View Full Version : Jasper goes to Newton country

Pages : 1 [2]

JasperDog94
10-20-2003, 10:59 AM
Dragoness:
thank god, NO CROW!! Is it true that Jasper had another eneligible player again this year?Did you really hear this or are you just trying to stir up something? :mad: I wouldn't even mention this unless I heard it from a reliable source. :rolleyes:

DOGcatcher
10-20-2003, 11:03 AM
No, they were all good to play... fair win.

<small>[ October 20, 2003, 11:26 AM: Message edited by: DOGcatcher ]</small>

spiveyrat
10-20-2003, 12:14 PM
Dragoness:
thank god, NO CROW!! Is it true that Jasper had another eneligible player again this year?Jasper did play against a team (PNG) this year who used an inelegible player and got a "win" out of it.

And last year when Jasper played Newton, they used an inelegible player for a couple of plays which cost them the District Championship.

BUT, I've heard of nothing else...

Newton 05
10-20-2003, 12:43 PM
Ok we lost but at least it wasn't a total blow out! And the Newton State Team in '98 had a loss we still have a great run ahead of us. :) :D wink :p :cool:

JasperDog94
10-20-2003, 12:46 PM
Newton 05:
Ok we lost but at least it wasn't a total blow out! And the Newton State Team in '98 had a loss we still have a great run ahead of us. :) :D wink :p :cool: I couldn't agree more. If we were to play again, the result could easily be switched. GO EAGLES! :D

BigMeat
10-20-2003, 01:36 PM
I think Newton could play Jasper as many times as they want to and the outcome would still be the same. The players from both teams never gave up throughout the entire game. I think the reason that Jasper won was becaue of the superior coaching staff and and their confidence in the team. You didn't see Jasper's coaches blaming their teams inability to play well for the reason they lost to PNG. They stacked the dead and kept on marching; straight over Newton.

duckbutter
10-20-2003, 01:44 PM
You must not have been at the same game that I was. Superior coaching???? Get a life.

crimson blood
10-20-2003, 01:44 PM
this is a word of caution :rolleyes: not from me but an authority. :o
Proverbs 16:18
18 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.
(KJV)

Reveille
10-20-2003, 01:54 PM
Meat, get your head out of the clouds. That game could have gone either way. If they played again, Newton could very well come out on top. Superior coaching???? Dude, quit smoking the hemp............... Well, Duckbutter, it was his first post. Maybe he will grow up and make some intelligent posts one day. wink

JasperDog94
10-20-2003, 03:50 PM
WARNING, WARNING...THE FOLLOWING POST(ER) DOES NOT REPRESENT THE VIEWS OF THE JASPER COMMUNITY, TEACHERS, ADMINISTRATORS, CUSTODIAL STAFF, CAFETERIA LUNCH LADIES, MAYOR, SHERRIFF, LOCAL HIGHWAY PATROL, GAME WARDENS, MINISTERS, PRIESTS, ALTER BOYS, DOG CATCHER (like Jasper has any of those :D ), LIBRARIAN, OR ANYONE ELSE WITH A BRAIN!!!

bigmeat... :( :rolleyes: eek! :confused:

booger1
10-20-2003, 04:33 PM
It his first post! We'll let this one slide! Rookies! :rolleyes:

<small>[ October 20, 2003, 04:34 PM: Message edited by: booger1 ]</small>

bigdawg92
10-20-2003, 04:47 PM
WAY TO GO DAWGS KEEP IT GOING good luck to all teams

bigdawg92
10-20-2003, 04:53 PM
DIBOLL are yall ready for the DAWGS :D

Wildcat81
10-20-2003, 06:01 PM
bigdawg92:
DIBOLL are yall ready for the DAWGS :D If not! well I rather not say
wink

COMPelite17
10-20-2003, 06:02 PM
I think everybody is freakin nuts!!!!!!

reptard7isCRAZY
10-20-2003, 06:19 PM
Games over, new subject

spiveyrat
10-20-2003, 08:39 PM
BigMeat:
I think Newton could play Jasper as many times as they want to and the outcome would still be the same. The players from both teams never gave up throughout the entire game. I think the reason that Jasper won was becaue of the superior coaching staff and and their confidence in the team. You didn't see Jasper's coaches blaming their teams inability to play well for the reason they lost to PNG. They stacked the dead and kept on marching; straight over Newton.I think you're wrong here. Any time you have two teams play each other this closely, on any given day, these either team could win. It would be like flipping a coin. And as far as Newton's coaching, you must have no idea what Coach Barbay's record is. I can't give you the numbers. But, I do know it is one of the best in Texas.

j_dog
10-20-2003, 08:49 PM
I totally agree, Newton's coaching is among the best in the state, at any level. Coach Barbay wins year after year, in low talent years as well as when he has more talent. As far as his interview, give him a break. He had just lost an important football game! And he mentioned the things that bothered him. So he might be human. Geez!!!

Dragoness
10-21-2003, 10:34 AM
JasperDog94:

Dragoness:
thank god, NO CROW!! Is it true that Jasper had another eneligible player again this year?Did you really hear this or are you just trying to stir up something? :mad: I wouldn't even mention this unless I heard it from a reliable source. :rolleyes: I had heard it at school and I wanted to know the truth so I thought I would ask and get the story straight!!!!! :mad:

crimson blood
10-21-2003, 10:41 AM
pretty sure it is either misunderstood recollection of last year's debacle wink

'least i hope so. :)

snowsnake
10-21-2003, 08:10 PM
BigMeat:
I think Newton could play Jasper as many times as they want to and the outcome would still be the same. The players from both teams never gave up throughout the entire game. I think the reason that Jasper won was becaue of the superior coaching staff and and their confidence in the team. You didn't see Jasper's coaches blaming their teams inability to play well for the reason they lost to PNG. They stacked the dead and kept on marching; straight over Newton.Hey Meat;
Don't let em get ya down. Coaching isn't just teaching football or how many wins you have in your history. Coaching is changing lives, instilling respect not only in your self but for your opponents whether you win or lose. Standing proud and representing your school with dignity. You can win all the games you ever play but if you have to do it by cursing your players, allowing them to disrespect your opponents team thus disrespecting yours, then you can have all the victories in the world and you and your program are still losers in the long run. Ask the towns surrounding Newton how the eagles continue to win year after year. Their recruiting techniques are notorious. I have worked with people that move their kids to Newton to live with relatives just so they might have a chance to be on a winning team. So superior coaching??? If you are counting ethical behavior then I would have to agree.

<small>[ October 21, 2003, 08:13 PM: Message edited by: snowsnake ]</small>