PDA

View Full Version : Jackson and Purser will interview at Lee

wildstangs
03-10-2004, 07:10 PM
Just read on Pigskin Prep that Sweetwater's Kent Jackson and Greenwood's Purser will be one of 8 coaches to interview for the Midland Lee job. Abilene Cooper coach Randy Quisenberry is also on the list, surprise surprise.

Knightmoon
03-10-2004, 07:16 PM
It would just break my hear to see Jackson get the job. uh, yeah right......I am hoping he does. My Badgers would appreciate it.

wildstangs
03-10-2004, 07:17 PM
Maybe we could have Flowers from Merkel then haha. Got a schedule for Merkel yet?

Knightmoon
03-10-2004, 07:21 PM
No, I haven't yet. I have been out of commission for about 5 weeks. I had neck surgery in February, so I haven't been out and about. I will see what I can find out. I am more than a little curious.

wildstangs
03-10-2004, 07:25 PM
Ouch, hope all is well. I am sure Flowers picked up some petty good teams. The strength of schedules seemed to have gotten a lot tougher since he has taken over.

Knightmoon
03-10-2004, 07:26 PM
What's up with the changes on this board?? I received an email today about some changes. Had me a little worried.

Knightmoon
03-10-2004, 07:29 PM
The only rumor I heard was that we were still going to have to travel. Maybe further than what we had to in the last two years. That would be hard to believe. I sure am going to miss that trip to Denver City.

Old Tiger
03-10-2004, 08:11 PM
good luck to them, that would be an awesome job to get.

Greenwood Teach
03-10-2004, 09:35 PM
I sure would hate to see Bob leave Greenwood! The athletic director for MISD used to be a principal at Greenwood. Bob has a son that is an assistant coach at Lee. So, those are not good signs for Greenwood. Good for Bob, though.

vet93
03-10-2004, 10:52 PM
I think that both Jackson and Purser would do an excellent job at Lee. Can you imagine either one with some of the athletes that Lee has to work with!!!! However, my gut tells me that they are going to try and go with somebody from one of the bigger schools or stay with the guy who is already there as an assistant. For Lee, if I was to pick between the two 3a guys I would take Purser. I think that he would fit in better with all of the "good ole boys" from Lee. I think that Jackson, may be a little too straight-laced for the Rebels. That is not a statement on who I think is a better coach...just a better fit. Knightmoon...I think that Merkel plays Ballinger again this year. The Bearcats are going to have their work cut out for them because they only have abouit 2 starters back from last year. Hope you boys will take it easy on us!;) Also, I hope everything is going well with your recovery from surgery.

Green Ranger
03-11-2004, 12:02 AM
Also on this list and one whom I would consider to be a front runner is Coach Ratliff currently out and John Tyler. He is a great coach and if I am not mistaken came left this area not to long ago. Purser has been looking for several years now and it is well known he knows and gets along with alot of the coaches at Lee to include Coach Liles who left after last years State Runner up team to take a job at Lee. If Purser would get the job it would be interesting to see who would take his place if Greenwood would bump somebody up or if they would hire out.

wildstangs
03-11-2004, 12:06 AM
Yes he is also on the list Green Ranger. I dont think they will hire either Jackson or Purser. I think it will be between the former coach from Tyler, Quizenberry, or Morton from Monterey.

Greenwood Teach
03-11-2004, 12:19 AM
I'd bet on Quizenberry. (please just don't let it be Purser!)

Mean_Machine
03-11-2004, 10:46 AM
I think I could end up being Purser because he has had success in the midland area and name recognition .

Knightmoon
03-12-2004, 09:24 AM
I would think Randy Quisenberry would be the logical choice. They better snag him if they have the opportunity.

Hey Vet--Recovering well, just bored out of my skull. A man can only watch so much Oprah before his mind snaps. Ready to get back to work. As far as taking it easy on Ballinger--I was going to plead mercy from the Bearcats. Keep in mind Merkel lost 24 seniors, including the Head twins,Chris Hart, Chris Cobb, and Jerrad Knight. Merkel's district was tough, now add Wylie and Clyde. Should be interesting to say the least.

I am still hoping Jackson gets that job. Ha Ha.

Buffalo
03-14-2004, 09:10 PM
What would they do at Sweetwater?

Green Ranger
03-15-2004, 05:32 PM
As I stated earlier in this post: "Also on this list and one whom I would consider to be a front runner is Coach Ratliff currently out and John Tyler. He is a great coach and if I am not mistaken came left this area not to long ago. Purser has been looking for several years now and it is well known he knows and gets along with alot of the coaches at Lee to include Coach Liles who left after last years State Runner up team to take a job at Lee. If Purser would get the job it would be interesting to see who would take his place if Greenwood would bump somebody up or if they would hire out."

Just so happens both Ratliff and Purser are on the front page of the midland paper. I am pretty sure that both articles can be read at www.mywesttexas.com It is going to be interesting to see what happens.

Knightmoon
03-16-2004, 02:14 AM
When do they expect to make the decision? Does anyone know?