PDA

View Full Version : there is NO way forney wont be at least #2 in 4A next season

jason
03-11-2004, 08:30 AM
I mean, if you think about it, theyve been top 5 the last 5 years in 3A but they've been playin 4A schedules, except for district....and they've blown out everybody except everman and gainesville...and they both just got lucky...next season: FORNEY 4A DII STATE CHAMPS.....

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Sucks for Burnet though, they have a few DREAM seasons in 3A and they get bumped up...look out 5-5 and no playoffs....

...great programs dont rebuild, they reload...

:hand: :hand: :hand: :hand:

TexasHSFootball
03-11-2004, 09:01 AM
Well, with Forney being stuck in that HP/Wylie district... it will only help.. Tough district means bigger ratings... maybe even a 4A Division II state title and a regional match against Ennis. Burnet on the other hand.. we will see...

My message for Forney vs HP and Wylie....
http://www.texashsfootball.com/board/html/emoticons/partytime2.gif

rholl
03-11-2004, 09:18 AM
Forney might have done well playing 4a teams from a 3a level.....but Ennis, Texarkana High, Bay City, Brownwood, LaMarque, HP, and a few of the other "regulars" might have a little affect on that No. 2 ranking you desire. The Bulldogs from Everman should be fairly strong this year....but I'll be happy with playoffs in first yr.

Titans
03-11-2004, 09:43 AM
Jason:

Please don't insult us by putting a post such as that. You can fool some of the people most of time, and all of the people some of the time...but this is flat out ridiculous.

Now I know you're trying to start a post where people like me will respond, and it worked. Yet, stop trying to sell yourself on the idea. You know they won't be #2 in state in 4A...hell, they won't win a game in district and you have a good idea that might be true.

BTW - why you're still dreaming, why don't you say "National Champions"

JasperDog94
03-11-2004, 10:50 AM
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Matthew328
03-11-2004, 11:21 AM
can anyone say shock value?

jason
03-11-2004, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Titans
Jason:

Please don't insult us by putting a post such as that. You can fool some of the people most of time, and all of the people some of the time...but this is flat out ridiculous.

Now I know you're trying to start a post where people like me will respond, and it worked. Yet, stop trying to sell yourself on the idea. You know they won't be #2 in state in 4A...hell, they won't win a game in district and you have a good idea that might be true.

BTW - why you're still dreaming, why don't you say "National Champions" thank you for being my first example... :D

crzyjournalist03
03-11-2004, 02:40 PM
HP may have tradition, but they've never had to face Forney before!!!!:p :D :eek:

poncho
03-11-2004, 05:52 PM
Jason, We'll see you in the 4a championship game. Dogs and Jackrabbits..Yeah!!:cool:

That way you guys can be second best in 4a.

jason
03-11-2004, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by poncho
Jason, We'll see you in the 4a championship game. Dogs and Jackrabbits..Yeah!!:cool:

That way you guys can be second best in 4a. yeah...the DI winner will be #1...and we all know Burnet blows it in the big game, so y'all cal be #3...

Ray_BearKat
03-11-2004, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
HP may have tradition, but they've never had to face Forney before!!!!:p :D :eek:

Yeah but the way the HP ended Ennis' title hopes last year i doubt they are gonna roll over for Forney. I wouldn't doubt if they won the D1 Championship next year...with Ryan out of the way.

Old Tiger
03-11-2004, 09:01 PM
I see Burnet going 7-3 and going at least 2 rounds deep. They will have an good senior class, but without the presence of Shipley, Warner, Kuhn, and Mcgee I don't know.

spiveyrat
03-12-2004, 07:24 AM
:rolleyes:

Matthew328
03-12-2004, 08:31 AM
In all seriousness Forney will be lucky to get into the postseason....they got a tough draw....Burnet will have a much easier road into the playoffs and may even go 3 deep...

jason
03-12-2004, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
In all seriousness Forney will be lucky to get into the postseason....they got a tough draw....Burnet will have a much easier road into the playoffs and may even go 3 deep... eh, what do u know???:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D :D

olddawggreen
03-12-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by jason
yeah...the DI winner will be #1...and we all know Burnet blows it in the big game, so y'all cal be #3...

Now help me remember here, where exactly did Forney "blow" it the last 2 years? It certainly wasn't in the BIG GAME, now was it? :D :D :D

olddawggreen
03-12-2004, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
I see Burnet going 7-3 and going at least 2 rounds deep. They will have an good senior class, but without the presence of Shipley, Warner, Kuhn, and Mcgee I don't know.

Old Tiger, your pretty close to my prediction, I have said that I think Burnet will do pretty well this year. Preseason, we play a pretty good schedule, 5A Westlake Hills, 4A Reagan, 3A Marlin, and 3A Liberty Hill, I think we have a good chance against all but Westlake Hills. District, Marble Falls, Dripping Springs, Lake Travis, New Braunfuls Canyon and New Braunfuls, I predict that our greatest challenge will be the New Braunfuls schools, I say 8-2. I too, predict we will make it a couple of rounds into the playoffs this year.
We lost some unbelivable talent this year in MCGee, Shipley, Warner, Levens and others, but we will not be short on talent at all. We have a lot of returning talent and a lot of talent moving up. Last year, our JV lost 1 game and Freshmen undefeted. There are plenty of good players just waiting for the oportunity to step up. We will have a Jr. QB, James Parks, who did an excelent job last year and I beleive is capable of making the big plays this year. With my son being a SR. (WR) this year, Im extra excited!

