in the household must be talented to handle that thumbs up on a wall! The terminology is a whole new world in Aggieland, fullhouse, but you'll learn fast, I'm sure!

scotty
03-13-2004, 06:20 PM
I'm so happy to hear the good news for the Brantly family. The Aggies must have wanted him real bad as Justin has another year of elegibility at SHS. However, you can understand the Aggies' position. If you ever watched him punt he is in the same class at this time in his career as Ernie Koy, Jr. was back in the early '60 and Shane Lechler was a number of years back at East Bernard. Koy had good careers in the NFL while Lechler continues to lead the league in punting year after year punting for the Raiders. Not only is Justin a fine athlete he's also a specil kind of youngster and you can only wish him the very best. scotty

Tiger Turtle
03-15-2004, 12:01 PM
Great to hear that Justin will be a fellow Aggie. I am sure that Jerry has something of a grin on his face as well. Hope Justin gets to settle in at one position this year and work on consistently bombing those 60 yarders.

JasperDog94
03-15-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by fullhouse
Justin has already informed me that we're painting his room today. He wants the big "thumbs up" with "Gig 'em" under it on one wall. He's got it bad!
Let the brainwashing begin...;)