I expect to see a lot from the 3A schools that are moving up to 4A this year. Hey, I I beleive Forney, Everman and Burnet will surprise a lot of people playing at the 4A level. Theres nothing weak about the football played in 3A.

Matthew328
03-13-2004, 06:39 PM
Forney lost a lot but they'll reload....I know Burnet returns some key players but losing Shipley and McGee will hurt.....as for my Bulldogs, they return the house....I think they'll be at least preseason top 20 in 4A next year

Ray_BearKat
03-13-2004, 07:17 PM
olddawggreen, what 5A school is Westlake Hills...I've seen Westlake but no Westlake Hills? Just to double check I searched for the school and came up with Austin Westlake...but I've seen their schedule and they don't have Burnet on there? Are yall playing the JV team?

olddawggreen
03-15-2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Ray_BearKat
olddawggreen, what 5A school is Westlake Hills...I've seen Westlake but no Westlake Hills? Just to double check I searched for the school and came up with Austin Westlake...but I've seen their schedule and they don't have Burnet on there? Are yall playing the JV team?

Sorry, Ray_BearKat, it is listed as Austin Westlake, evan though they are a separate munucipality from Austin. Burnet will actually scrimage Westlake. It should be interesting. Westlake has been quite a power house in the past.

jason
04-20-2004, 08:56 PM
ttt...lets spark a fire on this board....:D

bullfrog_alumni_02
04-20-2004, 09:25 PM
what site are you going to to find the schedules for next year? id like to look at my frogs and see what they are planning on doing.

jason
04-20-2004, 09:25 PM
i dont know that there is one yet...i go mine from locals...

kaorder1999
04-20-2004, 10:43 PM
#2 baby

WOS92
04-20-2004, 10:48 PM
After reading the original post in this thread, I'd like to add jason to my list of favorite all-time comedians. ;)
If they're in the top 2 to start the season, I will cut off my hands and mail them to you. No kidding.

olddawggreen
04-21-2004, 08:55 AM
yeah...the DI winner will be #1...and we all know Burnet blows it in the big game, so y'all cal be #3...

Now Jason, you knew this would get a response out of me! Burnet might blow the big game, but at least they get there:eek: Now what level was it that Forney blew out the last couple of years?:confused:
Seriously, as Ive said before, I think some 4A people are going to be very surprised at the success of some of the new 3A to 4A teams. There is no question in my mind that Forney, Everman and Burnet will do fine in 4A. And yes, Burnet is reloading. Being the conservative poster that I am, I predict that Burnet will go 4-1 in District and advance at least a couple of rounds into the playoffs. Beyond that there are just too many unknowns at this time. But one thing I know for sure, Burnet has a lot of talent to "reload" with. With our past "Headliners" moving on, others will now have the oportunity to move up and have their place in the sun. Im going to be pulling for Everman and Forney this year, unless, of coarse they are playing Burnet.:D

olddawggreen
04-21-2004, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
Now Jason, you knew this would get a response out of me! Burnet might blow the big game, but at least they get there:eek: Now what level was it that Forney blew out the last couple of years?:confused:
Seriously, as Ive said before, I think some 4A people are going to be very surprised at the success of some of the new 3A to 4A teams. There is no question in my mind that Forney, Everman and Burnet will do fine in 4A. And yes, Burnet is reloading. Being the conservative poster that I am, I predict that Burnet will go 4-1 in District and advance at least a couple of rounds into the playoffs. Beyond that there are just too many unknowns at this time. But one thing I know for sure, Burnet has a lot of talent to "reload" with. With our past "Headliners" moving on, others will now have the oportunity to move up and have their place in the sun. Im going to be pulling for Everman and Forney this year, unless, of coarse they are playing Burnet.:D

Sorry Jason,I thought you were firing another round to shake up the board, I resopnded before I noticed the dates, All in fun;) Good luck to your guys. I will be following them. I know they will do great.:)

Rabbit'93
04-21-2004, 10:04 AM
I'm soo embarrased that Jason went to the same school I did.;) :tongue: hehe

jason
04-21-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
I'm soo embarrased that Jason went to the same school I did.;) :tongue: hehe aww, come on now...us forney guys gotta stick together...

:D

jason
04-21-2004, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
hey i know u were just foolin, but fyi, forney has lost to the eventual state champs the last 4 years, hehe...once in the finals to la grange, once in the semis to everman, twice times in the reg finals to everman and gainesville...those were some pretty stout teams to lose to...:p :p

olddawggreen
04-21-2004, 04:12 PM
hey i know u were just foolin, but fyi, forney has lost to the eventual state champs the last 4 years, hehe...once in the finals to la grange, once in the semis to everman, twice times in the reg finals to everman and gainesville...those were some pretty stout teams to lose to...:p :p

Thats very true, nothing to be ashamed of in any of those losses.